Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

5 hours ago, Llevron said:

I don’t like seeing police error on the side of killing people and that’s basically what’s happening here. 

I agree with this entirely.  We need to rewrite the rule book on police response.  Not only do they err on the side of shooting people just to be safe, but they're wildly aggressive and always in a hurry.  That stance is what ended with Tamir Rice (and that homeless guy Visionary just posted) killed.  Zero effort to defuse, to calm things down, and end things peacefully on any terms but immediately and aggressively as possible. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, Llevron said:

Im not really trying to say the officer did anything wrong btw. It’s a shame that it ended the way it did, and I think we can do things differently so that they don’t have to. I’m certainly not calling for dude to lose his job or anything. I just think this is a good example of stuff we can try and mitigate. Dude should be in jail and contemplating how he can fix his life not in a casket. I don’t like seeing police error on the side of killing people and that’s basically what’s happening here. 

Police err on the side of protecting themselves, fellow officers and the public.  Or at least thats their claim.

If he had simple ran, probably he is in jail.  When he violently resisted arrest and stole the taser, its now a tough call for the police.  What would be his next move?  Allow him to tase someone (possibly the cops themselves), rendering them incapacitated and now he can do whatever he want ?

8 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Police err on the side of protecting themselves, fellow officers and the public.  Or at least thats their claim.

But seriously. I understand your point. He resisted arrest and took the guys taser. I do understand they saw him as a threat. But realistically speaking a man running for his life, drunk, isn’t going to taze two officers and then murder them. If that’s what you are saying could be the possible outcome had he lived......wut? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

But seriously. I understand your point. He resisted arrest and took the guys taser. I do understand they saw him as a threat. But realistically speaking a man running for his life, drunk, isn’t going to taze two officers and then murder them. If that’s what you are saying could be the possible outcome had he lived......wut? 

Yeah, is he going to go on a tazing spree and attack random people in the middle of the night, when he wasn’t at all violent until the cops tried to arrest him?  

• Thanks 2

He definitely was not a threat to the officers' lives or anyone else's.  It was a horrible reaction by the cop - who I am guessing wasn't really processing the whole situation.  He saw Brooks running away pointing the taser at him and instinctively reacted the wrong way.  Reminds me of the Walter Scott shooting where Michael Slager shot him in the back while he was running away.  All the more evidence that police across the nation need intensive and thorough training on how to handle these situations.  Shooting should always be the last resort unless the suspect is an imminent threat to others.

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2020 at 8:55 PM, bearrock said:

We can sit here an pick apart the best ways to handle the situation in the comfort of sitting in front of a screen.  And I tend to agree that it would have been best to not use deadly force in this scenario.  I also understand that being uncooperative with the police is not the same for people of different races.  But this situation has a lot of gray and is certainly not the poster child for those advocating against police brutality.  

There's some truth to this. However, I don't think it's as cut and dried as either side would like to portray it. I understand the reasoning about using deadly force when an officer's taser gets taken away and it mostly makes sense. The grey area for me in this case involves the fact that the officer had another officer there and he had full view of the guy he was chasing and full knowledge of the effective range of the taser. So in the end, I could maybe see him being fired, but I don't think he deserves to be charged with anything. My mind could be changed on this though.

That said, the officer clearly wasn't taking into account everything that's happened over the past few weeks and the level of police violence people have seen.  So, he really shouldn't be surprised at the reaction from the department and the public unless he's just not very bright. Lucky for him, nothing is likely to come of this. The union will protect him and he'll be re-hired, probably after he's already working another gig in the next town over.

On 6/14/2020 at 9:16 PM, China said:

Want to know why it’s so hard for #cops to be ‘good apples’...

It was 2007 and I was assisting a call with an officer I’d never met before. He was from another team working overtime. Right in front of me he broke a kids nose with a punch. The septum was clearly deviated and blood was everywhere. The kid was handcuffed and the officer enquired of me “what should ‘we’ arrest him for?”

“What did he do?” I enquired. “He called me a name.” he said. After 20 mins of him trying to persuade me we should fabricate a crime he had to let the kid go...

When I got back to work I was move from my team, and away from my friends, to this officers team. Officers just point blank refused to talk to me and I went to many calls by myself, without backup. 

Click on the link for the full story

I was going to post a story I saw about the firing of Cariole Horne, but this is much more telling than a single incident. What the research seems to show is that so-called "bad apples" infect others around them.

Bad Chicago Cops Spread Their Misconduct Like a Disease

...Many of the most egregious examples of police misconduct arise from tightly knit groups of officers like these. That’s no accident. Recently released data from the Chicago police department shows that misconduct spreads from officer to officer like an infectious disease. And the same behavior that leads cops to violate the rules often predicts whether they will participate in a shooting.

In 2009, the Invisible Institute sued the city of Chicago to reveal in-depth information on the complaint histories of selected Chicago police officers. After a drawn-out legal battle, the Invisible Institute prevailed and acquired the complaint histories of all officers since 1988. They then processed, standardized, and augmented that data with information on police shootings, uses of force, and a complete duty roster of all officers. In total, the data covers more than 30,000 officers and almost 23,000 complaints between 2000 and 2018.

Because complaints can list multiple officers at once, it’s possible to determine that more than one cop was present at the scene at the same time. Complaints listing multiple officers link those cops together, and by assembling thousands of officers across tens of thousands of complaints, it’s possible to build a giant social network of police interactions.

video-final-1000-1534430872.gif

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 2

On a lighter note, I just had a great experience with a cop just now.

