Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

6 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

I'm not in the least saying what happened to him was right. In fact, it was an injustice to him to be treated that way by law enforcement who should have been there to make sure ALL parties are protected.

My point was that it is that whole these incidents are plastered all over the news, you rarely see those incidents where the roles are reversed.

Sorry, maybe you think it's unfair, but I happen to think that the people who are authorized by The State (meaning "government," at any level) to do violence on behalf of The State to the people that live here should be held to a higher standards than the people that they're given power over. You may disagree, but that's where I'm coming from. So yes, I think it should be much bigger news when agents of The State do unethical and often unaccountable violence against those who don't have that power (especially when they get away with it with much less punishment than a normal citizen would get), than when a citizen harms a State agent because that person is WAY more likely to be held accountable to the law.

Point in check, I worked in a jurisdiction where two white officers were shot to death by a black man.  Want to know what the national coverage of that was? I'll wait.

See above about why I think State actors doing violence should be more notorious and held to a higher standard.

Personally,  I don't give a rat's ass what your skin color is if you take a life.

...just as long as you're wearing the right uniform, right? Because every cop needs to fear for his life on every encounter so they need to be on edge and ready to kill at a moment's notice at all times, and don't you dare question it. But anybody who fears the cops despite all that is just overreacting.

I hate seeing a black man killed by officers (regardless of race) but ain't going to pretend it doesn't happen on both sides. Cause it does. You just don't see it in the news the way these incidents are publicized. 

Again, you may disagree, but to me this sounds a whole lot like "Why is it always more newsworthy when one of OUR soldiers commits a horrific war crime, but when some terrorist shoots a member of our military it's hardly mentioned!" Because the standards of one should be ****ing higher. That may not be fair, but much like the military, being a cop is a choice someone makes. Nobody is conscripted into the police force against their will, so if you can't handle being held to a higher standard then change jobs. Learn to code, become a plumber/electrician, deliver for Amazon, whatever. There are literally tens of thousands of jobs that aren't police.

The people that are allowed to kill for The State should always be under a spotlight to prevent as much corruption as possible. Sorry you feel otherwise, but since the police have been slowly turning into the military for my entire life, I think their actions are more consequential than mine so they should be held to a higher standard than me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

My point was that it is that whole these incidents are plastered all over the news, you rarely see those incidents where the roles are reversed.

The **** are you even talking about?  There is a whole god damn TV chanel dedicated to shows like this.  It's called the ID Network.  I have a ****load of shows DVR'd on it where things go bad for cops.  There is one show called Body Cam that I watch weekly that is all about cops being in dangerous situations.

I also DVR OP Live every week and watch that and know a bunch of bad things can and do happen to cops.  But during the 6 hours of live footage of policing I watch every week, there is just as many people complying and obeying and big nothing burgers.  And when those happen, usually they cut to another department with some more interesting stuff going on.

**** outta here...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

Unless you've been there,  don't rush to make calls on **** you have no clue about.

As far as working along side of black officers I trust, I'm still friends with to this day. But hey, talk **** about it if you like to justify your position. I certainly wasn't using it as a justification,  but more as a point to say that some of us are on the right side of things.

My point is not to lump us all in the same boat just cause a few are a bunch of racist ****ed up asshats. Again, I hate what happened to this man and others who have been abused by the system. I never want to see a life taken. Ever.

But think what you wish.

HTTR!

I mainly take issue with you “both sides” comment. No one accused you of being racist or being a bad cop, but you show a certain lack of empathy when you equate cops murdering someone to protesters burning down buildings in powerless frustration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

You remember two white guys being **** buy a black guy. Do you remember ever seeing a cop do anything morally or ethically ****ed up? Ever reported a guy? 

Notice you avoided that. 

Actually yes, and he served a year in federal prison. But hey, continue your agenda.

I'm not going to continue this argument.  I stated I hate what happened to this man. It wasn't right and was not properly handled. And a life was taken. At the end of the day, that's what matters.

HTTR!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

Actually yes, and he served a year in federal prison. But hey, continue your agenda.

What’s my agenda? 

I got ****ing time for you tonight officer lol 

7 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

I'm not going to continue this argument.  I stated I hate what happened to this man. It wasn't right and was not properly handled. And a life was taken. At the end of the day, that's what matters.

HTTR!

You seem more concerned with covering for your brothers than anything, honestly. I feel like you keep bringing up a life was taken as to cover for your other stupid takes on the matter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

These videos seem to always be the same - someone running from the cops or resisting and getting beaten to a pulp.  This is exactly what happened in this case.  They had his car and could have apprehended him later, didn't need to run after him in the first place.  I saw the pole-mounted video, they are holding him up and beating him.  Once you have 5 cops there just handcuff him and throw him in the back of a cop car, you don't need to beat the **** out of him.  Disgusting.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Yanno, early morning coffee rant welling up here.......

I have been resisting talking on this subject, not because I do not have opinions but rather because I am listening to other voices. There are enough old white guys grabbin the mike to tell everyone what's what.

