Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

Finished Luke Cage. Not sure I like the ending, that transition seemed kind of quick. Much better overall than season 1, but not as strong as the Cottonmouth half of season 1.

Overall, a better season. I hope there's a season 3; want to see where they go now.  I think Tilda will end up following in her mama's footsteps.

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Finished Luke Cage. Not sure I like the ending, that transition seemed kind of quick. Much better overall than season 1, but not as strong as the Cottonmouth half of season 1.

Agreed. I'll leave my thoughts on why I didn't like the ending in spoilers

Tildy's turn towards being a potential villain was done well, but Luke's was not. I understand Misty and that annoying bootlegger in the barbershop being concerned with Luke potentially being swayed by the power, but what did they expect him to do? Running around Harlem in a hoodie, beating up on street thugs who don't have any influence in their crime rings they frequent was ineffective, and ultimately fruitless. He goes to the bosses directly and told them to stay out of Harlem. Violent crime ended...what's the problem? 

Granted, taking the club and having those bosses there, not a good look. But if they wanted to give the audience the impression that Luke was being swayed to the dark side, they should've given us a better reason than he learned he didn't have to protect Harlem with just his fist. Maybe my opinion on it is influenced by the fact I know Luke in the comics is probably just as noble as Captain America. 

• Like 2

Just started ep 12. Haven't been paying attention all that much to the episode names, but after noticing the last few (Main Ingredient, If It Ain't Rough It Ain't Right, and now You Can't Front on Me), I like the homage, after Gang Starr for season 1. One of the greatest, oft-underrated groups ever, and producers (in Pete Rock). Meant so much to the game. Mecca & The Soul Brother is also one of my favorite albums ever

Love this season so far.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

On 7/6/2018 at 11:49 AM, Zguy28 said:

Got my tickets for Ant-Man and the Wasp for tonight. I loved the first one.

I have to say, I thought it was every bit as good as the first movie. Michelle Pfeiffer looks beautiful for her age. It was funny too.

Spoiler

Was surprised the only tie in to "the snap" from Infinity War was in the post credits. Not sure how Scott is going to escape the Quantum Realm now either since Hank, Hope, and Janet are dust. Nobody knows he's there. Maybe Ghost, if she made it.

Just saw Ant Man and Wasp.  Never saw the first one.  Wasn't that interested in this one, but went because a friend was going.  

Really enjoyed it.  I keep saying this about Marvel movies, but I'm constantly surprised with how much character they manage to cram in between the too-elaborate fight scenes.  

It also opened with this trailer, which I decided I absolutely will be seeing, before the trailer was even half over.  

On 6/27/2018 at 12:04 PM, Gamebreaker said:

Agreed. I'll leave my thoughts on why I didn't like the ending in spoilers

Hide contents

Tildy's turn towards being a potential villain was done well, but Luke's was not. I understand Misty and that annoying bootlegger in the barbershop being concerned with Luke potentially being swayed by the power, but what did they expect him to do? Running around Harlem in a hoodie, beating up on street thugs who don't have any influence in their crime rings they frequent was ineffective, and ultimately fruitless. He goes to the bosses directly and told them to stay out of Harlem. Violent crime ended...what's the problem? 

Granted, taking the club and having those bosses there, not a good look. But if they wanted to give the audience the impression that Luke was being swayed to the dark side, they should've given us a better reason than he learned he didn't have to protect Harlem with just his fist. Maybe my opinion on it is influenced by the fact I know Luke in the comics is probably just as noble as Captain America. 

Well dang, things were looking spicy, like 

Spoiler

Luke was going to briefly lose his mind, and Bushmaster would come back for Harlem's Paradise with Tilda by his side, but now with sort of a face turn.

I did like the ep with Iron Fist, and I hope that all the characters drop in occasionally for each others shows (knock knock, Punisher... Isn't he supposed to be tight with these guys too?)

I liked Bushmaster.  He's no Cottonmouth, but he's a sizeable step up from Diamondback, who was a little too over the top psycho babble southern baptist. I didnt like that ESPN ruined several episodes though. None of that **** made any sense, and I've long wanted them to stay the hell out all movies and shows l, because they always cheese it up. Always. Never fails.

I can't wait for Daredevil, which I'm assuming drops at some point before the end of this year.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Larry said:

It also opened with this trailer, which I decided I absolutely will be seeing, before the trailer was even half over.  

The first Wreck-It Ralph is one of the best animated movies imo right up there with the best of Pixar. I can’t wait for the second 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, justice98 said:

It's still crazy to me that Black Panther will probably end making more than Infinity War.  I expected BP to make a lot of money, but $300-$400 mil type of a lot of money.  lol

Infinity war is over 2 billion right? BP is around 1.5 billion the last I saw. 

BP was a massive surprise hit but it didn’t outperform IW 

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

It's still crazy to me that Black Panther will probably end making more than Infinity War.  I expected BP to make a lot of money, but $300-$400 mil type of a lot of money.  lol

if nothing else it needs to be a slap in the face of all the studios who are afraid to do something different