Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haszard County: The official '15 OTA's/Camp Twitter thread, Duke & the Schreff, Boss Hog!

SWFLSkins

This is how I feel. If I weren't such a big Redskins fan I would probably ditch the NFL.

I am about fed up with all the stupid and wimpy rule changes, drugs, DUIs, PEDs, domestic violence and greed.

Exactly!

But you forgot to mention fireworks and writing letters to your 14 year old self.  FED UP!

C'mon training camp!

Actually the few of us that are left are posting to a dead site due to the fact that the internet is out of IPv4 addresses and switched to IPv6 months ago. Not to mention the Great First Zombie War which wiped out most of western civilization as we know it. Hap was eaten by a Mickey Mouse zombie. Poor fella...

All of these posts are made by random Cuban bots to keep hit counts up and traffic flowing. Same with all of the news outlets...bot generated articles based on millions of previous articles. They are just keeping up a front...kinda like cardboard soviet launch sites.

Im on a fishing trawler headed to Zihuatanejo for lunch using an old X.25 satellite link. Mis en place set Chef? What's for lunch?

See if KB really is still there?

Weird that it's 8 days until the start of TC and this site is dead. I've seen more life in a morgue. 

I guess it's the 20 years (1992-2012) that put people in a funk, then have a 1 year respite with frenzied excitement, only to watch it go down in flames on the Fed Ex turf.

It was last season that really funked me up. I remember thinking at the start of last year that no matter what happens, it can't be as bad as the previous year. What an optimistic fool I was. This year I'm trying to keep expectations to a minimum.

I am looking forward to camp, but I'm not gonna get hyped by any reports of how good the players are doing. I don't care if we go 4-0 or 0-4 in preseason, recent years have confirmed that they don't mean ****.

I am hoping for some improvement in the team, especially at FS, OL and QB. I think that if we can get a three or four game increase In the win column (not an easy feat) then I'll be back to my optimistic foolish self next year.

It's 5;24 sure they aren't wanting to sleep in until 6? hahhaa, What time did you get up 3? Grandkids like granpa eats lunch so late, like at 4, I could go on,,,,haaha, Hope y'all have a wonderful day and you can still move fast enough to beat the lines on the rides. 

We got up at 4am had early 7am passes to get in.

ESPN 980 @ESPNRadio980 53s53 seconds ago

http://ESPN.com  has RG3 as 28th best? Are they right? 301-230-0980 or tweet @JacksonSports @BMitchLiveCSN and @RickDocWalker

Rick Snider retweeted

.@Snide_Remarks says the Redskins are struggling to stay relevant after being one of the NFL's most influential teams http://www.pressboxdc.com/2015/07/21/redskins-need-more-pizzazz-to-crack-top-100 

Redskins Gold Pants @SkinsGoldPants 32m32 minutes ago

[sB Nation: Hogs Haven] - Daily Slop: Preston Smith, Trent Murphy to Battle for Washington Re... http://bit.ly/1IciwrC  Via - @HogsHaven

Washington Redskins @Redskins 40m40 minutes ago

Physical. Mean. Talented. Take a look at @bscherff68's first #Redskins offseason. PHOTOS | http://redsk.in/1SzpBrX 

CKcQ7jYVAAAGcY-.jpg

Washington Redskins @redskinsbuzztap 6m6 minutes ago

http://redskins.com  >> 2015 Player Photoshoot: Trent Williams http://buzztap.com/-dbKkFn 

Me and @JamalLiggin been in the lab cookin up!! Can't wait to show the work we been putting in!

Around The NFL @AroundTheNFL 48s49 seconds ago

Former Redskins tight end Chris Cooley is eyeing a comeback http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000502928/article/is-chris-cooley-eyeing-a-comeback?campaign=Twitter_atn 

CKdZAhpUwAAZhcq.png

Vinny Cerrato, Joe Gibbs, Mike Shanahan, Bruce Allen -- none were known to be even mediocre at being a GM when they came here. Either they have never done it before or fired by previous employers for being mediocre to bad at it. In defense of Bruce he was really touted as a money guy not a personnel guy.