But I will say this, with everything I've seen in recent years especially, I was very hesitant to watch the videos on this one. I heard, I knew what was coming and what the result was and dammit, I just didn't need more of that in my mind. 

But I did anyway because I had to, I'm obliged to bear witness, I deserve to be that level of uncomfortable and ashamed at what our systems do to people. I have heard all the back and forth on privilege, still don't know but I sure as hell feel. Take it, I don't want it, change this ****.

Take that any way you want to.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The more I think about it the more it becomes clear that an ex cop felt it was a good idea to run in here and remind us they are the good guys and how much we need them….minutes after the whole ****ing planet sees a bunch of cops tell a man to beg for his life while literally beating him to death…tells you all you need to know about the problem. 

It’s institutional. No better example. And that was one of the “good” ones. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb down 2

10 hours ago, skinsfan4128 said:

HTTR!

I'm not sure why you are being attacked, must be raw nerves over this latest disgusting example of abuse by the police. In all honesty that was the worst video of this kind I have ever seen and I remain absolutely disgusted.

But not all of us hate the police, many of us recognize there are a lot of good officers out there and appreciate what they do. And these thugs in Memphis makes it so much harder for the good cops who do care. And just because other jobs such as construction have higher death rates that hardly means this job is not dangerous.  A worker does not fear for his life when he breaks out his tools, but an officer most certanly thinks this way with every interaction with the public. 

When someone is holding a knife to their wife's throats who are those posters who are attacking you going to call for help?  

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm not sure why you are being attacked, must be raw nerves over this latest disgusting example of abuse by the police. In all honesty that was the worst video of this kind I have ever seen and I remain absolutely disgusted.

But not all of us hate the police, many of us recognize there are a lot of good officers out there and appreciate what they do. And these thugs in Memphis makes it so much harder for the good cops who do care. And just because other jobs such as construction have higher death rates that hardly means this job is not dangerous.  A worker does not fear for his life when he breaks out his tools, but an officer most certanly thinks this way with every interaction with the public. 

When someone is holding a knife to their wife's throats who are those posters who are attacking you going to call for help?  

Using the defense that there are good cops every time another video comes out showing bad cops doing bad things and other cops covering for them is just a deflection.

There are obvious structural issues with the way that policing is done and placating yourself with the idea that most cops are good won’t help solve those issues.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Thanks 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Yanno, early morning coffee rant welling up here.......

I have been resisting talking on this subject, not because I do not have opinions but rather because I am listening to other voices. There are enough old white guys grabbin the mike to tell everyone what's what.

But I will say this, with everything I've seen in recent years especially, I was very hesitant to watch the videos on this one. I heard, I knew what was coming and what the result was and dammit, I just didn't need more of that in my mind. 

But I did anyway because I had to, I'm obliged to bear witness, I deserve to be that level of uncomfortable and ashamed at what our systems do to people. I have heard all the back and forth on privilege, still don't know but I sure as hell feel. Take it, I don't want it, change this ****.

Take that any way you want to.

I didn't watch the video because I didn't want to see five people who are supposed to protect and serve beat a man to death. I hope that they are prosecuted, convicted, and sentenced to very long prison terms. I didn't watch all of the Floyd choking death either. These cops probably thought that they'd get away with beating someone to death. That mindset had to come from somewhere and someone because there were five of them. That's what needs to be investigated and radicated from police departments everywhere. This assumed power of cop, judge, and jury reminds me of Judge Dredd movies. I don't want to see our police thinking that they are Judge Dredd.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I thought this about Chauvin, do these 5 actually feel as if they did anything wrong?  Wondering just what is going on in their heads today.  I totally agree that cops behave this way because they have always been protected, but do they recognize how horrible this was?  People that would do something like this me thinks are incapable of such a thought.  Wonder how their families feel.

10 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I thought this about Chauvin, do these 5 actually feel as if they did anything wrong?  Wondering just what is going on in their heads today.  I totally agree that cops behave this way because they have always been protected, but do they recognize how horrible this was?  People that would do something like this me thinks are incapable of such a thought.  Wonder how their families feel.

Well, I doubt they meant to kill him. They just did what they routinely did to someone who “needed to be taught a lesson about compliance” and this time the hits were just a little harder, a little bit in the wrong place, maybe there was a  preexisting condition that made the victim more susceptible to their abuse, so he died.

it’s likely that if Tyre Nichols doesn’t die, these police are still on the force going about their business. But he did die. 

I imagine they think if he had of just complied they wouldn’t have had to use force. I imagine they think he must have been on drugs and that’s what killed him, they were just unlucky. I doubt they feel like they should take the majority of responsibility for what happened.

but it’s hard to say.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, max21 said:

How ****ing dumb do you have to be as a police officer to beat someone to death in 2022? Power tripping losers, every single one. Everything is just ****ed 

Probably been beating the **** out of people for years. Hard to stop. 

• Sad 1