Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

8 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Watched the first episode of She Hulk. I liked it. Actually pretty funny.

It was review bombed, but it’s actually not bad. I think people didn’t like they changed the She Hulk origin.

"But that's NOT what happened in the COMIC BOOOOOKS!!!" 

The 1st two episodes were pretty good--Tatiana Maslany is really likeable as Jennifer Walters, she and Mark Ruffalo had great timing and chemistry. It's well written too:

Spoiler

"I'm a completely different person...LITERALLY!" Made me almost spit out my drink.

11 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Watched the first episode of She Hulk. I liked it. Actually pretty funny.

It was review bombed, but it’s actually not bad. I think people didn’t like they changed the She Hulk origin.

I liked it too.  Mark Ruffalo could have potent screen chemistry with an anime pillow.

It got review bombed because it's unabashedly feminist and the people/bots who review bomb these works are the type of misogynistic degenerates whose girlfriends are anime pillows.

• Haha 2

Its....fine. Its nothing special but it'll be good enough to keep you watching and they're gonna make all these shows/mini series relevant to the main MCU so you kinda have to watch them.

Tatiana Maslany is bae for life though. I'd watch her in anything.

5 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

The 1st two episodes were pretty good--Tatiana Maslany is really likeable as Jennifer Walters, she and Mark Ruffalo had great timing and chemistry. It's well written too:

Hide contents

She was amazing in Orphan Black so I expected good things from She-Hulk.

• Like 1

Agree with the She-Hulk comments above. Really enjoying it. The cameos are perfect and just add to it all. It is very well wrtten too. Love that they are using the Deadpool formula of obliterating the 4th wall.

In general Ive liked almost all of the shows theyve done. Only 1 or 2 were unwatchable for me.

13 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Love and Thunder was a bit of mess but it had its moments and the last 10-15 minutes were great. They put a lot of heart into the end and set things up nicely for the future to take Thor in a new direction. 

Bro, it was a comic book movie for kids with gay parents 

• 2 weeks later...

I hate it. Deadpool is going to kill the MCU imo. And Hugh Jackman’s wolverine is ****ing dead. And died kinda perfectly. Why ruin that even if it ends up being a multiverse wolverine? And then you have a fan favorite beloved Wolverine officially in the MCU for one appearance and then has to be recast anyway? 

just seems like a bad idea all around just for a handful of potential jokes 

33 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I hate it. Deadpool is going to kill the MCU imo. And Hugh Jackman’s wolverine is ****ing dead. And died kinda perfectly. Why ruin that even if it ends up being a multiverse wolverine? And then you have a fan favorite beloved Wolverine officially in the MCU for one appearance and then has to be recast anyway? 

You kick puppies dont you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Simmer down, Momma, didn't Wolverine die in the future in Logan?

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

You kick puppies dont you?

no puppies are great. This is not 

52 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Simmer down, Momma, didn't Wolverine die in the future in Logan?

that’s not the MCU’s future timeline tho. It can’t be. 

It’s just unnecessary and lowers the stakes quite a bit. Like he died. That story is told. Bring a new wolverine in if you want to put Logan in deadpool. Why use Jackman? 

i also hate the idea of Deadpool in the MCU. I don’t know why the character can’t exist and rip on marvel if it wants but they don’t need to have him interacts with other MCU characters. Why destroy the immersion, characters, and world you’ve built for a joke movie?

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It’s just unnecessary and lowers the stakes quite a bit. Like he died. That story is told. Bring a new wolverine in if you want to put Logan in deadpool. Why use Jackman? 

i also hate the idea of Deadpool in the MCU. I don’t know why the character can’t exist and rip on marvel if it wants but they don’t need to have him interacts with other MCU characters. Why destroy the immersion, characters, and world you’ve built for a joke movie?

The MCU is stale now...Deadpool would only help revive it. And Deadpool is just meta enough and self-referential enough so that Wolverine being alive in it will probably make for some excellent jokes if nothing else.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

The MCU is stale now...Deadpool would only help revive it. And Deadpool is just meta enough and self-referential enough so that Wolverine being alive in it will probably make for some excellent jokes if nothing else.

at first I was thinking "Ok, this is obviously before "Logan" as a possible future. But it would be cool if it were that dark. But in the comics with Logan/Wade, while super violent like Logan tearing DP into two pieces to fit through a jailcell door, it was still DP joking and Wolvie being annoyed with him.

So, it could be cool.

What I really really want is a stand alone Magneto. Maybe Sir Ian on his deathbed flashing back to FasseNeto as a younger Mutant hunting more Nazis or saving other Mutants or whatever. Something that ties together to whatever is happening with him dying. But that I want to be "Logan" dark. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Nope...you kick puppies.

Jackman HAS to be in Deadpool. The potential for jokes is limitless because of their history together.

Just because Deadpool is in the MCU it does not necessarily mean hes going to stop making fun of them.

Ryan Reynolds has already been razzing on disney as well as other MCU acters/characters.

They also brought the original 2 writers back, so I feel even more confident in that Deadpool 3 will not skip a beat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1