Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Preseason Game 1 - Things you want to see (check caveat at top)

ZRagone

1) Pass protection from Oline with firsts out there. I'm gonna be very disappointed if we give up a sack in the first.

2) Run game with firsts. Curious to see if there is a visible difference even in limited sample of Callahan's influence. 

3) OLB play all game. I'll be souped if our Smith/Murphy extended looks get significant + scores against seconds/thirds

PS- If Crowder was playing he would have cracked top 3. I'm very intrigued about his ability to be ST player and mismatch/speed option WR.

How Griffin processes pre snap info and how quickly and comfortably he can get rid of the ball. This is a QB league with the rules they have now and without a top 10 one you are I trouble. If Griff can't get it together this team will be set back a number of years searching for a top 10 QB. Seems the draft or dumb luck is the only way to get one and that's a crapshoot.

I want to see our rookies make some plays (Matt Jones, Scherff running over people at guard, Preston Smith if he's playing, etc).

I want to see our team play more physical than they've played since Marcus Washington knocked out Sean Alexander (because right after that they started playing ultra-soft, it was pathetic). This is a caveat: Due to our physical play, I want to see Manziel cry like a little baby and contemplate retiring from football so he can do what he's good at....

I want to see some of our 2-5 year guys show that they have improved and deserve a roster spot (Chris Thompson, Morgan Moses, Roberts, Niles Paul, Trent Murphy, etc)

Execution. It's early, but I want to see us look like a football team.

Can't say it any better than this. God, I hope our coaching staff (such as it is) kind of looks like a coaching staff tonight. Just get the basics right. 

1. Few stupid mistakes - Let's look like we at least belong.

2. Oline - Especially the right side with Scherff and Moses.

3. Secondary - This has been bad really since Sean Taylor was killed. WE have never really recovered.

3.1 - Dline will it help the secondary look better by making some big plays?

To see how Junior Galette plays ,and meshes with rest of the defensive unit.

To see if  Matt  Jones will be a asset to the running game.

To see the Redskins players and coaches operate as a team. I know this is our first pre season game , I want to see continuity as a team, instead of coaches shaking their heads and players being despondent.

Archived