Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

18 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I haven't read that many comics past the early 80's.  I got a big box full of late 70's to early 90's Marvel comics from my dad, so that's what I grew up on.  The only comics I buy are just some sporadic issues from runs here and there that I thought looked interesting and I picked up for dirt cheap at comic cons.

The vast majority of what I have are these massive torrent files of the old silver age runs of Fantastic Four, X-Men, Avengers, etc. that I got back in like 2010 during the hey-day of torrenting.  I just read them on my tablet.  That's how I've read all of those old runs.  That's my favorite era because Stan Lee is my favorite writer by far.

I guess I qualify as one of those comic geeks/nerds.

I have boxes full of comics in the basement spanning the early 60s to the mid 90s.

I started out as just a fan of Marvel but eventually got turned on to DC.

When it comes to DC,Justice Society and the Teen Titans are probably my "go to" books.

Marvel, it's probably The New Mutants and Excalibur.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

What's the deal with dude anyway? He died a long ass time ago. Is that show some kind of origin story?

The show takes place AFTER Coulson died.

In Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Coulson is revealed to be the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent in charge of Project T.A.H.I.T.I., which was meant to bring a potential dead Avenger back to life using a drug derived from an ancient alien corpse. However, test patients developed psychosis and hypergraphia, so Coulson had the project shut down. Following Coulson's death, Fury resurrected him using T.A.H.I.T.I., despite the risks, and had Coulson's memories of the project replaced so that he could move on with a healthy life.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Coulson

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

In Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Coulson is revealed to be the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent in charge of Project T.A.H.I.T.I., which was meant to bring a potential dead Avenger back to life using a drug derived from an ancient alien corpse. However, test patients developed psychosis and hypergraphia, so Coulson had the project shut down. Following Coulson's death, Fury resurrected him using T.A.H.I.T.I., despite the risks, and had Coulson's memories of the project replaced so that he could move on with a healthy life.

Oh, wow lol. Had no idea

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

That is some comic book **** right there, wow, lmfao, okay.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2018 at 1:02 PM, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I guess I qualify as one of those comic geeks/nerds.

I have boxes full of comics in the basement spanning the early 60s to the mid 90s.

I had the 70s and 80s all boxed up. Avengers, FF, X-Men, Spidey, Daredevil, Iron Man, Sub-Mariner, etc. I went in the Navy and when I came back, my parents' basement had flooded. Poof.  :( 

Edited by Chachie
  • Sad 1

Same here. 60's to 90's comics,(D.C. and Marvel),in my brother's basement. Yeah. I was one of those kids who had the early days of Marvel in his room that met with the dreaded mom cleaned my room fate,(especially when we had to move from state to state).  7-Eleven and subscribing by mail were the ways I remember getting many of them before finding a comic shop in Salt Lake back in 87.  Used to drive one of my art teachers in high school nuts when I'd draw a superhero in to a still life she had us do for homework. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Oh, wow lol. Had no idea

9 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

That is some comic book **** right there, wow, lmfao, okay.

It's the story arc to the first season of Agents of Shield I think, it's been a while since I watched it.  Somehow a Kree's decomposing body has the juice in it to bring a human back to life.

Something like this would have worked better in a comic book than on TV.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I pre-ordered tickets for the Avengers movie today. There were still spots left but you have to get them during working hours when people are working. I got mine at the Alamo Drafthouse. 

I got mine there too. Going on the 28th. 

5 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It's the story arc to the first season of Agents of Shield I think, it's been a while since I watched it.  Somehow a Kree's decomposing body has the juice in it to bring a human back to life.

Something like this would have worked better in a comic book than on TV.

They froze the Kree body. :)

The show got better after one of the agents on the team turned out to be Hydra. Last season with Ghost Rider and the Framework was the best season the show has. The current season is shaping up well too. 

I know we usually end up just talking about movies and shows on this thread. But for anyone who reads comics on tablets, there's a monster sale on Comixology and Amazon right now. Loads of new and archival collections at 99 cents per.

• Like 2

It hit me the other day that there is ONE major Marvel character who has not been explored in the movies to date. He is a massively popular and prominent player in the Marvel Universe, particularly in the Spiderman and Fantastic Four comics. Anyone guess who it is? (Hint: he's a villain). 

6 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

It hit me the other day that there is ONE major Marvel character who has not been explored in the movies to date. He is a massively popular and prominent player in the Marvel Universe, particularly in the Spiderman and Fantastic Four comics. Anyone guess who it is? (Hint: he's a villain). 

Carnage.  

And even if I'm wrong, I'm mad I missed the supposedly confirmed rumor that he's going to be in the Rated-R Venom movie that's coming out this year.  You literally cannot do a movie with Carnage in its that NOT Rated-R, this is extremely encouraging and long overdue.

26 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It seems unlikely they can introduce both Venom and Carnage in the same movie 

Why do you say that?  If Venom does fill the anti-hero role in his movie (which its starting to look like), who's the villain then?