My wife's car broke down like 12-15 minutes from our house so I drove there to see what was up.  She's also pregnant.

After I got there we called a tow truck and were told it would be about 45 minutes.  Since it was a long wait I decided to go get some water for us.  My wife was going to call an uber to get home since her friend had just gotten to our house to hang out and was watching our son.  I told her go ahead.

I quickly realized after I left to get water (knew I'd be back before uber would come) that I didn't have my wallet so I turned back.  When I got there, 2 cops pulled up like a minute later.  They just asked us what was going on if we needed a tow truck and we told them no we have one but it's going to be 45 minutes.  The one officer left and the lady cop put out 3 flares for us.

She also asked me if I was in law enforcement because of how I popped the back of my car out a little bit to give her car more room, and that I had the look of law enforcement, but I told her nope I just watched a lot of cop shows and loved Live PD.

I then asked her if police are allowed to drive pregnant women home since my wife REALLY had to go to the bathroom and hadn't yet booked the uber, and she asked how far it was then she said let her just call it in to be sure.  She then came back and put it in her GPS and said it was no problem and she drove my wife home while I waited another 30 or so minutes for the tow truck.

So that is my most recent experience with cops.  Definitely was a positive one.

• Like 9

On 5/31/2020 at 1:37 AM, Llevron said:

They are full of **** that’s why. Lost my love when they forgot about Trumps taxes 

I think this group is different from the previous group. I recall reading some of them made deals to get out of jail and snitched on the rest.  

I just want my McDonald’s in peace I don’t know what’s gotten into people Johnson sprinkle some crack on the black guy and let’s get outta here. 

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

I would go bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit over the Mcmuffin. All day!

the McGriddle is the move homie (also note that my phone made sure it was capitalized and spelled correctly but when I said error on the side of it took the entire ****ing board to correct my dumb ass) 

Edited by Llevron
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Rossford officer resigns after woman says he used police database to ID her

A Rossford police officer resigned Tuesday, a day after a woman said he followed her and used a police database to identify her and then message her on social media.

State investigators have been called in to determine if Glenn Goss, Jr., the son of Rossford’s former police chief, misused the police database to identify the woman. He submitted his resignation prior to city officials completing an administrative review.

Emily Hackler, 21, said she was on her way home from the gym on Monday when she noticed a black truck following her from Crossroads Parkway as she took a right onto State Rt. 795.  On Lime City Road the truck sped up to catch up to her, she said, though it eventually turned down a side street.

A few hours later, she received a message on Facebook from Glenn Goss, Jr., a man she didn’t know, saying, “Had fun racing you on Crossroads and 795 earlier.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Confused 1

I hope the details have changed or something, otherwise I don’t know... I’m gonna have a hard time charging a cop with murder when the guy attacked the cops, stole a taser, and tried to use it on the cops...

(unless the department has a policy of not chasing people in those circumstances, then you’re not even following policy)

40 minutes ago, tshile said:

I hope the details have changed or something, otherwise I don’t know... I’m gonna have a hard time charging a cop with murder when the guy attacked the cops, stole a taser, and tried to use it on the cops...

(unless the department has a policy of not chasing people in those circumstances, then you’re not even following policy)

I dunno. Sure maybe the police can justify it but it won’t be up to them in court. On one had I can see your point. 

On the other I can see myself in his position, terrified I might die, thinking of my kid, drunk and just a few minutes run from home. Trying desperately to get away from the same men who less than an hour later we’re standing in my body as I bleed out. When on of them kicks me. 

and with what’s going on right now it’s obvious there may be people in the jury who sympathize with that. 

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I dunno. Sure maybe the police can justify it but it won’t be up to them in court. On one had I can see your point. 

On the other I can see myself in his position, terrified I might die, thinking of my kid, drunk and just a few minutes run from home. Trying desperately to get away from the same men who less than an hour later we’re standing in my body as I bleed out. When on of them kicks me. 

and with what’s going on right now it’s obvious there may be people in the jury who sympathize with that. 

I’m honestly not trying to attack your opinion.  Cause I have been wrong enough about this stuff I’m not gonna go that route. Just explaining mine

i don’t know that I’ll ever get to a point where a guy can physically attack police, steal a weapon, try to use it against them, and get upset when he gets shot for it. 

im having a hard time keeping up with everything at the moment, so maybe I’m just working on old info. I don’t know which tweets are real and which ones aren’t. 

I also struggle with something like this because I think what department policy and training is, is important. I don’t like the idea of holding individual cops responsible when they followed policy and training. On the other hand I’m in favor of coming down harder when they don’t follow policy or training and someone winds up dead or hurt. 

Ugh

Just now, tshile said:

Ugh

We dont really disagree honestly. I dont think its smart to ever run from the police. I have had officers tell me what the running tax is. I would like not to pay it. I damn sure wouldnt fight the police and you wouldn't catch me drunk driving in my wisdom either. 

Im just saying I can see this winning in court in today's climate. If you sell it right. I was trying to paint the picture I would sell if I was trying to put him away. 

Only real difference you and I have here is I am sorry to see the guy get shot in the back when running. Cause I really can get why he would be scared of the police. I dont expect you to get it, so im not gonna fight you over it. We are about 90% in the same place imo. That other 10% is anecdotal and not worth the trouble. 

• Like 1