Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

On 6/20/2023 at 11:41 AM, Warhead36 said:

Honestly...meh. Underwhelmed at all these MCU villain movies. But I guess we'll have to watch it because you know he's gonna end up being Spidey's next nemesis.

The Sony villain movies all suck. There hasn't been a single good one. They should just bow out of the whole Spider Man game and sell it all to Disney.

Speaking of which, funny story: we were in Disney World this past weekend, and we took my very talented artist daughter to an animators class. The animator was describing how to draw the nose on Copper, from Fox and the Hound. She quipped "his nose resembles the crest on a certain super hero. I can't say his name because we don't own him....yet."

Edited by Riggo#44

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/21/2023 at 9:52 PM, Maxito said:

Did anyone watch the first episode of Secret Invasion?  OverallI thought it was a good episode. 

I binged it all...enjoyed it as SLJ is always a fun watch.  Kinda had a "Fallen Skies" aspect to it but enjoyed it.

D'Nofrio is always great so I'll watch Echo after seeing that.

New teen spinoff of The Boys is good....Gen V.  

Loved Twisted Metal (might be getting off topic but a fun binge nonetheless).

Haven't started Ashoka but looking fwd to it on Disney and the new Ms Marvel looks interesting though never watched the first but Larson can be good and brie is a fav cheese of mine only lesser to Gouda.  lol

yeah I'm all over the place but love watching films/streaming shows.   Doom Patrol is fun too

Loki S2 has been fantastic (1 more episode left). They are setting him up to be a major player in the next MCU archs. 

He could be drastically different during the next MCU movies.  All based on him getting freed in Endgame due to the Avengers messing up.

Kang is also showing great promise as the next supervillian.  Actor is fantastic...

2 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Kang is also showing great promise as the next supervillian.  Actor is fantastic...

Majors is fantastic but he’s also arrested for assaulting his GF and a recent report said disney may move on from him and skip to Dr Doom as the next bigger villain. I don’t know why a character perfect for recasting wouldn’t just be recast.

he’s also been beaten every time he’s showed up, I know I know variants, but he simply doesn’t have the same threat level as Thanos did who simply walked onto screen and whipped ass. 

So the future for Kang is not very clear at all.

• Like 1

I'm nervous Disney will jump the shark with something crazy like Ratcliff for Wolverine, so I'm cringing every time I see this thread bumped now.

Even with nearly unlimited source material, MCU just feels like it's lost its way. Why else would there be rumors about bringing Downey and Johansen back?

On 11/3/2023 at 5:46 PM, RabidFan said:

I binged it all...enjoyed it as SLJ is always a fun watch.  Kinda had a "Fallen Skies" aspect to it but enjoyed it.

D'Nofrio is always great so I'll watch Echo after seeing that.

New teen spinoff of The Boys is good....Gen V.  

Loved Twisted Metal (might be getting off topic but a fun binge nonetheless).

Haven't started Ashoka but looking fwd to it on Disney and the new Ms Marvel looks interesting though never watched the first but Larson can be good and brie is a fav cheese of mine only lesser to Gouda.  lol

yeah I'm all over the place but love watching films/streaming shows.   Doom Patrol is fun too

I did not like Ashoka, maybe one episode which I am not going to share since you haven't watched it. But I'll just say some of the action fighting scenes was eh to me. 

Did you see the trailer for echo? From what I've seen I look forward to it, and same with Daredevil. I was a bit worried with how he was portrayed in The Hulk. 

Ms Marvel, I'll watch maybe on Disney Plus. Apparently there is a surprise visit by someone. 

Gen v is a.promising show. I like it! Currently on episode three. 

15 minutes ago, Maxito said:

I did not like Ashoka, maybe one episode which I am not going to share since you haven't watched it. But I'll just say some of the action fighting scenes was eh to me. 

Did you see the trailer for echo? From what I've seen I look forward to it, and same with Daredevil. I was a bit worried with how he was portrayed in The Hulk. 

Ms Marvel, I'll watch maybe on Disney Plus. Apparently there is a surprise visit by someone. 

Gen v is a.promising show. I like it! Currently on episode three. 

Sad to hear about Ahsoka as was hoping Favreau being an EP would keep it good like Mando and Boba Fett

Echo looks intriguing as well as D'Nofrio is the man.

16 hours ago, Maxito said:

They just showed it in the last trailer that played on MNF last night.  Not enough to get anybody excited. Unless there's more than one cameo.  They gotta get butts in seats any way they can, like when the last Flash TV spots revealed Wonder Woman.  They knew it was gonna tank, so it was all hands on deck in the marketing to goose the box office.

Edited by justice98

16 hours ago, RabidFan said:

Sad to hear about Ahsoka as was hoping Favreau being an EP would keep it good like Mando and Boba Fett

Echo looks intriguing as well as D'Nofrio is the man.

Ahsoka is a love letter to Rebels fans. If you watched Rebels, you'll probably enjoy Ahsoka. 

Ms. Marvel was fantastic, IMHO. 

33 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

The Marvels (2023) is a stellar action packed film that also manages to be a musical and comedic film. Would strongly recommend.

Reviews are mid on RT (62) but I would give it more of an 80. Sets up the future with a very interesting mid-credit scene...

I thought it was just ok. It’s tracking to be lowest grossing Marvel film ever.