Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

52 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Why does Black Widow change her hair every movie?

Since Civil War I think she's been on the run with Cap and Falcon so it would make sense that she's changed her appearance this time. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2018 at 2:06 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

The character Trish is awful.  Jeez.  The show would be better without her.

Awful?  I thought she was the real villain, or someone intentionally written to make us love to hate them.  Season 2 played out like a classic back story for a new villain. 

Spoiler

1- Traditionally when a character outright admits they covet what those close to them have more than they love them, it's virtually always a villain.  She wants her boyfriends job more than she cares for him.  She wants Jessica's powers more than she cares for Jessica. 

2- When they are willing to do wrong, commit crimes, and hurt people to get power they are virtually always villains.  She gets a friends that she knows struggles with addiction to do a drug she knows is addictive.  She then manipulates, assaults, and kidnaps him and leaves him in the trunk of a car with a head wound for the better part of a day.  A scenario which could easily have killed him.  She does this so she can kidnap a mad scientist at gun point, knowing that doing so will destroy the deal Jessica made to save her mother, all to force him to give her powers.  

3- She shows absolutely no ability to recognize her own actions as wrong.  Jessica is constantly stopping her from shooting people.  When she wakes up in the hospital instead of apologies or asking about Malcom's health and well being, she insults Jessica for stopping her (a very villain like move).  She shoots Jessica's mom and imagines that Jessica will just forget about it after a nice hug.  Trish seems to be playing at being human, but possesses zero actual empathy.  

I'm hoping that despite all the Hellcat hero talk, that season 3 is made and that Trish turns into out of control "hero" that takes things too far and has to be put down.  It's exactly the sort of villain that fits with how they've made the show so far. 

I really enjoyed season 2, and I thought Alisa Jones really stole the show.  Fantastic character.  I will say again though, as I did after season 1, that Jessica Jones isn't a hero.  She's a super powered person making decisions entirely based on how she feels about the people involved.  That's not a bad thing. 

I don't think any of the big deaths come until Avengers 4.  I can't see them killing somebody like Stark or Rogers until then.  Or if they do die, they come back some kind of way.

The secondary characters are all up for grabs in IW though.  I think Rhodey is a goner in IW.  Bucky might take one for Steve, paying back all the loyalty.

Edited by justice98

30 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I don't think any of the big deaths come until Avengers 4.  I can't see them killing somebody like Stark or Rogers until then.  Or if they do die, they come back some kind of way.

The secondary characters are all up for grabs in IW though.  I think Rhodey is a goner in IW.  Bucky might take one for Steve, paying back all the loyalty.

My thought is Iron Man and Cap are toast, maybe Rhodey too. Bucky or Falcon will be the new Cap. Dr. Strange has another movie coming. Thor might die too, or Drax and Gamora. They got stuck in the Soul Gem in the comics. Then in Av4 they come back perhaps, maybe along with half the universe. I also wonder if any Agents of Shield will appear, such as Quake. She could probably knock the crap out of some bad guys.

The question is, where is Mephisto? :evil:

Edited by Zguy28

37 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

And possibly Dr. Strange.

What's to stop Dr Strange from just manipulating time again like he did in his movie repeatedly to **** with Thanos and prevent destruction? I wonder if they will address this. 

31 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I could see either Tony or Cap dying in this movie. Definitely some lesser characters could go.

Maybe you have Cap die in IW and then Bucky honors him in the next one taking up the suit and shield as the next Captain America

5 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Nobody dies forever except Uncle Ben.

Have you guys read infinity gauntlet?  The movie can't follow that story because the main characters of that story don't exist in the MCU.  It does illuminate how they can kill heroes and not lose their movie franchises though.  One of the gems controls time, and with that it should be clear how they can kill everyone without anyone needing to stay dead.   

For the record. 

I dont consume a lot of media and therefore, at this point, have only seem about half the marvel movies. Last week i started the epic journey of watchong all the Marvel films in order somthat i can catch eveything by the time Black Panther is available on Amazon and Infinity War is in the theater. 

I can do about 90 minutes per day. 

Already through the first Captain America, will finish Iron Man 1 today or tomorrow. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

What's to stop Dr Strange from just manipulating time again like he did in his movie repeatedly to **** with Thanos and prevent destruction? I wonder if they will address this. 

