Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

17 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I heard they are rushing Defenders out, and it will be much less episodes than the previous Marvel Netflix shows due to the impending Writer's strike that's about to happen. 

That's fine. All those shows/seasons about be 10 episodes and much stronger. 

13 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

That's fine. All those shows/seasons about be 10 episodes and much stronger. 

Just hoping the quality holds up. The previous writer's strike saw a lot of good shows hit hard in number of episodes, but also quality of the writing. 

Both of them were Hela?

I liked Hela's helmet.. she looked like Jack Kirby pulled her right off the page.

But if the other woman is Hela sans helmet, that makes sense... although she ain't shattering Mjolnir.

Surtur is the cause of Ragnarok.. or at least that's how the stories go.

So I am hoping we get the backstory on how Hulk ends up on that planet...  and I hope it's a full movie.
AND, one more hope,, if it had Silver Surfer in it,, well, i'd be tickled.

Shifting a bit,, I watched Agents of Shield with my wife over the last few months.. these "Inhumans"...   the Marvel Universe HAS to have Black Bolt and the rest of them wouldn't you think? I keep waiting to see if they'll intro at least ONE of them.. but all of these inhumans don't seem to be part of anything.
I thought Lash was Gorgon at first,, but nope.

If the Kree are going to be part of the MovieTV-verse, and they have to be (and are since the Agents tv series) ... then there has to be THE Inhumans. They are not a small part of the Marvel mythos.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bang said:

Shifting a bit,, I watched Agents of Shield with my wife over the last few months.. these "Inhumans"...   the Marvel Universe HAS to have Black Bolt and the rest of them wouldn't you think? I keep waiting to see if they'll intro at least ONE of them.. but all of these inhumans don't seem to be part of anything.

If the Kree are going to be part of the MovieTV-verse, and they have to be (and are since the Agents tv series) ... then there has to be THE Inhumans. They are not a small part of the Marvel mythos.

~Bang

Inhumans are getting a show on ABC, first 2 episodes will be released to IMAX early. Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon, Maximus and crew will all be there.

they've cast the major roles already I believe

Edited by StillUnknown

1 hour ago, Bang said:

Both of them were Hela?

I liked Hela's helmet.. she looked like Jack Kirby pulled her right off the page.

But if the other woman is Hela sans helmet, that makes sense... although she ain't shattering Mjolnir.

It looked like Cate Blanchette to me, and she's playing Hela. Or maybe my eyes are going bad...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bang said:

Both of them were Hela?

So I am hoping we get the backstory on how Hulk ends up on that planet...  and I hope it's a full movie.
AND, one more hope,, if it had Silver Surfer in it,, well, i'd be tickled.

~Bang

I never paid the Inhumans any mind until Marvel started forcing them down everyone's throats as a replacement for the X-Men. It's probably contributed to my negative feelings about them overall and how I haven't enjoyed any of their books the past couple years. 

Also, no chance of the Silver Surfer showing up in since Fox owns his movie rights. 

3 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Inhumans are getting a show on ABC, first 2 episodes will be released to IMAX early. Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon, Maximus and crew will all be there.

they've cast the major roles already I believe

Anson Mount, from Hell on Wheels, is playing Black Bolt. Ramsey from GoT is playing Maximus. Definitely like what I'm seeing in the cast. I may give it a shot. 

Bang I think Fox might own the rights to Silver Surfer, so I don't think he'll be in any Marvel Studios productions.  It's a shame, but it is what it is.

As far as the Thor movie goes, I'm confused about how they're incorporating Skurge without Amora.  Enchantress was such a great villain, and Cate Blanchett could probably play her well.  It kind of feels like they're missing an opportunity by not introducing her.

That said, too many villains dooms a super hero movie.  This one looks fun.

Have any of you guys seen any of Taika Waititi's work before?  I saw What We Do In the Shadows and it was charming and hilarious.  He was a really odd but interesting choice for Thor 3.  I think it's going to be really good and I think it will finally give the Thor franchise the voice it needs.  Irreverent, spacey, campy, fantastical, and fun.

That isn't to say I didn't like the previous two movies.  The films just haven't had a consistent voice like Captain America and Iron Man and the Avengers got with Weeden, Favreau and the Russos.  Despite that, I thought Kenneth Branagh actually did a fantastic job with the first one.  Thor 2 wasn't nearly as good.  Alan Taylor has directed some of the best episodes of television ever created in his work for HBO and on Mad Men.  But I don't think he's got the same knack for film making.  I think Thor 3 is going to be the strongest movie in the franchise.

Enchantress and the Executioner have been the main villains in more Marvel comics than almost anybody except maybe Dr. Doom. i don't think there's a single one of the staple characters that has not encountered them. Even when they are not the main threat, they cause a hell of a lot of trouble.

I'd also like to see them do something with some of Thor's older villains.. the Wrecker is too much fun, especially since Loki creates him to just **** with Thor. I'd love it if they made him a character and gave him that over-the-top badly written Brooklyn accent.

Ulik the Troll would be fun in a larger capacity. 

So much they can do,, but not enough movies to do them i guess.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

On 4/10/2017 at 7:43 PM, Bang said:

Enchantress and the Executioner have been the main villains in more Marvel comics than almost anybody except maybe Dr. Doom. i don't think there's a single one of the staple characters that has not encountered them. Even when they are not the main threat, they cause a hell of a lot of trouble.

I'd also like to see them do something with some of Thor's older villains.. the Wrecker is too much fun, especially since Loki creates him to just **** with Thor. I'd love it if they made him a character and gave him that over-the-top badly written Brooklyn accent.

Ulik the Troll would be fun in a larger capacity. 

So much they can do,, but not enough movies to do them i guess.

~Bang

I'm waiting to see if they sneak in Mephisto somewhere. There was that whole story where he tried to capture Thor's soul, but got Loki's instead I think. And of course he was Thanos' henchman with the Infinity Gauntlet story.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gamebreaker said:

I thought the Cloak would look a little more epic. Looks like he had a black bed sheet on. 

its freeform, can't imagine the budget being that high lol

trailer made the show look better than I thought it might be. i'll give it a try for a few episodes

• 2 weeks later...

I really love Come As You Are as their theme song for some reason.

I love seeing superheroes fight each other for fan service demonstrations of their power.  I loved it in Civil War, I'm going to love it in Thor 3, and I loved seeing Luke and Iron Fist hit each other in that trailer and can only hope that DD and JJ get in on that too.