Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Iron fist season 2 is best described as Danny and Ward experience misery while the audience (me) hopes the ironically named Joy gets hit by a bus.  Will Ward and Danny attempt to escape their misery by fleeing the country on a private jet?  Will Joy be hit by a bus?  I’m not going to spoil it.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, @Larry filled me in via PM, that blows, so Dark, who they think they is, DC?

I think the necessity of the overarching Avengers plot predetermined this outcome.  IW 2 is going to be a movie about getting the original Avengers roster from the first movie back together.  Plus Captain Marvel will show up I think.  So all of the new Avengers had to disintegrate or be taken out of play some other way.

On 8/22/2018 at 9:58 AM, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Did anyone collect comics when they were young?

I looked up the value of some of my old comics. All those awesome gotta have "Image" comics are worth less now than they were 25 years ago.

WTF

They killed so many shops..  I used to be part of a shop back in the 80s and early 90s.. and Image was why we sold the store. 

Spawn is a prime example.. they printed 20 million of #1 and shops all overstocked and stashed 90% of what they bought to inflate the price.. it was going for 25 bucks within 2 weeks and it was entirely bull****. 
We saw the writing on the wall. Sold before the glut and made a profit.

Stores that still exist largely don't even bother with back issues these days. The industry hated the aftermarket, and have effectively killed it by releasing everything in trade paperbacks. In a way it stops the BS that happened with Image.. and in other ways it has destroyed collecting except for Bronze age on back, and those only if you're serious.

~Bang

7 hours ago, Bang said:

They killed so many shops..  I used to be part of a shop back in the 80s and early 90s.. and Image was why we sold the store. 

Spawn is a prime example.. they printed 20 million of #1 and shops all overstocked and stashed 90% of what they bought to inflate the price.. it was going for 25 bucks within 2 weeks and it was entirely bull****. 
We saw the writing on the wall. Sold before the glut and made a profit.

Stores that still exist largely don't even bother with back issues these days. The industry hated the aftermarket, and have effectively killed it by releasing everything in trade paperbacks. In a way it stops the BS that happened with Image.. and in other ways it has destroyed collecting except for Bronze age on back, and those only if you're serious.

~Bang

I worked in a shop in the early 90's as well. Besides Image, all of those alternate 3D glow in the dark bagged foil alternate covers didn't help either. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think the necessity of the overarching Avengers plot predetermined this outcome.  IW 2 is going to be a movie about getting the original Avengers roster from the first movie back together.  Plus Captain Marvel will show up I think.  So all of the new Avengers had to disintegrate or be taken out of play some other way.

Definitely what it looks like.  I feel the same way about this movie as I did about Days of Future Past, I might not watch it again because of the number of characters I grew up with that got wiped out, even if I know they are coming back.  I'm not looking forward to Peter Parker in Iron Man's arms again, not at all.

20 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

I watched the first 3 of Iron Fist season 2 and the writing is stiff, not much chemistry between almost any of the actors

i'm a MCU completist , but this feels like work

I'm at the same point now and feel the same way.  This is boring.  I don't care about any of the conflicts or villains at all.  Typhoid Mary is the most interesting thing so far, but she's being played very cliche by Alice Eve and it makes me roll my eyes.

It's a poorly written show.  I really really hope it gets better as the season goes on, but I don't expect it to.

The show would be way better if it was 50% less exposition and 150% more Kung Fu.

I'm finishing up Luke Cage 2 right now. As someone who also thought the first season of Iron Fist was hot garbage, I got to say the barbershop scene where Danny shows up is what I wished they had done from the beginning. Looks like they've been sloooooowly building to a version of Heroes For Hire: Power Man & Iron Fist.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2018 at 12:09 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Ho-lee-****.  Alice Eve just Val Kilmered Misty Knight at the beginning of Episode Six.  I knew this show was on some Top Gun.

I recognize all the words you wrote.  The order you placed them in however, makes no sense to me. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Just finished Iron Fist Season 2.  I agree it was better acting than 1, though I still think the dialogue was flat in many places

WTF was up with the ending? 

