Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US Soccer thread.

Kilmer17

10 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

So is a red card like a PK thing in hockey?

Red card = match penalty (or game misconduct) in hockey (you can't return to the game)  Even worse, in soccer the team can't replace you, so are playing shorthanded for the rest of the game.

Edited by DCSaints_fan
Added game misconduct

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Ok, I understand the red card now...is that why they added more time to the clock?

No, the clock doesn't stop during the game so they add time based on how much time the clock ran not during actual playing time.

1 minute ago, PeterMP said:

No, the clock doesn't stop during the game so they add time based on how much time the clock ran not during actual playing time.

Still learning, but I know a win when I see one.

3 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

It’s stupid that they still do this.  They could easily sync the refs watch with the game clock.  

25 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

The England striker has been carving up the US CBs. That was a good call on the penalty, but did they check for offside on the initial pass?

IMO the forward was fouled in the act of shooting but she was offside when the ball was played through and I don't think she ever got back onside.

I only saw the last 15 minutes. Was the USA trying to play 5-3-2 and not push the wing backs forward at all?

• Like 2