I could see either Tony or Cap dying in this movie. Definitely some lesser characters could go.

Maybe you have Cap die in IW and then Bucky honors him in the next one taking up the suit and shield as the next Captain America

If someone hasn't already said it, there's a time stone.

Seeing Bucky take over Cap would be cool.  It'll just be weird in the next cap movie.  Was he supposed to die at the end of Civil War in the comics?

5 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I hope not.  I really don't care for that show and they'd take screen time from characters I like more.  I hope none of the Netflix characters show up either.

You must of really not liked Season 2 of Jessica Jones then, lol.

It's definitely going to happen now just because you said that.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

You must of really not liked Season 2 of Jessica Jones then, lol.

It's definitely going to happen now just because you said that.

The show got a little better when they did Dexter instead of The OC.  And the Kilgrave episode was a high point.  The show really misses him.  But no, I didn't care for this season.  If I'm honest, all of these shows have been disappointing since the second half of Luke Cage.  But the Marvel Studios movies have been kickass for a while now.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The show got a little better when they did Dexter instead of The OC.  And the Kilgrave episode was a high point.  The show really misses him.  But no, I didn't care for this season.  If I'm honest, all of these shows have been disappointing since the second half of Luke Cage.  But the Marvel Studios movies have been kickass for a while now.

You're not wrong. This is just my opinion, but I feell like we're teetering on the brink of over-saturation, and the only thing really holding it off are quality marvel films.  Say an Avengers movie bombs, there will be an article with that title the very next day.

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You're not wrong. This is just my opinion, but I feell like we're teetering on the brink of over-saturation, and the only thing really holding it off are quality marvel films.  Say an Avengers movie bombs, there will be an article with that title the very next day.

I think it's more of an issue with Netflix and ABC.  Netflix's original programming is very spotty, they produce a ton of garbage.  Season One of Daredevil was outstanding, and the rest of the Netflix Marvel shows have been riding those coattails ever since.  But Steven DeKnight left Daredevil after that first season and everything has been downhill since.  None of the showrunners for any of the other seasons have been impressive.

And Agents of SHIELD is just a corny network show.  Joss Whedon's brother is not Joss Whedon, and even if he were, I was definitely not a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan.  And that's what Agents of SHIELD is.  Buffy set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Better showrunners would result in better TV.  Marvel Studios has pretty much crushed it with the casting and directing choices for their movies and it has made all of the difference in the world.  They weren't obvious choices either.  I mean, Branagh and Coogler and Whedon and Shane Black were all well known and successful directors, but not obvious choices to head superhero franchises.  Favreau and the Russo Brothers and Peyton Reed and James Gunn and Taika Waititi were unknowns who crushed it by truly coming to understand their characters and source material and putting their stamp on it.  They were all inspired choices, although I'm not the biggest James Gunn fan.  Scott Derrickson with Dr Strange was OK too.  Really Alan Taylor has been the only dud so far, and I think he was just out of his element directing movies.

Netflix does not have Marvel Studios' eye for writing and directing talent.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think it's more of an issue with Netflix and ABC. 

Better showrunners would result in better TV.  Marvel Studios has pretty much crushed it with the casting and directing choices for their movies and it has made all of the difference in the world.  

Ya, what's going on via the non-movie scene is starting to bother me, too. 

Betting against the Marvel Movie studio is like betting against what color the sky will be tomorrow, but my fear is they'll one day make a movie we want taken seriously and its treated like a joke reel similar to Thor 3 or GotG v2.  I'd like to give more time to Black Lightning, which is probably only DC thing I really liked since the Man of Steel and first two Nolan Batman movies.  I have a crush on Enchantress, that's only reason I liked Suicide Squad.

I'm not sure how common this is, but the comic book movie industry isn't batting .500 right now, even if they win a game every once in a while in blowout fashion.

I just watched Thor Ragnorak last night. A few I haven’t seen yet. My question is, which do I HAVE to see before Avengers?

Spiderman Homecoming

Ant Man

Black Panther

Doctor Strange

kind of thinking all but Ant Man but I think it’s on Netflix along with Dr Strange