It's like running a restaurant and trying chefs who have never cooked before and can't even do it full time because they have other jobs and or grabbing the chef down the street who was canned and out of work.

Scot McCloughan IMO is a radical departure for Danny. Yeah he can fail. But at least they have hired a guy in demand who is known to be among the best at what they do. Its equally stunning to me that for a smart businessman, it never dawned on Danny on doing this sooner.

It isn't just about a GM, it's about tempering excitement after countless off seasons of supposedly helpful moves. New coaches, players, front office shakeups, etc. have provided nothing in two decades. Heck, even the RGIII starting job and 5th year extension have me questioning how much control Scot actually has. Hopefully, he's allowed to do his thing.

BTW, as an accounting/finance major in school I must have wrote at least 2-3 papers on Snyder's business/finances. Smart businessman is a term that was never used.

...but IMO Callahan and Fewell might just end up being the big FA acquisitions this season that have an effect right away.

Yep, I'm hoping these two are impact "players."  These two units have, in addition to lack of talent, seemed lost and confused much of the time in recent years.  Hopefully Callahan and Fewell will turn out to be huge steals for the Redskins.

I'm watching the 1984 Monday Night Football Telecast of the Atlanta Falcons vs the Washington Redskins. I have to laugh at our current fans that get mad when our fans boo the team and act all holier than thou saying we shouldn't boo the current team.

I'm in the middle of the 3rd quarter and the Redskins have blown a 14-0 lead and it's 14-14. Theismann is having a terrible game and Gerald Riggs is running all over our 2nd ranked run defense. This is the same team that is coming off back to back SUPER BOWLS.

And our so called great fans are BOOING the hell out of the team. Yes, that's right, our 1980s super fans are BOOING the hell out of the Redskins for their performance.

It isn't just about a GM, it's about tempering excitement after countless off seasons of supposedly helpful moves. New coaches, players, front office shakeups, etc. have provided nothing in two decades. Heck, even the RGIII starting job and 5th year extension have me questioning how much control Scot actually has. Hopefully, he's allowed to do his thing.

BTW, as an accounting/finance major in school I must have wrote at least 2-3 papers on Snyder's business/finances. Smart businessman is a term that was never used.

Sure, I have followed some of Snyder's foibles, Six Flags, etc -- I had some sarcasm in that point but not all sarcasm because as a person he doesn't strike me a dummy and for him to try supposedly "everything" to make the team a winner except the most obvious way to win which is hire an expert GM -- IMO isn't likely about him not understanding something so 101 and fundamental but more likely its what Sally Jenkins accuses him of being and that is:  he is more interested in using the team as a toy where he can have fun his way versus winning.  i.e. I recall it coming out that Danny said he dropped Marty partly because he wasn't having fun with Marty in control.  If I recall it was Vinny ironically who spilled the beans on Dan saying that, could be wrong.

Hopefully, Dan has hit bottom.  And instead of the top criteria of being a GM here is being a guy Dan can pal around with and is adept at office politics -- he actually got a guy who is known to be really really good at picking the groceries for once.  And that for the moment IMO its a radical departure for him.

But yeah I definitely get the tempering expectation bit.    Just saying if Dan lets Scot do his thing -- this arguably is the first time he is going with a proven winning formula versus previously trying proven losing formulas elsewhere but oddly expecting success with them here.   In theory at least, this time it should be different. 

@johnnylocal @MonumentalNtwrk He didn't but that is besides the point. Joe Barry has a lot to work with.

@Russellmania980 @MonumentalNtwrk in New Orl, St. Louis and Pittsburgh? Career says HE was not a lot to work with... http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/HaslJi0.htm 

Trent did pretty well in this regard last time I checked.

and, as far as I can tell, he is one of those high character, high motor guys we/Scot needs...I see him as those types of athletes that get better as the game goes on (see Riggo) and possibly as the season progresses...makes his name in late season playoff pushes and the play offs themselves... of course this all Burgundy Speculation and Gold Conjecture :) ...  but hells yeah..HTTR!!

