Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

On 10/25/2017 at 9:50 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

Maybe they alter the storyline a bit and swap Spider-Man for Carnage? I have no idea what the plot is, other than my knowledge of the Symbiote storyline from the comics.

Yeah, but that would be even weirder as Carnage was created from Venom. Kassidy didn’t get his symbiote until he was cellmates with Brock. I think they’re going to have to do a Spider-Man cameo, at least. And it can’t be the current kid, because he’s too young to pull off working as an adult at the Daily Bugle. 

1 hour ago, Gamebreaker said:

Yeah, but that would be even weirder as Carnage was created from Venom. Kassidy didn’t get his symbiote until he was cellmates with Brock. I think they’re going to have to do a Spider-Man cameo, at least. And it can’t be the current kid, because he’s too young to pull off working as an adult at the Daily Bugle. 

Yeah sorry bout that, thats what I was getting at, just didn't explain it all that well. Figured maybe they mention Spider-Man vaguely, kinda like how the Netflix characters reference the Avengers and the 3 big collaborations (big green dude, dude with the shield, the "webslinger/spider****" maybe in this), but go straight to the Brock/Kassady thing, and basically do a swap, and slightly alter the story a bit. 

I always viewed Venom as sort of a tragic antihero, whereas Carnage is obviously pure evil. That could work. That's what I'd do at least. If neither Parker or Kassady are in this, it's gonna be weird.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice! I don't think they should've shown the scene with Vision though, where Thanos's minion is extracting the Mind stone. Although when it flips to him putting the stone in the gauntlet, it is the Space stone (Tessaract/blue), not the Mind Stone which is orange. He also has the Power stone (purple) which means he has to have taken it from the Nova Corp.

Edited by Zguy28

Trailer looks cool.  I hope it has single player mode. 

Seriously though, when will people get tired of these super hero mashups?  Never?  I'm not saying this one will be bad, most of the Marvel stuff has been entertaining.  I'm just up to my gills in this stuff.  This **** is reaching Patton Oswalt Star Wars/Park&Rec rant level.

I've always enjoyed superhero films, but I think I'm more of a stand alone hero flick guy.  These feel like mass marketing bonanzas.  

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Haha 1

Avengers is pretty much the original though (unless you count XMen, which I don't). GOTG, Justice League, Inhumans, etc are all cheap fascimiles. 

Plus the core cast of Avengers are very likeable, and have great chemistry together. And usually the films have pretty good directors too (the Russo

Brother did an outstanding job with Cap America: Civil War).

The market is way oversaturated with superhero team-up films, but this is the one I remain interested in. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mournblade said:

Avengers is pretty much the original though (unless you count XMen, which I don't). GOTG, Justice League, Inhumans, etc are all cheap fascimiles. 

Plus the core cast of Avengers are very likeable, and have great chemistry together. And usually the films have pretty good directors too (the Russo

Brother did an outstanding job with Cap America: Civil War).

The market is way oversaturated with superhero team-up films, but this is the one I remain interested in. 

completely agree about the chemistry aspect, they have done a damn good job casting the roles and they all feed off each other mostly.

I think it also helps that everything they have put out has been a part of the build up to the Infinity War, they have had an end goal in mind from the creation of the universe