Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Florida State QB DeAndre Johnson hits Woman VIDEO

SiCkSoULjA

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/07/woman_in_deandre_johnson_incid.html

Woman in De'Andre Johnson incident will not be charged, 'it's clear' the QB initiated contact, says State Attorney

*Click Link For More*

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/deandre-johnson-gma_55a4fe0ae4b0b8145f738397

De’Andre Johnson Tells 'GMA' Racial Slur Didn’t Justify Hitting Woman In The Face “It doesn’t matter. What matters is that I shouldn’t have raised my hand to her.”

In an interview published Tuesday morning, recently dismissed Florida State quarterback De’Andre Johnson told "Good Morning America" that the alleged use of a racial slur by a woman at a bar didn’t justify his punching her. 

“It doesn’t matter,” he told ABC’s Michael Strahan when asked about the use of the slur. “What matters is that I shouldn’t have raised my hand to her.”

video released earlier this month showed Johnson allegedly punching a woman in the face at a bar on June 24. Johnson was shortly thereafter dismissed. His attorney said the woman hurled “racial epithets” at Johnson, which TMZ said included, “Get off me, you  f****** n*****." 

I totally should have walked away,” he said at another point in the interview.  “I am ashamed of that. I’m sorry. I apologize to the lady in the incident, to her family, to my family, to my mother. I know I wasn’t raised that way.”

*Click Link For More* 

I didn't think he initiated contact, but I watched the video... maybe twice when it first game out (if there's another view i haven't heard of it, much less actually watched it). If the people charged with investigating it came to that conclusion, then I have no problem admitting to being wrong about this instance.

Has there been any verification that she actually called him a racial slur?

From the start that just seemed like an obvious excuse that may not be true....

Not sure what I think of the apologize. Just too used to athletes and celebrities with their bs apologies to make things go away.

Agreed. Good on him for handling that way. I'm sure he was advised, but still a very nice apology and with that it's over (unless he does it again) Everyone makes mistakes.

True story. Most of my mistakes involve forgetting to get milk at the grocery store or returning a video to the red box.

The classics never die, Burgold. I just can't remember what she was originally sent out to get. Was it something like Skittles and a shovel?

I can't remember if strawberry milk and a mop was what she was supposed to get, or what she came home with.  It's been awhile.  I know there was an empty package of M&M's on the other side of the ledger.

Geez... I remember thinking that was a long thread and he was really getting it handed to him. It's only three pages. Times and lengths have certainly changed.

Backstory for some, Coach Williams was very much a crusader and a religious crusader in many threads (including ones that had nothing to do with religion.) I think in context to who he was... his outrage and disgust at his wife forgetting strawberry milk of all things just added to the absurdity and the moment.

Archived