Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

And the ref blows final whistle BEFORE the 3 min of stoppage time was up. Ridiculous substitutions for Berhalter. Embarrassing really. Michael Bradley should NEVER receive a call again. EVER. The fact he played 93 is a ****ing joke. 

Also, Steffon is NOT the keeper of the future. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

The US men are just like 95% of the worlds national teams, there are no Cinderella champions in the World Cup, one of the same 5 or 6 nations wins it every time.

Wouldn't you consider Croatia a Cinderalla?  Though not reaelly a champion, if the US somehow got to the final that would be massive coup.  Heck even into the 3rd place game.

I think its much more than 5 or 6 teams.   The following teams have finished at least in the top 4 since 1990.

France 

Germany

Italy

Brazil

Spain

Netherlands

Belgium

England

Argentina

Croatia

Uruguay

Portugal

South Korea

Turkey

Sweden

Bulgaria

• Like 1

...and that's all I got to say about that....

72C9E3BA-B03D-4790-8E2B-93F253004B90.jpeg

32 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Bradley was awful in that game.    Hopefully this is the last time he suits up for USMNT. 

You can hope all you want.

Altidore shows himself as a 75' sub so it's natural that he starts.

Bradley spends the last three years running around lost and two steps off...he plays 90+

....and THIS is what we waited 11 months for....nothings chanfed and we STILL don't deserve Pulisic.

The USSF needs to be summarily executed for dereliction of duty.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Not sure how there weren’t 2 yellows there for Mexico...

2 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Bradley has to go. 

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

****. I hate Mexico.

1 hour ago, Popeman38 said:

No. It holds the sensors that track vitals and movement. 

And Altidore was taken off for more “defense” in a 0-0 game. And Morris comes out. But Bradley stays in. 

Now now we get to watch the Mexicans dive on any contact and waste 3 minutes for every flop. 

Bradley going 90+ should be grounds for a firing. The fact that LB was the last sub when trailing. 

Bradley AGAIN hands it to Mexico. Gift wrapped. 

And more CONCACAF greatness. 3 min of stoppage time with all the flopping and injury stoppages. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Altidore sucks. 

And the ref blows final whistle BEFORE the 3 min of stoppage time was up. Ridiculous substitutions for Berhalter. Embarrassing really. Michael Bradley should NEVER receive a call again. EVER. The fact he played 93 is a ****ing joke. 

Also, Steffon is NOT the keeper of the future. 

Seriously...every ****ing word he said. There should have been 1 yellow and one red in that exchange.

and Steffen was ****ing lazy on that attempt, he didn't even extend his arms...like what you think it's gonna sail wide Zack?!

• Like 2

Mexico finished one of the chances they had... USA didn't. Need someone competent on the end of corners.

I feel like this: if Team America plays like this 2 years from now, they will qualify for the 2022 World Cup.

Questions I have are: who is going to be striker for Altidore and who will be defensive mid for Bradley. Gosh, I hate Bradley... but must be some reason he still starts.

5 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Yeah seemed like Bradley lost every battle for the ball. Lots of bad passes too.

Wish Altidore had gone left corner on that one chance. Much better angle. 

The goal came directly after a weak ass Bradley challenge, the first defender had the ball carrier contained, Bradley came in and stepped right over the ball. I screamed at the tv...seconds later....goal.

If Bradley is the only choice at midfield there then ya'll we're in trouble.

Oh, and Altidore trying to go cute lefty againt Ochoa???? REALLY JOZE! You had Ochoa pulled, take a step left and dump it in right behind him just like you've done a million times....but no.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Wouldn't you consider Croatia a Cinderalla?  Though not reaelly a champion, if the US somehow got to the final that would be massive coup.  Heck even into the 3rd place game.

I think its much more than 5 or 6 teams.   The following teams have finished at least in the top 4 since 1990.

France 

Germany

Italy

Brazil

Spain

Netherlands

Belgium

England

Argentina

Croatia

Uruguay

Portugal

South Korea

Turkey

Sweden

Bulgaria

"No Cinderella champions", was my quote, champion doesn't mean 3rd or 4th place and the masses in the United States want champions regardless if its realistic or not.

Personally, I would take a semi-final berth and that's probably the ceiling in a perfect WC scenario with many breaks going our way.

As for the game, the midfield was so disappointing in the 2nd half, the middle of the field just collapsed. 

I thought the defense played well, the big guy in the middle with the mullet did a good job of getting his head on every ball but until we get players with better technical ability teams will be able to break us down because we can't play in small spaces,  when we string together 6 or 7 passes we panic and then force the ball, you have players who are hesitant to take space that is there so nothing ever opens up.

Mexico just dominated the 2nd half, we were borderline embarrassing for long stretches BUT we had some very good chances to score throughout the game, until we get a true finisher up top and someone who can somewhat control the central midfield this is what we are looking at. 

All in all, I think it was a decent tournament based on the roster we used, that was a team full of inexperience and JAG level talent besides a couple of players, I think we will see a much different team in the next WC if we qualify.

Edited by JSSkinz

For as long as Ive been a member of this board, Ive railed on Michael Bradley being a subpar central midfielder. This has been going on for 15 years now. The man is lost. 8 years ago his best asset was toe poking a through ball occasionally and hustling. Now he routinely gets beat. For 15 years ive never seen him subbed out unless by way of 2 yellows. He wont shoot the ball. ( watch him stand at the top of the box against curacao and write a letter home to daddy asking for his permission to kick the ball over the goal). Last night he was gassed by halftime and the goal came right after he let his man run right by him. He marks no one on the pitch!

Dude plays the 2nd most important position on the field, and has no ability to do his primary job of controlling the ball. If they dont replace him soon, all this talk about Pulisic will mean nothing. Think about all the other central midfield players w'eve cycled out of who have all played better than him: Edu, Jones, Beckerman, Clark, Adu, Feilhaber, etc. Its infuriating. He's not a leader. Doesnt control the ball. Doesnt shoot. Cant pass unless its a toe poke backwards. Cant defend without putting himself out of position. And has clearly lost a step. Its OVA!

Altidore looked great in the first half sans a bad shot. But he made atleast 4 GREAT chances that we couldnt put away. He shouldnt play the full 90 anymore, but Zardes most definitely should not be the guy coming in for him.

• Like 3