Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

58 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I'm not a soccer fan and not really emotional one way or the other about how the national team performs.

But it's sad that probably half the country was cheering against the women's team because they...gasp!....deigned to not sing the anthem. 

Do yourself a favor and stay away from Elmo's website - Rapinoe is getting hammered

47 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I'm not a soccer fan and not really emotional one way or the other about how the national team performs.

But it's sad that probably half the country was cheering against the women's team because they...gasp!....deigned to not sing the anthem. 

that’s just the latest excuse, they hate the teams political stances. Had the team slammed the US or… I don’t know…burned a flag or something while at the World Cup it would have pissed me off. If you don’t like the country, then you shouldn’t be representing the nation in a global tournament. This isn’t a club tournament, it’s all about repping your country. That’s what makes it special. They did not, to my knowledge do anything of the sort. Standing (or kneeling) for rights, progress, or greater awareness is not anti-American in the slightest. Right wing lunatics clearly don’t understand that.

• 7 months later...
50 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Hey hey hey...

We just beat Mexico 2-0...

Does anybody care?

Me and the fam watched it tonight. Both my kids play competitively and I used to coach, so we were watching.  We watch a ton. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

They were pretty dominant against Mexico. They played a very pretty passing attack style attempting/making many connections I don't think they would have even tried 10 years ago.  We are seeing the progression of a generation of players who spend their prime years playing in overseas leagues.  We finally looked like the team we were promised when we failed to make the World Cup  (time before last) and were told not to worry the pipeline looked good.  It does.

I will say that game is a reminder why it sucked Reyna was played more in the last world cup.