Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Not surprised. 

dude pointed a taser and tried to use it and got shot, and they came back with murder charges. 

also it’ll take like 18 months to hire a new force so good luck with that. 

Yeah, let's just ignore the other facts that came out surrounding this subject. 

• Like 1

They just showed a tweet from the Atlanta pd saying they haven’t resigned or anything just higher call outs that usual

Just now, spjunkies said:

Just look a few posts up it's nit too hard to locate.

Which one of those deserves murder charges ?

If he’s innocent than he can defend himself in court with the facts. I don’t see them all quitting as anything other than a childish tantrum. It happens to put peoples lives in danger but that’s what the police do anyway. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

If he’s innocent than he can defend himself in court with the facts

There’s zero chance he’s found guilty. 

and that’ll make the other side angry. 

this is over charging and it’s going to make a bad situation worse. 

edit: also, that’s literally what they say when there are complaints that they over charge minorities. So. Probably a bad argument on both sides. 

Edited by tshile

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

If he’s innocent than he can defend himself in court with the facts. I don’t see them all quitting as anything other than a childish tantrum. It happens to put peoples lives in danger but that’s what the police do anyway. 

Definitely. Taking a bad situation and making it worse.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

There’s zero chance he’s found guilty. 

Yea, which is my point. It’s a clear overcharge and when he’s found innocent and walks people will get pissed and the cops will be able to delude themselves with visions of grandeur again. So in that case what exactly does this petty “watch the city burn” thing even do? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tshile said:

i don’t know that I’ll ever get to a point where a guy can physically attack police, steal a weapon, try to use it against them, and get upset when he gets shot for it.

Interesting reading might be the self-described "**** cop".

https://medium.com/@OfcrACab/confessions-of-a-former-****-cop-bb14d17bc759

"Police officers will use intentionally extra-painful maneuvers and holds during an arrest to provoke “resistance” so they can further assault the suspect."

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yea, which is my point. It’s a clear overcharge and when he’s found innocent and walks people will get pissed and the cops will be able to delude themselves with visions of grandeur again. So in that case what exactly does this petty “watch the city burn” thing even do? 

Goes back to what people with unchecked authority do when that authority is challenged.

Did the mayor say something about the city without police? Any other people in a legislative position? Perhaps just some people on the internet maybe (not that it would excuse this behavior if someone did)? Cool, let's punish everyone 

Same old cycle of viciousness that's been going on for far too long

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The new light being shed on the cops actions during and post shooting certainly changes my opinion on the cop themselves. 

I still don't think the murder charge makes sense, though, from a legal standpoint 

charges will be dropped before it goes to court.... charged so people don’t burn the city down...

That said, the one guy has a track record of questionable decision making...

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

charges will be dropped before it goes to court.... charged so people don’t burn the city down...

Nah. I’d don’t think so, considering how fast these guys were fired and the case presented so far.  But if the charges are dropped.... it’s going to be bad.

6 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The new light being shed on the cops actions during and post shooting certainly changes my opinion on the cop themselves. 

I still don't think the murder charge makes sense, though, from a legal standpoint 

Agreed.  Leave it to cops to turn a horrible situation worse by demonstrating their lack of human decency (on camera, no less).

6 hours ago, tshile said:

this is over charging and it’s going to make a bad situation worse.

I think you're right, but at least we're seeing standard DA behavior on this one.  Quick arrest and wild over charge to try to force a plea.  That's how they treat everyone else.  This DA didn't magically become a defense attorney and present the grand jury with exculpatory evidence while seeking the weakest charge possible like we've seen in other cases.

6 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

"Police officers will use intentionally extra-painful maneuvers and holds during an arrest to provoke “resistance” so they can further assault the suspect."

I'm fairly sure I've been saying that in this thread over the years.  It's obvious to anyone with eyes and a willingness to believe what they're telling you.  They hurt you, and then when you react in entirely predictable and normal human way "STOP RESISTING" they cry out as they beat people some more.  It's not some great mystery that if you hurt a person enough they'll try to turn or pull away from the pain, curl up into a ball, or attempt to escape. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, tshile said:

Not surprised. 

dude pointed a taser and tried to use it and got shot, and they came back with murder charges. 

also it’ll take like 18 months to hire a new force so good luck with that. 

For me, the ONLY time it's justified for the police to shoot someone in the back is if that person is suspected of being--or known to be--a danger to the community...for example, someone who has already killed several people over the last few weeks and the cops find the suspect in a parking lot. If that person struggles with the police, steals a taser, tries using it on them and then starts running, you already know they HAVE and WILL kill others, so while their back may be to the police they are facing towards the rest of the community, and the community needs to be protected.

But a guy whose biggest crime is falling asleep drunk in his car...sorry, no. Just go chase after him. If he gets away, try and find him ans bring him in later. There was no valid danger of him going on some lethal tasing spree or anything if he wasn't stopped. He wasn't in a car, speeding away while drunk driving and needed to stop him before he caused a fatal accident. He was on foot...he was running, and he was drunk. I haven't read how he "attacked" the officers, so I don't know how accurate a description that is. I did read that he resisted arrest, struggling with the officers when they tried to arrest him, From what I can tell, the cop didn't shoot him because he "attacked" them or felt the taser was a danger to their lives or because he started to run. He shot him because, for a split second, he thought the taser was a gun.

**Slightly interesting side note: several years ago I was at the Giant food store on Georgia (I think) in DC...as I'm leaving I see several customers standing near the entrance/exit. When I reach the doors, I see a large black man struggling to get free from a cop who's now on the ground (also black). It's a ****ing surreal scene and I'm trying to figure out exactly what I'm seeing. The cop is grabbing on to the guy's legs and arms and the guy is pulling his legs free and pushing towards the cop on the ground. The cop yells out "SMITH! CUFF HIM!! CUFF HIM!!" (don't remember the actual name he yelled out). I assume that's his partner, but there is no other cop around from what I could see and no cop came over to help. After like a minute of this I start wondering if I should do anything to help, realizing there's probably nothing I could realistically do. The guy finally frees himself and runs out the door by a customer just starting to come into the store. We all kind of look at each other as the cop gets up quickly and leaves the store.

To this day I have no ****ing clue what that was about lol...But I didn't look at it as him attacking the cop, I looked at is as him frantically trying to get away. But I wouldn't be surprised if it were described by the cop in his report as him being attacked. Since it's damn near impossible to resist arrest without using physical force--nobody points off in the distance and says "What's that?" and then starts running away when the cops all turn their heads to look lol--it wouldn't be hard to classify it as a violent attack, especially when you end up killing the guy. As a cop you have to justify your actions.

5 hours ago, Destino said:

Agreed.  Leave it to cops to turn a horrible situation worse by demonstrating their lack of human decency (on camera, no less).

I think you're right, but at least we're seeing standard DA behavior on this one.  Quick arrest and wild over charge to try to force a plea.  That's how they treat everyone else.  This DA didn't magically become a defense attorney and present the grand jury with exculpatory evidence while seeking the weakest charge possible like we've seen in other cases.

Right, instead they just took a page out of the Baltimore playbook with Gray and overcharged so they'll wind up not getting a single cop on anything.

it'll all fall apart in short order once things get under way, there will be no justice, people will be very angry.

It's just a different side of the same coin, except instead of trying to protect the police they're trying to placate protestors. End result is the same.

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I haven't read how he "attacked" the officers, so I don't know how accurate a description that is

.... just... watch.... the.... video....

the cop that shot him was diagnosed with a concussion i believe.