Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

13 hours ago, just654 said:

For the Phoenix officer shooting above. They released body cam footage. Have to watch to the end of the video officer retrieves a gun from the suspects lap. Way to early in the investigation but he was not unarmed. 

https://ktar.com/story/3369059/phoenix-police-release-body-camera-footage-in-officer-involved-shooting/

I'll wait for the full footage.  The female cop in the release states that police "ordered the man to lower his gun but he refused" can you show me where that happened in the cell phone video.  I hear them say drop the gun, but I hear them say it after they killed him.

The release also claims the man was suicidal, asking police to shoot him, and holding a gun.  Watch the cell phone video and tell me how that matches up with anything the police are saying before the shooting?  Why would they try to break the windows of the car on the opposite side (out of reach) and gain entry if the man was armed and suicidal? 

If it turns out that what they say is true, I'll believe it only when I see it. 

• Like 2

LAPD investigates ‘blue flu’ claims after officers call in sick over July 4 holiday

An unsigned letter circulated among the Los Angeles Police Department rank and file last week, encouraging officers to call in sick to protect their own interests.

It had been been a month of upheaval for police, with unprecedented protests over police killings of Black people and the Los Angeles City Council agreeing to cut the LAPD’s budget by $150 million amid calls for sweeping reforms.

“They succeeded in defunding the police; what do you think is next? Our pay? Our benefits? Our pensions? You’re God Damn right all those things are in jeopardy now,” read the letter, which was obtained by The Times. “We have to send the city a clear message that we are not expendable and we are not going to take this crap anymore.”

Now, LAPD commanders are investigating whether an unusual spike in officers calling in sick over the July 4 weekend was the result of an orchestrated protest or labor action, which would be illegal. Sources in the department told The Times up to 300 officers called in sick in what many in the department suspect was a “blue flu.”

Click on the link for the full article

On 7/6/2020 at 10:12 PM, just654 said:

For the Phoenix officer shooting above. They released body cam footage. Have to watch to the end of the video officer retrieves a gun from the suspects lap. Way to early in the investigation but he was not unarmed. 

https://ktar.com/story/3369059/phoenix-police-release-body-camera-footage-in-officer-involved-shooting/

How do you know that he was not unarmed when the edited video you linked begins after he's dead and we don't know how long it's been since he was shot. In the video of the shooting only one window is busted, in that video all the windows were busted. How long did that take? In a time where we have evidence of officers planting evidence caught on their own bodycams, why would you automatically believe this video? 

Also, there is talk that he wasn't even the suspect they were looking for. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Looks like a good place to start is by going to the group responsible for investigating cops, and firing all of them.  Every.  Last.  One.  Disband the unit.  Make a new one that outside the NYPD chain of command so that the political police a the top are denied access entirely.  No prior notice to the accused, immediate arrests and testing for drugs if applicable.  No union rep is ever invited to anything at all.  They can have their lawyer present, if they can get him down to the station.  No waiting.  No special rights of any kind when accused of a crime.  

This sounds radical, but really all this would do is treat cops like anyone else accused of a crime.  Which is the only way things should ever work. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Still can’t believe that cops are given access to names and addresses of their accusers.  SMH. 

Im still waiting for an explanation as to why anal probing, which is banned outright by the NYPD, is treated like a workplace complaint.  It’s rape.  A workplace complaint is being surly or unhelpful.  Perhaps being found asleep on the job, or engaging in personal business while on the job.  Sticking your hand, illegally, into someone else’s ass is not a workplace issue.  How is this not obvious?

Also, when is America going to accept that no group, of any kind, should ever be trusted to investigate itself?  You have to be a really naive human being to believe this is ever a good idea.  A moron, in other words.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Destino said:

Also, when is America going to accept that no group, of any kind, should ever be trusted to investigate itself?  You have to be a really naive human being to believe this is ever a good idea.  A moron, in other words.

B5HVz2QCMAAywJZ.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Destino said:

Im still waiting for an explanation as to why anal probing, which is banned outright by the NYPD, is treated like a workplace complaint.  It’s rape.  A workplace complaint is being surly or unhelpful.  Perhaps being found asleep on the job, or engaging in personal business while on the job.  Sticking your hand, illegally, into someone else’s ass is not a workplace issue.  How is this not obvious?

Yeah, I just don’t understand this at all.  One of the basic tenants of justice, IMO.  

Separate issue, but this is why the public should be going bananas over Trump’s firing of the IGs.  

8 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Everyone has a right to know their accuser. 6th amendment.

Of course.  I should have emphasized the address part as well as clarifying that this is for complaints, not just charges.  It was late and I thought the point was apparent enough.  Obviously some areas allow for anonymous complaints, and I believe the data looks better in these areas.  

Video shows Aurora officer pointing gun at doctor’s head; city now facing potential lawsuit

AURORA, Colo. (KDVR) – An Aurora doctor is preparing to file a federal lawsuit against the City of Aurora and its police department after an officer pointed a gun at the doctor while the doctor arrived at his property.

Aurora body camera footage captures the tense moments between Dr. P.J. Parmar and Officer Henderson with the Aurora Police Department. 

In the footage, Henderson says, “Let me see your ***ing hands. What are you doing?”   

Parmar responds, “You’re on my property, leave.”

The incident occurred just after 6 p.m. on March 1. Parmar owns the Mango House building and says he had just pulled in to drop off gear from a Boy Scout trip when he spotted a police car in his parking garage.

“I stopped immediately. I beeped at him to get his attention and I knew there was going to be something interesting, so I started filming him,” Parmar said.

Parmar says the officer approached his car and pointed a gun directly at his head.

“It’s a mix of being scared and it’s a mix of being annoyed and frustrated,” Parmar said.

In the video, Parmar tells the officer to get off his property while he continues to unload his gear. Eventually, police leave.

While APD says they cannot comment on an internal affairs investigation, in the video, Henderson explains his side of the story to another APD officer captured on body cam. 

“I was typing a report and he comes rolling in here like he’s about to assault me with his car,” the officer said.

FOX31: “You don’t feel you were overly aggressive in starting your interaction with the officer, the way you pulled in?”

Parmar: “The way I pulled in was absolutely the way I pulled in many times. I didn’t know he was there.”

Parmar’s attorney, David Lane of Killmer, Lane and Newman LLP, said this is a clear case of excessive force.

“The U.S. Supreme Court has said pointing a gun at someone is use of force and you have to be in reasonable fear that your life is in jeopardy to use that level of force. All Dr. Parmar did was honk his horn at this cop who is illegally parked in Parmar’s building parking lot,” Lane said.

Click on the link for the full article and video