Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

10 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

IMO the forward was fouled in the act of shooting but she was offside when the ball was played through and I don't think she ever got back onside.

I only saw the last 15 minutes. Was the USA trying to play 5-3-2 and not push the wing backs forward at all?

Not the whole game.  I think they went to it in towards the beginning of the 2nd half.  In the first half England did well getting the ball into the middle of the field in the in the middle 1/3 of the field (or just into the US defensive 1/3), and then playing the ball forward.

They pulled back to try to control that (and they were winning).

I also though it looked like she was offsides.  I was surprised that the commentators didn't say anything about it.

18 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

IMO the forward was fouled in the act of shooting but she was offside when the ball was played through and I don't think she ever got back onside.

I only saw the last 15 minutes. Was the USA trying to play 5-3-2 and not push the wing backs forward at all?

Exactly. Jill Ellis footy, sit on a one goal lead.

If Lavalle isn’t fit to go in the final, either team (Sweden or Netherlands) could give the US trouble. Once Mewis came on, Ellis went 5 at the back, and the midfield stalled. Mewis, Horan, and Ertz will get run ragged by the Dutch midfield, and Miedema is a world class striker at only 22. She could rewrite the women’s scoring records if she stays healthy.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Long n Left said:

Exactly. Jill Ellis footy, sit on a one goal lead.

The defensive shape was so flat with the midfield dropping back, the USA were very fortunate to survive. The defense held but kept turning the ball over because of their lack of shape, and so England could have another go.

I've always felt it was easier to defend when the other team doesn't have the ball in your last third of the field. 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Corcaigh said:

Glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed it was offside. They only showed the replay that far back once. I was livid when they awarded the penalty without bothering to check if it was onside. 

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

When are we supposed to pee during these games?

That’s the soccer fans struggle.  They even made a commercial around this concept.  The moment you look away, get a beer, pee, or whatever...”GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!”

38 minutes ago, Destino said:

That’s the soccer fans struggle.  They even made a commercial around this concept.  The moment you look away, get a beer, pee, or whatever...”GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!”

Honestly, I did miss one...for England...and they took it back! You're welcome, America!

4 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed it was offside. They only showed the replay that far back once. I was livid when they awarded the penalty without bothering to check if it was onside. 

It was clearly onside.

image.png.97511904de47b847e443e889b9a87506.png

Edited by skinswillwin06

1 minute ago, skinswillwin06 said:

It was clearly onside.

image.png.97511904de47b847e443e889b9a87506.png

Can you rewind that another tick to see where the player at the bottom of the screen was before the pass to her? 

Like I said they only showed the replay once and it seemed like both players were ahead of the D. 

3 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Can you rewind that another tick to see where the player at the bottom of the screen was before the pass to her? 

Like I said they only showed the replay once and it seemed like both players were ahead of the D. 

clearly on.

image.png.33f8008eee844eaecc9480883629a3b3.png

Edited by skinswillwin06
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Love how everyone hates our gals. They just hate that we're kicking their ass in THEIR sport on THEIR turf.

Don't like the celebrations? Beat us.

Yeah, Phil Neville started the talking in the pregame press conference with his complaining about hotel scouting....

Berhalter interview:

'We think Mexico is the favorite for this tournament' - Gregg '****ass' Berhalter

Really Gregg? Way to keep lowering expectations. We wouldnt want to go into any tournament/game with confidence that we are the best team out there. No, lets tell the fans and our players that we just arent good enough to beat the Mexican B team. The media saying that is one thing, the US coach is a completely different story.

Berhalter on Curacao"

'We allowed them too much space, we allowed them to play balls into their striker too easily. That would have made things easier for us in the game. - Gregg 'Genius' Berhalter

No duh Gregg, but that was your tactical decision. You told our players to drop off and play defensive because Curacao is such a powerhouse of a team. Yet again establishing a weak mindset and low expectations. You have left our players apparently confused as to what in the world they are supposed to be doing and timid.

• Confused 1