Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

it will it will totally be worth breaking the immersion and storytelling of the MCU that has been built up over 14 years and 25+ movies while also simultaneously ruining one of the best superhero movies ever in Logan all so we can have some of those precious precious X-men Origin Wolverine jokes between Ryan and Hugh. Can’t wait 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I thought it was canon that Logan was set in a separate universe/continuity? They mention that no new mutants had been born in 25 years in it..so since 2004. And yet there are plenty young kids in the other Xmen movies (like in Days of Future Past which is set in 2023). 

They've never mentioned what is universe the foX-Men are in (see what I did there?). They've already established the Sony Spider Verse is in another universe and the X-Men 97 cartoon is in a different one as well, so, it'll be interesting to see how they incorporate it.

Just watched Love and Thunder. And you folks are full of ****. That was a great film. 

It was character revelation instead of one long fight scene. The near constant blending of high drama and humor. The Guardians were a good plus. The mixing of superheroes and gods and the mundane. 

Last few Marvels I've seen seemed to just be one huge CGI fight scene. This one did character. 

Would have been good if they had cut the GnR in half or more. 

23 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Does anyone else hear @Momma There Goes That Man posts in Zack Hample's whiney, I-didn't-get-to-catch-a-baseball voice? Just me? OK.

So they address all of your concerns here, minor swearing alert.

Probably just you since I doubt many people know the obscure baseball reference you are making. Still, I’m comfortable with my commitment to story telling and character/world building that is typically the basis of all of my criticism. And I am correct most of the time on this. Meanwhile, you are the equivalent of a 7year old on Halloween that just wants to shove as much candy into your mouth as possible regardless of the consequences. You can be happy with the fan service and fluff, I am fine being the adult in the room. 

That video is also a joke and clarifies nothing. Again,  a legitimate concern/question people have about a story and character that they love and it’s just a treated as a punchline. So this is off to a good start 

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Just watched Love and Thunder. And you folks are full of ****. That was a great film. 

It was character revelation instead of one long fight scene. The near constant blending of high drama and humor. The Guardians were a good plus. The mixing of superheroes and gods and the mundane. 

Last few Marvels I've seen seemed to just be one huge CGI fight scene. This one did character. 

I honestly dont disagree with you. Though it did have some cheesy xringe worthy moments.

Movie wise, Thor, Dr. Strange and Spider man were good, and definitely felt like they had direction and continuity. I have hopes for Ant-Man, and the last GOTG. I have extremely low expectations for the Marvels.

23 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I thought it was canon that Logan was set in a separate universe/continuity? They mention that no new mutants had been born in 25 years in it..so since 2004. And yet there are plenty young kids in the other Xmen movies (like in Days of Future Past which is set in 2023). 

Even if it is a separate universe wolverine, part of makes Logan so special is being the culmination of nearly 20 years of Jackman in that role. It’s a perfect sendoff for the actor and that character and in the meta sense you know you won’t see him again which makes the impact even greater, even watching years later. 

And now something that was actually special is gone so we can get some cheap laughs and dick jokes and suck up more money from fans 

2 minutes ago, Xameil said:

I honestly dont disagree with you. Though it did have some cheesy xringe worthy moments.

Movie wise, Thor, Dr. Strange and Spider man were good, and definitely felt like they had direction and continuity. I have hopes for Ant-Man, and the last GOTG. I have extremely low expectations for the Marvels.

My review a few pages back was pretty harsh on Thor L&T. After watching it again and knowing what to expect I appreciated the character moments more so I like it for that. I still think overall it’s pretty messy but the Thor character moments are worth it and the final 10 minutes are excellent. It makes me excited to see where they take the character from here. They could do a lot of fun things 

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Probably just you since I doubt many people know the obscure baseball reference you are making. Still, I’m comfortable with my commitment to story telling and character/world building that is typically the basis of all of my criticism. And I am correct most of the time on this. Meanwhile, you are the equivalent of a 7year old on Halloween that just wants to shove as much candy into your mouth as possible regardless of the consequences. You can be happy with the fan service and fluff, I am fine being the adult in the room. 

Adult....that pitches a fit every time someone comes out with something you find even remotely uninteresting or makes some obscure reference that invalidates your head-cannon. Yes, that's exactly how adults act. But yeah, you go on and think you're right. Whatever makes you feel good, Zack.

Considering the movie doesn't come out for over 2 years, like an "adult" you're jumping to conclusions you have absolutely no basis in any kind of fact, and whining, again, like an "adult". Meanwhile, me, an actual adult, found the reveal pretty funny, but am waiting to see what happens and how they actually develop the story before freaking out and mashing keyboard on website. Have they even started filming it yet?

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That video is also a joke and clarifies nothing. Again,  a legitimate concern/question people have about a story and character that they love and it’s just a treated as a punchline. So this is off to a good start 

OMG it's a joke and doesn't clarify anything? Really?! No. ****ing. ****. Thanks, Professor.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Larry said:

I liked L&T--but it was too much Waiti Weirdness. Jealous Stormbreaker got old...but there can never be too much GnR. I loved Christian Bale--such a great, creepy villian. I felt the try-too-hard comedy took away from his performance.

I also am not overly excited about The Marvels. I thought Ms. Marvel was ok, except for the reveal at the end. MCU has been fantastic teasing them and building them up over and over again. Again, we'll see how it goes.

38 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

I think Ramonda, the Queen of Wakanda is the new black panther.

Am I the only that is getting bored of having only women as super hero as of now from Marvel/Disney?

I get the will to have women on bigger roles, I am mostly welcoming that. But I think they're pushing it a bit too far here.

2 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Am I the only that is getting bored of having only women as super hero as of now from Marvel/Disney?

I get the will to have women on bigger roles, I am mostly welcoming that. But I think they're pushing it a bit too far here.

Huh, makes you wonder how women felt about the first ten years of the MCU?

4 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Such as? I mean Thor/Jane Foster followed the comic books. She Hulk is a longtime character.  Who else?

Edited by The Evil Genius

7 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Such as? I mean Thor/Jane Foster followed the comic books. She Hulk is a longtime character.  Who else?

Ms Marvel as well, ironhead coming, black panther being a girl (which, somehow is no big surprise), hawkeye going to girl, Wandavision...

1 hour ago, michiskin said:

Huh, makes you wonder how women felt about the first ten years of the MCU?

Not really,

In fact it's more about female characters being more bland than their male counterparts.

Just for comparison, with Hulk and She Hulk, I found the duality of Hulk and Bruce inner's fight way much more interesting to watch (and something Disney didn't work at all which is a shame really). Then you have She-Hulk. Woot, great, no problem mate... Tatiana Maslany is quite funny to watch, but other than that, there's not much behind it except the fact that she's jealous of She-Hulk. not much here... Take the Hawkeye serie and Hawkeye is way much more interesting to watch evolve than his female counterpart.

The only one that is really interesting lately was Wanda since Wandavision. But besides that, shows aren't bad, they are easy to watch but character wise, not much to see. Black Widow? Another great personnality to feel for and like.

But everybody else? Really lacks in the character department, and whoever ends up with the Black Panther suits is more than likely to be another "meh" character.

Nothing close to Loki or Moon Knight level type of character.