Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

1 hour ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Blame the FIFA mafia for stuffing the Copa America and Gold Cup finals into the same day as the WWC final.

I don't know why, but I find women's soccer more entertaining then men's. Maybe it's because the US has a good women's team while the men are well... they try hard. (Actually, I don't even know if this is true anymore. I think the US men are somewhat competitive. Still, I find the women's game more interesting.)

Edited by Burgold
  • Like 1

Looking forward to the final tonight. Want to start seeing McKennie, Adams when he's back, and Pulisic establishing the next generation for the US. So much more talent in the young players for us then used to be and our youth teams have been better than Mexico's in the last couple of years with the talent we have. Let's start showing it tonight.

• Like 1

The US men are just like 95% of the worlds national teams, there are no Cinderella champions in the World Cup, one of the same 5 or 6 nations wins it every time.

But, the US has advanced out of the group stage in 3 of the last 4 WC finals (Most recently in 2014 when they were part of the group of death which included Ghana, Portugal, and Germany), that was a brutal group and only 2 teams advance and it was us and Germany.

We have talent, are we France, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain? Hell no but we have some good young talent and should qualify for the next Cup and we'll see what happens.

The women and men's games are very different, there are so many paths a male athlete can take if he wants to play professional sports and make millions, women, not so much.

Soccer has been at the bottom of the food chain as a choice for young American men, especially young men in those communities who are less fortunate.

We're just starting to tap into our diverse talent pool, look at the men's national team 10 years ago, all white guys, look at our best young players now and you will find the team is much more diverse, this is extremely important to the US becoming a more competitive soccer nation. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'll kleep saying it but we have a golden generation in Puli and Sargent and McKinnie and Carleton and Weah that are going to be stars if they continue to progress.

Heck, even our U-20 team looked formidable. I look forward to seeing some of those guys on the senior squad!

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Like 2

Ok guys, I'm going to try an experiment tomorrow. All of these people who cry about people kneeling about the National Anthem, I'm going to ask them the following questions and see how they respond:

1. Do you know the name of the National Anthem?

2. Do you know the words?

3. Do you know who wrote it?

4. Do you know what year it was written?

5. Do you know why it was written?

6. Do you know when it was adopted as our National Anthem?

Lets see how these "patriots" reply.

5 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

80-90% Mexican fans? How?

I get it, lots of Mexican immigrants in this country. But damn how do they fill up the stadium like that. Are there no American soccer fans in Chicago?

There are regions of the country where the US vs Mexico game is an away game for us, Chicago is one of many cities like that.

We actually schedule around it come WC qualifying time.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Is it just me or is there a little bad blood between these two teams?

Just a bit.  US could use a bit less professionalism at times because Mexico punks them all the time.  Dragging, grabbing throats, shoving, standing over guys... all routine sights between these teams.  

• Like 2

Bradley has no business being on the field given the way the team is trying to play. He is just not good enough technically nor as an athlete.

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Is that a sports bra? Is that normal? 

Is that a serious question? 

• Like 2

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Is that a sports bra? Is that normal? 

No. It holds the sensors that track vitals and movement. 

And Altidore was taken off for more “defense” in a 0-0 game. And Morris comes out. But Bradley stays in. 

Now now we get to watch the Mexicans dive on any contact and waste 3 minutes for every flop. 

• Sad 1