Most valuable acquisition in the offseason that will have the most impact for the #Redskins? #NoFairWeather #HTTR

@SkinzDisciples Pot Roast. Followed closely by Culliver

@RunPassScore @SkinzDisciples Easy, Callahan.

Even the ATN Section in here has been dead.  Hardly any opposing fans either.

I hear ya... and can empathize..but I'm getting more and more excited every day...like years past? naw.. but maybe thats because there is a different vibe to this team...and because of that a different excitement?... a confident/cautious excitement?.. I bet by Aug 12th you'll start gettin' into the swing of things...

I would love if we gave Cooley another shot. I could see him having 3 or 4 more good seasons

Of course you would LOL. 

Dude is washed. 

Yeah there is also a money problem that's easy to gloss over when talking about this conceptually.  Cooley even at Vet minimum would get significantly more then a later round draft pick or undrafted FA at the same position.  You generally don't pay that rate for a third teamer.  You also have the playing time issue.   A third team TE would also be a key special teams player (primarily the limits of their job in most cases) which just don't fit the mold I see in Cooley.

He's getting older (while still just young enough to play) and is missing the game which makes bringing it up more buzz worthy then reality.

I would love if we gave Cooley another shot. I could see him having 3 or 4 more good seasons

I agree CooleyFan...that would be awesome....hell, he'd be automatically our best blocking t.e....he's got to be as fast as Paulson...w/ better hands...great Redskin...great team mate/leader... I didn't realize he's only 33...and hasn't had the wear and tear on his body for how many years?

PJ, part of me agrees with you, but part of me is savoring the fact that for the first time in a long time, the Redskins legitimately HAD an offseason.  Their focus was on quietly improving the roster and not jamming marketing schemes down our throat about how all our our big name, shiny new acquisitions will turn this team into a Super bowl winner in just one season.  Realistic expectations, players settling into workout routines to prepare for the season, minimal off season drama of players getting in trouble, no Subway ad overload. Our mindset as an organization seems to have shifted.  From now on, if the team has headlines or is in the news, its for what they do on the field.  Since they haven't gotten to the field yet, there really shouldn't be much going on.  I can't wait for training camp and preseason to come around, and for our players to be getting press and exposure for being football players, rather than just off season celebrities.  As much as I enjoy leaked playbook photos and eastern Motors ads, I would trade that in a heartbeat for guys who make a name for themselves by outplaying the competition and lighting up their opponents on gameday because they used every second of the off season to do their boring, day to day preparation and grunt work.

haha

I so don't believe this. Whether you call them big name or not, there will be a bunch of stories

Dashon Goldson

Ricky Jean-Francois

Terrance Knighton

Chris Culliver

Jeron Johnson

Who from that group will bust, cause history says that we'll look back at one (or more) of those contracts and say why'd we do that. And while they may not hurt as much money-wise, if these guys don't perform our defense will still suffer and then when the team's not winning games there will be a bunch of the blame game going on.

We already have had the formation of the Pot Roast fan club, calling him the biggest man they've ever seen and stuff. My money is on Culliver not living up to the hype and being replaced by either Hall or Amerson midway through the year. And Johnson's still got to win his spot, but I don't think anybody expects the most from him.

And what I'm willing to bet is that RG3 will have more games this year like the Houston, Minnesota or Giants games than like the Tampa game. But his mistakes will be extremely highlighted especially because much of the media has turned on him so stuff like him not making the "correct read" will get play, even if we get the first down or win the game.

And people will be split on Morris with half thinking we need to get younger and calling for Jones and the other half will still be in love with Morris. Then Jones will make a bad play or have a bad game and people will go into that "that's why he was supposed to be a 5th rounder". I can honestly see the Morris/Matt Jones situation working out similarly to how we did Orakpo and Murphy last year, drafting Murphy, and keeping Orakpo, letting Orakpo go when Murphy played in his spot as a rookie, then everyone questions Murphy and whether he belongs in the league.

**Side note, I don't understand how Ian Desmond gets the benefit of the doubt in this town for this being a contract year and that's why he's having a bad year, but Orakpo didn't. Dude had 3 of his first 4 years as a pro bowler and had a bad contract year and people were ready for him to go. I wish we could have signed him back**

Archived