Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

11 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Clarence can’t carry a movie. 

Not only that, even though some major characters did have other individuals take up the mantle for originals, there's only a couple where folks move on and forget who the original was. 

Barry Allen as Flash is one, MCU is trippin if they think its okay to go forward and make multiple movies with Falcon being Captain America. 

If they gonna make an edit, have Clarence realize this and stop being Captain America because be can't live up to it, only way to make up for how bad this movie is going to be.

MCU needs to jus take a break and put their energy into getting XMen right.  Fn that up will be unforgivable.

Finished Loki. I though the last episode was great.

Marvel does have a problem, but it's also fixable. Look at movies like Thor 3 and Guardians and Black Panther. There is a formula there to have characters people are really into with visuals that are nuts, and it's not a top tier marvel character.

They want to "fix" Iron Heart? Do like the comics and have the voice in her suit be......an AI of Tony Start (RDJ) with a hologram visual of him talking to her. Pay the man.

They are bringing in Wolverine to Deadpool. Ok..... you know what would be cool for the current times? A Magneto Standalone with both Sir Ian and Fassenbender. Maybe like Old Man Logan, you have Magneto at the end of his life. Then flashing back to Fassenbender in the 60s doing some Nazi Hunting. I'd watch the **** out of that.

If Marvel grabbed Cavill for Captain Britain. I think he'd crush that role and make DC regret moving on from his Superman

They can fix this. I don't think they probably will and between the hits will be a bunch of stinkers. But, there is still stuff there.

It’s just really hard to go from starting with 3-5 characters originally and building connections to those characters while slowly building out from there. It scaled really well and the universe had a pace we could keep up with. Post endgame they started with like 20 characters and then for some bizarre reason, didnt ground the story with those characters and scale up but instead introduced like 10+ new characters hardly anyone knows or really cares about. Now in a couple years there are like 40 people and shows and movies constantly you need to try to keep up with and i don’t feel connected or engaged with any on of them. 

it also has to be said that a lot of this is probably due to Boseman’s death. He was setup to the de facto leader of the next era of the mcu and losing not only the character (should have been recast) but also Boseman’s likability and charisma has hurt their plans for post endgame 

On 11/9/2023 at 9:18 PM, ixcuincle said:

Good way to waste 90 minutes. Better than Love and Thunder by a long shot.

Love and Thunder legit made me yell at the theater it was so bad

I saw The Marvels and thought it was solid. It does fail to have a compelling villain, but its tighter runtime was refreshing and got a lot out of the characters. I was telling my wife that despite seeing Multiverse of Madness earlier this year I can’t really remember anything about it. But I’ll totally remember the singing planet bit in this movie. 

When it comes to Thor L&T I just wanted to watch the movie Christian Bale thought he was making. That was cool and then it’s spiraled into rom-com tropes and got noises. 

On 11/11/2023 at 11:05 PM, TheDoyler23 said:

When it comes to Thor L&T I just wanted to watch the movie Christian Bale thought he was making. That was cool and then it’s spiraled into rom-com tropes and got noises. 

Love and Thunder was particularly frustrating. It had its moments, a great, sympathetic villain, and then lost its aim and delved into just silliness.

I'm encouraged to see things getting dialed back and redone. I think there's still a lot of good quality out there, but people want to throw dirt on the empire so the focus is on the poor material. Which, admittedly, theres more than there used to be.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Has anyone been actively following the Jonathan Majors case. The news broke out that he was convicted but I see so much stuff online saying it was an injustice. 

Not following, but word that this might be the death blow.

Bad enough Marvel ain't calling it Kang Dynasty any more and black guy from Star Wars doesn't want to take his place.

Everything that could go wrong is going wrong for Marvel and MCU...they need to count they blessing and regroup, there's no need to rush into anything.

10 hours ago, Fergasun said:

I liked his acting.  But, there's too many good people to die on a hill for a conviction like that.  It was a jury trial. Hard to see it as a true injustice.  His ex-girlfriend testified against him too. 

Just unserious people saying unserious things.

After folIowing the case, I understand where some of those "unserious people" are coming from to a certain extent.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

wonder how the movies are affected by majors. he did a phenomenal job in the movies including Ant Man, but his legal troubles really throw the MCU into quite the quandary

are they like totally going to cancel him and pretend he isn't going to be the main villain anymore

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

After folIowing the case, I understand where some of those "unserious people" are coming from to a certain extent.

Would like to explain on this a bit.  It seems like the jury sided with "she said" in a "he-said - she-said" incident.  Granted, not all the charges stuck.

2 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Would like to explain on this a bit.  It seems like the jury sided with "she said" in a "he-said - she-said" incident.  Granted, not all the charges stuck.

To be honest, I thought the ex gf's case started falling apart under further examination.

But with that being said, by letter of the law Majors was technically guilty of the two lesser charges.

Prime example of two people in a toxic relationship.