Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Avenger: Infinity War just reminds me of those old WWF "Rumbles" or whatever they used to call them where every wrestler known to mankind, from the Rock to Kurt Angle to Grand Master Sexay and Scotty Too Hotty, were jammed into the ring and forced to pummel each other. Just the insanity of having that many characters in one film is going to be a blast. 

19 hours ago, Bang said:

I doubt it is, but there's a cut in the trailer that looks like it might be Namor.

Is he finally coming in?

~Bang

You mean the part where that character throws what looks like it might be a trident? That is Proxima Midnight.

• Like 2

Not that part,,  i have only seen the trailer once, so pardn me if i mis-describe.. it was near the beginning, was a man in silhouette from behind.. looked like it MAY be Namor,, the ears.. but it may be Thor with his short hair.

Namor never fought with a weapon as far as i know.

~Bang

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bang said:

Not that part,,  i have only seen the trailer once, so pardn me if i mis-describe.. it was near the beginning, was a man in silhouette from behind.. looked like it MAY be Namor,, the ears.. but it may be Thor with his short hair.

Namor never fought with a weapon as far as i know.

~Bang

I'm 99% sure that's Thor in that clip.

20 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

So who is going to die? If these final two films will be the last of this universe of marvel and they'll reset it afterwards, some big stuff has to go down right?

My guess is more than one. Maybe a draft is in order?

I'm saying Cap or Iron Man first.

Will Drax and Gamora end up trapped in the Soul Gem with Pip the Troll? lol

1 hour ago, Zguy28 said:

My guess is more than one. Maybe a draft is in order?

I'm saying Cap or Iron Man first.

Will Drax and Gamora end up trapped in the Soul Gem with Pip the Troll? lol

From the trailer looks like Vision gets in trouble at some point. 

Edited by Mournblade

• 2 weeks later...

Im not feeling these new X-Men at all, aside from Fass. Its a real shame. So many places and storylines they could go (points to username).

Honestly, I would love Cable to make an appearance in something like that as well. Why regurgitate the same crap you did a decade ago.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Im not feeling these new X-Men at all, aside from Fass. Its a real shame. So many places and storylines they could go (points to username).

Honestly, I would love Cable to make an appearance in something like that as well. Why regurgitate the same crap you did a decade ago.

I suspect Marvel will reboot the X-Men at some point.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2017 at 7:34 PM, Zguy28 said:

Just watched the first three episodes of Agents of Shield season 5 today. That was interesting. Quake is one bad Inhuman.

I really like the powers of that young Inhuman that Simmons helped. I've always thought a superhero with the ability to go intangible like Shadowcat of the X-Men, or increase your density to the point of being unbreakable would be an awesome combination. I hope we see more of her eventually. 

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I suspect Marvel will reboot the X-Men at some point.

This is a given. If the next X-Men movie wasn't already in post-production I think they would've canceled it and recast everyone. 

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If Disney buying Fox means I'll FINALLY get a good Fantastic Four movie then this is a great day indeed.

I don’t know if there is a thread for this, but the Disney Fox buyout is wholly ****ed.  Just an amassing of media interests.

I couldn’t give a **** less if now the Avengers can team up with the X Men.

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I don’t know if there is a thread for this, but the Disney Fox buyout is wholly ****ed.  Just an amassing of media interests.

I couldn’t give a **** less if now the Avengers can team up with the X Men.

You have a problem with the *acquisition?

Edited by CrypticVillain

3 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

You have a problem with the *acquisition?

I have a problem with a continuing collection of power in media.  Disney is heralded as this white knight in the movie industry, but they own too much in my liking.

This is more political and I’d hate to water down a movie thread with politics, so I think that if there is a conversation to be had about this, it should probably go elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I have a problem with a continuing collection of power in media.  Disney is heralded as this white knight in the movie industry, but they own too much in my liking.

This is more political and I’d hate to water down a movie thread with politics, so I think that if there is a conversation to be had about this, it should probably go elsewhere.

Agreed...

The geeks are freaking out about this. My Facebook feed is full of this and N.N. lol