Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some More Cops Who Need to Be Fired

Dan T.

3 hours ago, visionary said:

police acted pretty professionally there. They were called about someone pulling a gun on someone. The dude had a gun, was on drugs, and ran...he died solely as a result of his actions. Not sure what the police where supposed to do differently.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

On 6/10/2020 at 1:38 AM, abdcskins said:

I like watching Live PD 🤷‍♂️ I'm not how much it glorifies police work, that term is relative anyway to whichever person is watching the show. It simply shows police doing their jobs. Whether or not you consider that admirable depends on your opinion of police work. I recognize they have very difficult jobs and applaud the work they do.

Well, the show has gotten wrapped up in the cancel culture...

https://www.change.org/p/cops-bring-back-live-pd?cs_tk=AhpWBKCprXZSDXmY5V4AAXicyyvNyQEABF8BvDhWAw2nXzp_qvYe2J3Inbg%3D&utm_campaign=49a813374c6148ea83524e697e8f751b&utm_content=initial_v0_0_2&utm_medium=email&utm_source=promoted_petition_receipt&utm_term=cs

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

This isn't to defend anything...just an observation:

Cops have a nearly impossible job sometimes. If they use excessive force, they run the risk of hurting a citizen. If they aren't tough enough, they endanger themselves and other, innocent citizens. It sucks. 

They can deescalate. It works in other countries. The biggest problem with that here is the everyone had a gun thing. But then thats still discounting how much more it happens to black people than whites given the population difference. They have to fix that problem before we can give them the benefit of a doubt I think. 

I agree its hard. They made it harder for themselves though. And its time that changes. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

They can deescalate. It works in other countries. The biggest problem with that here is the everyone had a gun thing. But then thats still discounting how much more it happens to black people than whites given the population difference. They have to fix that problem before we can give them the benefit of a doubt I think. 

I agree its hard. They made it harder for themselves though. And its time that changes. 

Again I wasn't trying to even tread into "no one is doing anything wrong" but just untangling how to fix it is what made me think about it. 

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Again I wasn't trying to even tread into "no one is doing anything wrong" but just untangling how to fix it is what made me think about it. 

Please dont take me as trying to argue with you. I was just talking with you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Please dont take me as trying to argue with you. I was just talking with you. 

Got it. 

I think you're right that our police force almost has to assume at all times that someone they are apprehending might shoot them. That has to be so challenging! Part of the reform we need might be different ways to view an encounter rather than the current mindset. 

5 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Got it. 

I think you're right that our police force almost has to assume at all times that someone they are apprehending might shoot them. That has to be so challenging! Part of the reform we need might be different ways to view an encounter rather than the current mindset. 

The easy way out if gun reform. Take guns away from people with records or mental illness. Of course the irony here is that we really cant do that easily either. I do think it would help tremendously if people trusted the police officers more but that would take so much time too. Its a really rough situation not going to lie. And whats worse is that any change is risking lives and if one is lost because of them how many do you let slip before you have to revert back. Its going to get harder before it gets better for us. 

• Like 2

New Mexico: Motorist Sues After Police Conduct Prostate Exam For Failure To Signal

An innocent motorist may pursue his lawsuit against hospital personnel who, at the direction of police, conducted a "digital rectal examination" after he was pulled over for allegedly failing to signal a turn. The New Mexico Court of Appeals last week gave a partial green light to Timothy Young to go after the Gila Regional Medical Center (GRMC) doctor who conducted an invasive bodily search on behalf of the Hidalgo County Sheriff's Department.

Deputy Javier Peru stopped Young in Lordsburg on October 13, 2012, claiming the man's blue Dodge pickup truck failed to signal a turn. During the stop, the deputy asked for consent to search the truck. Young agreed, as he had nothing to hide. After a team of deputies searched for two-and-a-half hours, they came up empty.

Click on the link for the full article

Top Tulsa police officer: 'We're shooting African Americans about 24 percent less than we probably ought to be'

A top official with the Tulsa Police Department this week said that systemic racism in policing “just doesn’t exist” and suggested research shows police are shooting African Americans “24 percent less than we probably ought to be.”

Tulsa Police Department Maj. Travis Yates, who is white, spoke to podcast host Pat Campbell on Monday about the ongoing national protests against police brutality and racial injustice following the death of George Floyd, an unarmed black man who died after a white Minneapolis officer was seen kneeling on his neck.

Yates, in the podcast, knocked the protests that have erupted nationwide following Floyd’s death and the subsequent arrest of the officers involved.

"The officer was arrested the next day. They were prosecuted, they were fired. What are you doing? What do you mean, 'justice?' Justice at this point has been done," Yates said on Monday. "Well, then it turned into systematic racism, systematic police brutality."

"This is what they're trying to say that all these changes need to come from: this is why we're protesting, this is why we're rioting. Because of systematic abuse of power and racism. That just doesn't exist," he added.

• Confused 1

Louisville police release the Breonna Taylor incident report. It's virtually blank

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Nearly three months after Louisville Metro Police officers fatally shot Breonna Taylor in her South End apartment, the department has released the incident report from that night.

Except, it is almost entirely blank.

The four-page report lists the time, date, case number, incident location and the victim's name — Breonna Shaquelle Taylor — as well as the fact that she is a 26-year-old black female.

But it redacts Taylor's street number, apartment number and date of birth — all of which have been widely reported.

And it lists her injuries as "none," even though she was shot at least eight times and died on her hallway floor in a pool of blood, according to attorneys for her family.

It lists the charges as "death investigation — LMPD involved" but checks the "no" box under "forced entry," even though officers used a battering ram to knock in Taylor's apartment door.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Apparently they just can't help themselves, it's like a reflex or something:

Man shot, killed by Atlanta police in Wendy’s drive-thru

A 27-year-old man was shot and killed by Atlanta police Friday evening during a struggle in a Wendy’s drive-thru line that was captured on cellphone video, the GBI said.

