Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Submitted ONES, 2015 Official PRE_SEASON/Camp Twitter Thread: The will to win on the field starts now. (NO RG3 POSTS!)

SWFLSkins

Greg Hardy is only serving 4 games because as much as NFL fans and americans in general try to pretend they are saints, in the end they only care about domestic violence so long as it doesnt hurt their sports teams, make them late for work, or interupt their morning latte.  All talk, no action.

I'm FAR Mmore theres by our legal systems handling ofHAdy than the NFL and I don't care at all about Hardys penalty in relation to Brady. Those, in my mind, are apples to oranges one is regarding an issue relating to the actual play of the games and on e has ZERO to do with what the league ACTUALLY does. I don't look for a sports league, or ANY business, to be the legal system or the agent of "justice".

I find Misdemeanor forms of assault or theft worse than plagiarism. I find likely, but not criminally proven, instances of domestic abuse far worse than plagiarism. I have no issue with a college kicking someone out for plagiarism on a class paper, but not for said violation/alleged violation of the law that happens off of school grounds, because a college isn't the legal system and it makes sense for it to care more about things relating to its actual purpose instead of trying to act as the moral authority and court for all its students. Same for the NFL

Greg Hardy is only serving 4 games because as much as NFL fans and americans in general try to pretend they are saints, in the end they only care about domestic violence so long as it doesnt hurt their sports teams, make them late for work, or interupt their morning latte. All talk, no action.

Um WUT ?

I'd like to think that even Dallas fans wouldn't mind this idiot being suspended more than 4 games.

SWFL...what did say to get blocked by PP the great and powerful?

I would have destroyed my cell also. Its a personal device that he pays for. None of their damn business how it is used. Did the NFL provide the phone and service? No.

My job provides a cell and I am sure it is monitored. I use it for business. I use my other cell for personal comms. Two phones. You want access to my personal cell or records? Get a warrant.

The ol conflating the law with NFL rules. If hes aware of an investigation and told to preserve things and then destroys them then the NFL has every right to punish him for disposing of evidence for their proceedigs.

Greg Hardy is only serving 4 games because as much as NFL fans and americans in general try to pretend they are saints, in the end they only care about domestic violence so long as it doesnt hurt their sports teams, make them late for work, or interupt their morning latte.  All talk, no action.

Do people forget Hardy was suspended for all of last season as well?

My son goes to the University of Miami Saturday and he was accepted as an equipment manager for the football team! He will be on the field with the players during games, and deflating balls to the PSI that their QB prefers, but he will also be doing a bunch of grunt work during practices also

I fixed it for you.  :lol:

just kidding man. That's awesome. Maybe he can get pops on the field during a game or two.

So Tom Brady and Greg Hardy are serving the same suspension lmao

I assume you're laughing at the fact that a cheater and a woman beater are serving the same suspension for this season, but there are a lot of people that don't think the NFL should regulate legal matters, but are completely justified in regulating their own game and cheating which can drastically change the outcome of the game.

I'd say, they're more justified in Brady's suspension than Hardy's, though Hardy's is the worse of the two crimes. BUT that's the point. One is a crime, the other is cheating. One should go to prison, the other should be suspended for 4 games and his team be hit with a million dollar fine and lose a draft pick. 

Who gives a **** that Hardy got a 4 game suspension. He should be in jail and be someone's *****, not missing out on playing 4 football games. His *** should be suspended for jail time. Hell, Vick was in jail for killing dogs and Burress was in jail for shooting HIMSELF. Neither of them hurt another human being. THAT is the lopsided part of this whole thing, IMO.

Who will #Redskins miss most: a) C Chester B) T Polumbus c) Roy Helu d) None of the above http://bit.ly/1IGoPu0 

CLAtFIaW8AEHcfw.jpg

@JPFinlayCSN #Redskins Lol looks like everyone forgot about Orakpo already

@HTTR24_7 @JPFinlayCSN Yeah Rak had a better career than all three of them, good point Kevin, maybe $ was too much but at least an impact

@johnnylocal @HTTR24_7 didn't forget about Rak. Story was focused on the offense. Most of McC offseason was spent on fixing D

@JPFinlayCSN @HTTR24_7 Oh theres a story? I thought this was twitter, lol.

Sup yall, I need help. What's a good movie to watch on Netflix?

Devouring this a chapter or two at a time: The Art of @SmartFootball http://amzn.to/1MTVv0S 

The ol conflating the law with NFL rules. If hes aware of an investigation and told to preserve things and then destroys them then the NFL has every right to punish him for disposing of evidence for their proceedigs.

You can't prove that nor do you know NFL law to this detail. I spoke from a civil perspective. i did not say they can't levy a punishment but to do what he did is within his full legal right as a consumer. Besides all communications are tracked by the carrier. Depending on the carrier, I can pull text messages from up to 3 years ago and up to 7 years if required by law (archived).

You can't prove that nor do you know NFL law to this detail. I spoke from a civil perspective. i did not say they can't levy a punishment but to do what he did is within his full legal right as a consumer. Besides all communications are tracked by the carrier. Depending on the carrier, I can pull text messages from up to 3 years ago and up to 7 years if required by law (archived).

Haha...theres this little thing called research...Its something that i basically do as a

profession. Furthermore its not about what he has the right to do as a consumer or private citizen. The people are not the ones pursuing him for violations of law. The NFL is. And if you agree to live by their rules and outside conduct policy then yes your life will have more constraints to it and you will have more standards applied to you and be held responsible for acts that a normal citizen would not be. And most importantly...Tom knew that going in. Just the way it is.

Um WUT ?

I'd like to think that even Dallas fans wouldn't mind this idiot being suspended more than 4 games.

Nah, they love it.  They especially love that Brady won't play against them.  Living in DFW they texted me all day.  They think it's funny and great.  It is really sad.  Such is the NFL now.  They don't enforce what they say matters to the league and to the common fan.  Ratings. That is their true bottom line. HTTR 

#Redskins Countdown to Training Camp @ChrisPaulComedy & @JReidESPN joined by @john_keim of @ESPN talking #NFLTrainingCamp on @ESPNRadio980!

Every abuse counseling center staff and volunteers collectively just shook their heads in dismay. 

I find Misdemeanor forms of assault or theft worse than plagiarism. I find likely, but not criminally proven, instances of domestic abuse far worse than plagiarism. I have no issue with a college kicking someone out for plagiarism on a class paper, but not for said violation/alleged violation of the law that happens off of school grounds, because a college isn't the legal system and it makes sense for it to care more about things relating to its actual purpose instead of trying to act as the moral authority and court for all its students. Same for the NFL

Actually when you embarrass an institution, business or school in this case you run the risk if not direct violation of the agreement you made when signing on to said institution. The standards set forth by policy for businesses and schools are far more reaching then the law in many cases, IE; you don't really need a criminal conviction to be dealt discipline. 

Tom Brady can invoke his private citizen rights, but CBA establishes employer-employee guidelines. Incident happened at work, involves work

During the four months that the cell phone was in use, Brady had exchanged nearly 10,000 text messages, none of which can now be retrieved from that device

Note the very careful wording by the NFL here.  None of the texts can be retrieved "from that device."  They could still be retrieved from the carrier, from the person he was texting with, from iPads, from backups of the phone that may have been saved on his computer, etc.  Were any of those things deleted?  Did the NFL try to obtain from those sources?  Were they successful?  Why not?

Not defending him for destroying the cell phone.  If you're innocent it looks terrible, and if you're guilty it's a dumb plan.  But the way that sentence is phrased sounds to me like it was written more for the media/PR war than anything else.

Archived