Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 #Redskins vs. Lions - Final

JimmiJo

This Dunbar kid, I don't think I've seen him get beat, really. Even the catches his guy makes... They're all heavily contested.

Pleasantly surprised by how smooth his switch has went. Whoever the coach was who saw it gets major kudos.

IMO, Mckoy is never especially impressive, he is a game manager at best. When he came into the game the running game really took over.

Cousins at least looks like he can make the offense go and be aggressive....his main issue has always been turnovers, but he is still young enough that something like that can be worked on and fixed. Most young QB's throw a lot of picks.

Robert......I just don't know anymore. I think in a lot of ways some of the circumstances are not entirely his fault, but the guy seems to be on the verge of a career-ending hit every single game he plays, whether it is preseason or regular season. 

I still think all things considered, Robert has the skillset with the highest upside, however you have to be able to stay on the field in order for that to happen.

gruden's face looks not very happy

i do not look forward to seeing that face the rest of the season

Anything less than a complete verbal tear down of the offensive starters in his pressers is unacceptable. I think he's the wrong guy for the job, but if he comes out with some positive spin after that 1st quarter - I'll know he's a dead duck after this season.

Has the tackling been as bad with the 2nd stringers?

Not that ive really noticed.  Especially on defense everyone seems to really be on the same page and knowing where theyre supposed to be.  Talent wise were still late getting to the ball at times but no where near the level of confusion I'm used to seeing the last few years

It looks like we have a backup QB playing against starters, and 2 starting QBs playing against backups.

It will be interesting to see how the team handles this next week.  The fervor will be at an all time high to move on from RG3.  The option will be available to the coaches to hold RG3 out of the game entirely due to injury concerns (you couldn't fault a coach for not playing his starter in preseason coming off an injury).  Mcloughan and Snyder could hope that Cousins/Mccoy (whoever gets the nod) falls flat, and then they can quiet the RG3 doubters at least until opening day.  Alternatively, if Cousins/Mccoy are lights out once again, we will be in a similar catch 22 as we were in last season, where there will be pressure to re-insert RG3 after an injury.  Or they could start RG3 next week and just hope for the best, but if he falls flat again it will be very difficult to justify having him start week 1 barring a major overhaul of the offense.

Ok, now I know people are desperate when you have some seriously using a performance as the 3rd string QB, in preseason, as evidence for getting a starting nod. 

Could be worse Skip Bayless, the Browns fans, and ESPN  think they have fixed Manziel, as he goes for ONE score against 3rd stringers.

Archived