Hide contents

So Danny Rand is now Iron Fistful of Dollars?

[/quote[

Spoiler

In the scene where Danny pulls the glow guns he and Ward are asking about Orson Randall.  He's apparently an old Iron Fist that walked away from K'un L'un entirely.  According to what I've read online Randall is known for channeling the Dragon power into his guns like Danny does in that scene.  So apparently somewhere along the way while looking for him, Danny got his mojo back and learned some new tricks.  

I finished Season 2 of IronFirst and I liked it.  It's not perfect and it is still the weaker of the 4 shows.  Still, Season 2 was an improvement over Season 1 and holy ****; that ending makes me wants  to see a Third Season.

Next up is Daredevil- Season 3; probably in December.

Edited by Rdskns2000

On 9/8/2018 at 11:49 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Ward and Danny are on some Top Gun level homoerotic chemistry.

I'm not seeing it.  They're more of an odd couple comedy duo than Top Guns' weird version of male relationships.  If there was a gay story line involving Danny it would definitely be in the form of a flashback with Davos.  Davos holds the sort of grudge that just screams bitter ex.

On 9/9/2018 at 12:09 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Ho-lee-****.  Alice Eve just Val Kilmered Misty Knight at the beginning of Episode Six.  I knew this show was on some Top Gun.

I'm not there, yet. But I barely recognized Alice Eve. It wasn't too long ago she was, IMO, one of the hottest actresses in Hollywood. She got old, fast. I do believer her performance has been good though. Kinda surprised she's been able to pull it off. 

16 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I'm not there, yet. But I barely recognized Alice Eve. It wasn't too long ago she was, IMO, one of the hottest actresses in Hollywood. She got old, fast. I do believer her performance has been good though. Kinda surprised she's been able to pull it off.  

She's playing her character bare-faced most of the time and she's got an unflattering haircut in this show.

I felt like the show also made Joy look not so great.  She has a bad haircut too and she keeps making these thousand yard stare faces that are ****y and unflattering.  That actress is actually way more beautiful in real life than she appears in the show.

Jessica Henwick, OTOH, is looking ?.  Damn she is pretty.  Half Chinese girls do it for me.  Misty is looking fine as hell too.  I would watch the hell out of a Daughters of the Dragon spinoff.

2 hours ago, Destino said:

I'm not seeing it.  They're more of an odd couple comedy duo than Top Guns' weird version of male relationships.  If there was a gay story line involving Danny it would definitely be in the form of a flashback with Davos.  Davos holds the sort of grudge that just screams bitter ex.

Oh I definitely got those gay vibes from Davos and Danny too.  Davos's sense of grievance only starts to make sense to me if you picture them as boyhood lovers.  I think there is latent homoeroticism all over this show.

• Like 1

He reveals the deep things of darkness and brings utter darkness into the light.

Now I need to watch more. Watched both seasons of DD and first season of JJ. Started LC but couldn't get through S1. Watched IF 1.

Just started Punisher. 

Need to watch JJ 2, LC 1&2, Defenders, and IF 2 I guess before DD3 but knowing me I'll just watch DD3 when it drops. 

Not gonna lie, I did get the strong silent intense gay vibes from Davos too. Makes sense, though. Cold, unforgiving mystical kung fu temple in the mountains. Nothing but the homies, and if there are women, there's probably some code where you can't even look at them (which explains Davos' complete rejection of the congressman's wifes addvances , before she said **** it, and dropped it on em like enola gay).

Can't wait for Daredevil S3. I figured it wouldn't be until early 2019 before we saw it, Which means Punisher should be around the corner after that, setting up Defenders S2? 

I assume Frank Castle joins the fray at some point

• Haha 1

Kinda surprised that they used Typhoid Mary, a DD character, in Iron Fist. 

And that Defenders twitter thread is hilarious with "Murdock" only responding to fans with bible verses. :ols: Can't wait to see how they adopt the Born Again story arc.