Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Submitted ONES, 2015 Official PRE_SEASON/Camp Twitter Thread: The will to win on the field starts now. (NO RG3 POSTS!)

SWFLSkins

hahahaa........

Does anyone else think the weirdest thing about this whole DeflateGate saga is that Stephen A. Smith broke a legit news story?

Stephen A. Smith is breaking NFL news, people are wearing hats on their feet, and hamburgers are eating people.

@AdamSchefter Your wrong, the Redskins start tomorrow

@InkandAmmo @AdamSchefter You're both right. The Skins arrive to do physicals, film, walk thrus today--closed to the public.

What the NFL was doing was not pursuant to a civil action and not a criminal action in trying to retrieve text messages to prove something.  There was no case in any court of law, thus issuing a supoena to the phone company to produce the texts was basically out of bounds.  Their only recourse is the physical possession of the phone and hope that the texts were still there or recorded in the phone memory itself.

Brady is subject to NFL action only, he didn't commit a crime, and the NFL didn't bring a civil lawsuit against him making him subject to supoena power.

Hope this helps.

What the NFL was doing was not pursuant to a civil action and not a criminal action in trying to retrieve text messages to prove something.  There was no case in any court of law, thus issuing a supoena to the phone company to produce the texts was basically out of bounds.  Their only recourse is the physical possession of the phone and hope that the texts were still there or recorded in the phone memory itself.

Brady is subject to NFL action only, he didn't commit a crime, and the NFL didn't bring a civil lawsuit against him making him subject to supoena power.

Obviously.  

But Brady's defense is well, I just regularly destroy my phone when I get a new one.  With Brady's consent, they can get the texts from the carrier.  Did they ask him to do that?  Say for a short window in the particularly relevant time?  If they did, and he declined, it pretty much eviscerates his excuse.  If they didn't ask him to consent, it's a glaring omission by the NFL

Note the very careful wording by the NFL here.  None of the texts can be retrieved "from that device."  They could still be retrieved from the carrier, from the person he was texting with, from iPads, from backups of the phone that may have been saved on his computer, etc.  Were any of those things deleted?  Did the NFL try to obtain from those sources?  Were they successful?  Why not?

Not defending him for destroying the cell phone.  If you're innocent it looks terrible, and if you're guilty it's a dumb plan.  But the way that sentence is phrased sounds to me like it was written more for the media/PR war than anything else.

From the Goodell report:

"During the four months that Mr. Brady used that cellphone, he exchanged nearly 10,000 text messages with a wide range of individuals.

Following the appeal hearing, Mr. Brady's representatives provided a letter from his cellphone carrier confirming that the text messages sent from or received by the destroyed cellphone could no longer be recovered."

Fact or fiction, this is what was told to Goodell. 

I really encourage people to take time to read his report. It lays out, very logically, Goodell's analysis & reason for punishment.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2015/07/28/0ap3000000504265.pdf

So far this training camp sucks, man

Sorry for the prematurethreadulation. Hap and I discussed and thought earlier to start the better, seems the dearth of news continues until tomorrow. 

Off to take the grandkids to the Kennedy Space Center for a tour, be back later

Go ahead and Take-OFF, I am off to work myself, have at it masses. 

Sorry for the prematurethreadulation. Hap and I discussed and thought earlier to start the better, seems the dearth of news continues until tomorrow.

I've heard it all before. You guys are slipping. How about some "RGIII sux dude" tweets or something to get the blood flowing a bit? Something, anything besides Tom and his cell phone.

Where is JSteelz and Lavarleap to tell us that Gruden might or might not be fired at the end of the year depending on if what they are hearing is accurate depending on that other thing? Oh, and Perry F was secretly brought in to be head coach, dontcha know. Unless it doesn't happen.

Bring it!

Obviously.  

But Brady's defense is well, I just regularly destroy my phone when I get a new one.  With Brady's consent, they can get the texts from the carrier.  Did they ask him to do that?  Say for a short window in the particularly relevant time?  If they did, and he declined, it pretty much eviscerates his excuse.  If they didn't ask him to consent, it's a glaring omission by the NFL

What Brady did is basically lie out of his butt.  See, like a good liar, he tries to create a reasonable excuse, something that on the surface seems okay.  In this case its "We destroyed the phone, I usually destroy the phone(despite knowing you wanted to see things on it), but we will help you get the information from the carrier!".  See, that sounds good, hes trying to be helpful!  Except for one major glaring problem.  

What is that problem?  That a team of lawyers knows full well that cell carriers DONT keep text message content, EXCEPT for Verizon, and even then they only keep it for 3-5 days.  They let the NFL know 4 months later that they destroyed the phone and then offered to help them find text messages they know hadnt existed for many months.

Where is JSteelz and Lavarleap to tell us that Gruden might or might not be fired at the end of the year depending on if what they are hearing is accurate depending on that other thing? Oh, and Perry F was secretly brought in to be head coach, dontcha know. Unless it doesn't happen.

Bring it!

Wow if that doesn't accurately describe those guys, nothing will. I started reading this board in 11 and joined in 12 and the reps those guys had never matched any output I saw from them.

I assume they had their connections and info at one point to get that rep.

I was disappointed to say the least

Archived