Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm torn, are they seriously trying to do a Venom origin story without Spiderman?  This is perfect example of the Studio rights issues getting in the way of just trying to make quality Comic Book movies.  You almost have to bring Carnage into this to make up for it, imo:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Carnage is in the movie, from what I read.

Ya, not the point, though.

@Momma There Goes That Man  brought up a valid argument that Carnage is such a dominant character that trying to introduce both him and Venom at the same time might not be a good idea.  If they're going to leave Spiderman out of this, not only do they have to force Carnage in, but they've screwed the timeline up even more because the origin of Carnage centers around Venom and Spiderman teaming up to stop him (which was a huge deal at the time because Venom was Spiderman's arch-nemesis, he wasn't in anti-hero mode yet).

I want to see Carnage in a Rated-R setting as much as anyone, but not at the expense of the cannon.

7 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

I'm hearing Carnage will be in it, created to stop Venom. The trailer shows two symbiotes. But yeah, you need Spiderman.

Dear God, Sony done lost their mind.  Carnage wasn't "created", its the spawn of the Venom symbiote (which we all know, I'm just yelling out loud right now).

Disney has the money, they just need to buy out the rest of the Marvel rights from everyone and fix these individual franchises that the other studios just have no idea what they're doing with. Enough is enough.

• Like 2

I am getting super pumped about Infinity War.

IMO my favorite Marvel movies have been (in no specific order):

Thor: Ragnorok

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Black Panther

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 1

Captain America: Civil War

Infinity War doesn't have to be better than all those, but as long as it's in the same league as those movies... we're in for a real treat.

A warning to all, Forbes posted an Infinity War article with all the spoilers in it.  Apparently it’s not even a review, just spoilers.  They put a spoiler warning in the article but obviously social media trolls are jumping all over it and posting spoilers everywhere.  Might want to avoid comment sections and Twitter. 

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Marvel been dunking all over DC for a long time now.  The Christopher Nolan Batmans are great.  Every other single thing DC has put on screen that wasn't animated is utter trash.

I can’t really argue that aside from Wonder Woman. The last 5 minutes of the final fight were kinda meh but otherwise it was excellent. I know you didn’t like it tho 

2 hours ago, Mournblade said:

The tweets went nuts about the Last Jedi too. I'll believe it when I see it (though I do expect it to be fun). 

It desrved it too. While flawed it was a great addition to the series and one that finally broke free of the constraints of the previous trilogies 

11 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

No I just don't drool mindlessly over all things Marvel. My sense is you guys are young and just haven't been exposed to that many movies.

Trust me most of the Marvel stuff is junk. 

No need to be condescending. You have to a youno I experienced kid to like marvel movies, ok. ?

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You are drunk

Image result for hated it gif

1 hour ago, Mournblade said:

No I just don't drool mindlessly over all things Marvel. My sense is you guys are young and just haven't been exposed to that many movies.

Trust me most of the Marvel stuff is junk. 

Drool mindlessly?  They're comic book movies, man : /     If you go about comparing these movies to something like Amedaus, ya, you're going to be disappointed :rolleyes:

Edited by Renegade7

Well I'm a not so young guy ;) who remembers owning comics from the early days of many of the Super Heroes featured in the Marvel Movies,(Disney in this case),to date. Coincidentally enough,I've seen a few movies in my day too. Can honestly say I've enjoyed every one of them put out so far and I am not disappointed one bit in how they've put their spin on the storylines and characters. As I stated several years ago,most of these characters,(and the universes they dwell in), have been "reinvented" too damn many times over the past 50 years so if Disney wants to take a shot at their own,I say go for it. Can't do any worse than some of the work in the past imho. Which of course,this little is nothing but that. Just a not so young guy's opinion. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mournblade said:

No I just don't drool mindlessly over all things Marvel. 

That would require the necessary evidence that suggests we have been doing this very thing, instead of an overall fair critique (and a healthy amount of criticism, levied often enough to foster good discussion in both threads throughout their history), and giving praise where it is due, reflected in the reviews and overall commercial success of the MCU.

My sense is you guys are young and just haven't been exposed to that many movies.

****, Im practically movie illiterate...

These are superhero movies.... I'm near 30. Even at 9 years old, I was old enough to know that Batman & Robin would go down as the Titanic of superhero flicks. A dramatic, cautionary tale for all to bear witness too. This isn't really all that difficult. You know horrible when you see it, immediately.

And we know movies. There is an actual movie thread we post in, where we (or are supposed to) post a movie we saw recently, the movie poster itself, the movies description, why we liked it, and why. And we have been picking each others brains in the cinema dept for a lot longer than you've been active in here. 

I mean, when you soundly criticize something wildly successful and lauded, make inaccurate assumptions about the people praising it, then turn around and pat yourself on the back as some sort of beacon of wisdom, when you've done very little to argue a compelling case, and just basically said several different versions of "This sucks and I can't believe anyone else in the world could like it", it's not going to help your argument, wrong as it is anyways.

Gotta explain further. "Utter trash" is um, quite a statement. I don't think anyone here will say the MCU is flawless, sure as hell not me, but trash ? Only Cap and the Avengers were good? Nope. Drunk. Sauced. Sippin' on some sizzurp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I gave in, I'm going anyway. [removed]

Stop please. You should put that in spoiler tags. I'm gonna stop coming in this thread even if you guys are gonna hint at the plot.

Edited by Zguy28