At a protest held outside the restaurant on Saturday morning, Atlanta City Councilwoman Joyce Sheperd said she saw the video online and didn’t believe the fatal shooting was justified.

Here's the video of the man who was shot in Atlanta, there's also more videos on the same page that show what happened before and after he beat up the cops.

https://www.tmz.com/videos/061320-apd-shooting-4801493-0-jhwj5l2n/

I don't know if we have seen all the video so my opinion could change but it shows the man who was eventually shot, on top of two police officers beating them up and then he takes one of their tasers and runs, turns around and seems to discharge the taser at the cops.

The man who was shot was stronger than both cops, they couldn't handle him without force but they didn't need to use lethal force IMO, they could have shot him in the leg or at his feet to scare him so that he would stop running but part of me says "come on man", you can't get a cop on his back and give him right and left hooks to the face while taking his weapon and expect things to go well, regardless of the race of the cop or the perp.

I know my post doesn't fall in line with the current narrative (one I support if we maintain some level of common sense) so if I'm being insensitive please let me know, I'm curious what others think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Here's the video of the man who was shot in Atlanta, there's also more videos on the same page that show what happened before and after he beat up the cops.

https://www.tmz.com/videos/061320-apd-shooting-4801493-0-jhwj5l2n/

I don't know if we have seen all the video so my opinion could change but it shows the man who was eventually shot, on top of two police officers beating them up and then he takes one of their tasers and runs, turns around and seems to discharge the taser at the cops.

The man who was shot was stronger than both cops, they couldn't handle him without force but they didn't need to use lethal force IMO, they could have shot him in the leg or at his feet to scare him so that he would stop running but part of me says "come on man", you can't get a cop on his back and give him right and left hooks to the face while taking his weapon and expect things to go well, regardless of the race of the cop or the perp.

I know my post doesn't fall in line with the current narrative (one I support if we maintain some level of common sense) so if I'm being insensitive please let me know, I'm curious what others think.

I'm pretty much with you on this one, never a good idea to point an object at a cop especially after you've already beaten them up, that situation will almost never end well for you. 

• Like 1

I think most of us (going out on a limb here) have a big problem with lives being lost when suspects are already subdued, in a defenseless/non aggressive position, etc.

I got nothing when folks decide they want to start pointing objects or start striking/slamming officers. Sure, some may still refrain from lethal force, but imo lethal force is justified.

• Like 3

So I watched the video and I'm not getting any outrage here.  Rather than face the music for what he did, he's the one that appears to get violent with police.  He then punches his way free, steals a weapons, and then turns and plainly aims it at the officer.  I doubt the vast majority of people marching to stop police racial violence have this sort of scenario in mind.   

Doesn't look like the reason police were there was racial either, guy reportedly passed out in the Wendy's drive thru blocking the lane.  There's pretty much zero chance of doing that and not having someone call the cops.  He then failed a sobriety test, which these days is an automatic arrest. 

I hate that another person lost their life over something this small, but this isn't George Floyd. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I waited before responding, because I also think that if a person is clearly resisting AND trying to taze an officer, bad things are gonna happen...doesn't matter what color they are. 

I hope Mayor Bottoms won't accept Chief Shields' resignation. They work well together. This ain't on either of them. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Police are taught to shoot center mass. It is damn near impossible to shoot at someone’s arms or legs. And if u are saying he should have shot at the ground. What if that bullet skips off the ground and hits one of the cars a kills a bystander or a kid. Then what? 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, just654 said:

Police are taught to shoot center mass. It is damn near impossible to shoot at someone’s arms or legs.

1598292494_Annotation2020-06-14001030.png.dd2560166aad9ba6760cfffda79e6469.png

Look at how close he was when he shot him, a gotta believe a police officer cant hit a guy in the leg who has his back turned from that distance, what is that, about 15 ft?

I have an expectation (maybe it's unrealistic) that police are highly accurate at short distances but I dont shoot guns so I admit I don't know much about accuracy vs distance when shooting but that's a close shot.

24 minutes ago, just654 said:

And if u are saying he should have shot at the ground. What if that bullet skips off the ground and hits one of the cars a kills a bystander or a kid. Then what? 

I agree, "then what" is not a good scenario but it's stupid to shoot to kill based on the situation, IMO.

5 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I have an expectation (maybe it's unrealistic) that police are highly accurate at short distances but I dont shoot guns so I admit I don't know much about accuracy vs distance when shooting but that's a close shot.

It's VERY unrealistic.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2018/may/25/shannon-watts/do-more-7-10-police-bullets-miss-their-mark-gun-co/

This cites police as hitting 37% of the time 21 feet and closer in. And that's without trying to hit specific body parts.

No way.

Edited by techboy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

1598292494_Annotation2020-06-14001030.png.dd2560166aad9ba6760cfffda79e6469.png

Look at how close he was when he shot him, a gotta believe a police officer cant hit a guy in the leg who has his back turned from that distance, what is that, about 15 ft?

I agree, "then what" is not a good scenario but it's stupid to shoot to kill based on the situation, IMO.

I'm not a gun expert, but in the heat of the moment you are going to have to rely on instincts.  Legs also move fast when people are running, much less than the torso.   When I see the targets at ranges,  I've only ever seen torso + head, never full body.

Discharging a gun is always potentially lethal.  Remember Sean Taylor was only hit in the leg.   Police do not and should not have  a "shoot to wound" tactic, when they or anyone else discharge the gun, they always have to accept it could potentially kill the target.  Therefore the only justification for shooting should when life is in danger.