Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Why do you say that?  If Venom does fill the anti-hero role in his movie (which its starting to look like), who's the villain then?

I just don’t see how they can spend time setting up a character like Venom, which we know from the teaser will be an origin story, and then also introduce his greatest foe. I don’t see it doing carnage justice 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I just don’t see how they can’t spend time setting up a character like Venom, which we know from the teaser will be an origin story, and then also introduce his greatest foe. I don’t see it doing carnage justice 

You may be right.  I'm not sure how this will be an origin story if Tom Holland is supposedly only playing Peter Parker in the movie, though (they might be lying).  I really don't know what they're doing, I don't think anyone does, but I trust Tom Hardy not to f this up.

Did some more reading, Woody Harellson may be getting the role, but only as a tease for the sequel if the first movie is successful.  I like Venom, but Carnage is the one I really want to see at some point.  He's just a different class of villian (dude scared the Joker, man)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zguy28 said:

Just watched Thor Ragnarok again. It was just as good this time. Great casting, especially Goldblum.

I'm glad someone else likes the Thor  movies here. To me, they rate just below the Captain American ones but much higher than the Iron Man, Spiderman, Ant Man, and the god awful Doctor Strange movies.

Edit..typos..and I purposely didn't include the Black Panther and Avenger movies because they are a league of their own.

Edited by The Evil Genius

14 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm glad someone else likes the Thor  movies here. To me, they rate just below the Captain American ones but much higher than the Iron Man, Spiderman, Ant Man, and the god awful Doctor Strange movies.

Edit..typos..and I purposely didn't include the Black Panther and Avenger movies because they are a league of their own.

I love Thor, even though Dark World was weakest. But I disagree about Doc Strange, I loved that as well.

3 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

I love Thor, even though Dark World was weakest. But I disagree about Doc Strange, I loved that as well.

I generally like Benedict Cumberbatch, but I thought the movie was weak and he's still just a giant douchebag even at the end. 

Liked him in the newest Thor movie though. Plus anytime Loki is involved, count me in. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

I generally like Benedict Cumberbatch, but I thought the movie was weak and he's still just a giant douchebag even at the end. 

Liked him in the newest Thor movie though. Plus anytime Loki is involved, count me in. 

He was a great cameo in Ragnarok. Would love to see him go at it with Loki. "Ive been falling for 30 minutes!" :ols:

The Thor movies are awful. Ragnarok was extremely entertaining and funny but it turned the character into a lighthearted punchline. They had to do it though to make the movies enjoyable

There is no way Thor is on par with the others. BP and Iron Man 1 are the only two single movies that are on a league with Avengers 1.  

• Like 2

BP Iron Man 1 and Avengers are all good. The sequels are where they start to flame out. IM 2 and 3 were allegedly so bad that I never bothered to watch them. 

Captain America was good though. I liked the original one. Winter Soldier and Civil War were also good. 

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The Thor movies are awful. Ragnarok was extremely entertaining and funny but it turned the character into a lighthearted punchline. They had to do it though to make the movies enjoyable

There is no way Thor is on par with the others. BP and Iron Man 1 are the only two single movies that are on a league with Avengers 1.  

^ ^ This guy gets it.

Again, the only two Marvel franchises I give a sh*t about are Captain America and Avengers. And after Avengers: Infinity War, I think Marvel's time in the sun will be over. We should see a pretty rapid decline after that. 

15 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Totally disagree. Thor is the man. Don't be jealous that he's one of the most powerful characters in MCU.:silly:

And I liked Iron Man 2 best out of the three.

Edited by Zguy28
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Agreed.  Thor is great.  He looms over the MCU even when he's not there because he's a force majeure and the biggest panty dropper in all of Marvel.  Chris Hemsworth is a rock star.

I learned a new term today: force majeure

And the fact that his villain brother is played so well by Tom Hiddleston just adds to the majesty..

Edited by Zguy28
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Honestly I liked the Dark World better than Iron Man 3. Haven't seen Ragnarok yet.

I did as well. I don't think any of the MCU movies are bad, just some are good while others are great. I guess it lends itself to stricter and higher criticism when you consistently put out quality movies.

I have no clue what you guys saw in the Thor movies. I was bored to tears by all of them. And Hemsworth -- nice guy and all, but as an actor

he can't hold his own vs RDJ, Chris Evans, Ruffalo, Johanssen, Mackie, and the rest of the Avengers. He is definetley the weakest link. 

I thought Ragnarok was great. In terms of "silly Thor," some of the early Lee/Kirby classic tales portrayed him as a noble but occasionally goofy character. I don't think the character shift is all that jarring. Plus the latest movie was such a great Kirby tribute in so many ways, and Kirby is still the king o' comics.

• Like 1

still no booty

5 hours ago, Mournblade said:

I have no clue what you guys saw in the Thor movies. I was bored to tears by all of them. And Hemsworth -- nice guy and all, but as an actor

he can't hold his own vs RDJ, Chris Evans, Ruffalo, Johanssen, Mackie, and the rest of the Avengers. He is definetley the weakest link. 

I like the guy a lot he is just an empty vessel pretty much. He's a good looking dude and somewhat charming but has no acting chops. 

8 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

biggest panty dropper in all of Marvel.

your panties, maybe..

tenor.gif?itemid=8911354

• Like 2