Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

6 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Just watched episode 1, an okay start.

Reveal hidden contents

I think I'll watch one more episode, before going to sleep. Good thing, I work from home.

Just started the third one. Takes at least the first two to start laying the groundwork & get going. Already better then Iron Fist was though. 

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Punisher came out today?  

My desk just moved. 

Defenders came out today. 

Punisher was just a new trailer. 

And Defenders was WAY better then Iron Fist was.

Spoiler

Cmon Daredevil 3 now...

7 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Finished watching "The Defenders". 8 episodes is easier to binge on.   I liked the series. Definitely, better than IronFist.

Only complaint was that the story was a little slow to develop early on.

Hide contents

Did I hear Elektra's voice in the hospital where Matt was?

Spoiler

Nope. Go read the Daredevil Born Again trade paperback. 

I liked Defenders and binged it last night and this afternoon. 

Spoiler

My only issue is that the bad guys never seemed as badass as they were portrayed to be.  Gao was great as usual, although I'm not sure why she didn't try to get away at the end, but Murakami and Sowande seemed kind of weak. They did look and sound cool though.

Edited by visionary

50 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I still have not watched Iron Fist. I'll get it over with at some point. I don't want to watch the Defenders without watching that first

Wasn't real big on Iron Fist.  Of course, it has the disadvantage of being compared to Daredevil (and the other two), as opposed to comparing it to the CW type super hero shows.  It's a little like Tom Hanks' character in Big becoming a superhero except far less endearing and with more (pretty corny) anger.  

Anyway, I have a few Defenders episodes left, and I gotta say that I like his character a bit more now.  Also, Jessica Jones is a good foil for the others (I was initially worried how she'd fit in). 

Edited by skinny21

I enjoyed defenders, Daredevil and Luke Cage really stood out.  Since everyone is gushing here are some things I didn't like: 

Spoiler

I thought the fight choreography was a real let down in several spots.  They didn't really utilize the different expertise and abilities of the combatants consistently or very well.  They did great with the martial artists but struggled with Jessica Jones and seemed to greatly downplay what Luke Cage could do several times.

It also felt a little rushed.  One of the thing Marvel on Netflix gets right is that they stress the human aspects, and human costs, at least as often as the fighting and powers.  They gave it lip service mostly via daredevils whining but they didn't really show it like that have in previous series.

Is Iron Fist supposed to be the village idiot? 

• Like 2

I echo a lot of Destino's thoughts. 

Finn Jones was better as Iron Fist, but barely. It seemed like they weakened Luke in order to create more drama. Also, I agree that in fights Jessica just looks lost. Someone should also teach her how to sell a punch. She reminds me of Katie Cassidy trying to portray the Black Canary. 

I did very much enjoy it though. I'm not going to get too far into details because I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't had the chance to watch it yet. 

If they do a Defenders 2, they probably may want to make it 10 episodes.  It did seem a little rushed on the back half, after being a little slow on the first half.

"The Punshisher" is what we get later this year.  Then next year Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. Then Daredevil and Iron First probably in 2019..  So, if they do a Defenders 2; it will be in 2020.  

Also, will they make more TV shows with other marvel characters?

Edited by Rdskns2000

So when Disney starts it's own streaming servicel up soon, will all of these will be cleared off of Netflix?

How fast should i watch these? i am not a binger, i prefer to space them out.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

32 minutes ago, Bang said:

So when Disney starts it's own streaming servicel up soon, will all of these will be cleared off of Netflix?

How fast should i watch these? i am not a binger, i prefer to space them out.

~Bang

Thats s good question. I think they'll either be removed or they'll stop doing them on Netflix and they'll only appear on Disney's streaming service. Agents of Shield is safe because Disney owns ABC. 

I agree with the criticism of Jessica Jones in this.  When the action breaks out, she's just kinda there.  And they reinforced everyones powers, but she just kinda tossed the occasional jabronie bad guy around.

That and her character is almost as annoying as Iron Fist.

Edited by justice98

I thought Defenders was great and they did a good job of making it/selling it with all four of the main characters.  I felt like it should have been 10 episodes instead of 8, tad rushed at the end.  

Likes and dislikes:

Spoiler

One of my favorite scenes/lines was when Matt and Jessica went to the one building and Matt takes her scarf and starts running up the stairs, gets to like the 44th floor and when he runs out, you hear the elevator ring and the door open and out comes Jessica and she says, "You look like an asshole."  Matt responds, "It's your scarf."  

Jessica did look off some fight scenes, very awkward.  Another thing that didn't make sense to me was when Luke and Danny were first fighting, Danny is going ape **** on him with kicks, punches, etc. and none of them makes Luke even blink.  He then uses the iron fist and decks him which did some damage and had impact.  But later on in the series in fight scenes with other ninjas from the hand, you see them knocking Luke back and down at times.  Not really hurting him, but enough to get him off balance, etc.  And those were just normal ninjas.   Wasn't consistent.

Danny knew Black Sky needed him to punch that wall to unlock it and he runs at her fist a blazing as she approaches the wall and ends up punching the wall........that was probably the lamest part of the entire series.  I would have rather seen them take someone hostage and threaten to kill them, basically forcing him to punch it and break the seal.

Overall, I really liked it and wanted to see more.  I think Iron Fist still gets a bad rap just because it came out 4th, huge shoes to fill after Daredevil, JJ and LC.  It sets up some nice future story lines for each of their series, especially Daredevil.  

20 minutes ago, JCB said:

If they do more Marvel shows, and if they continue to concentrate on street-level heroes, Moon Knight would be a gas.

Moon Knight would be cool as hell.  If they stick with characters that were part of the Defenders at some point, lot's of options:  Hawkeye, Nighthawk, Hellcat.    Angel/Archangel would be sweet too, but I doubt that ever happens.