Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Don't get he wrong, I think Driver is a fantastic actor. I just think Krasinski looks more like my version of Reed Richards.

I agree, he's talented but such a casting would be really off the mark. I'm honestly tired of seeing the same actors being shared or reused through Disney properties, it's lazy and uninspired.

• Like 1

Marvel Studios has hit big on like 90% of their casting choices.  I have faith that they'll be the ones to finally get the FF right.  Richards is a tough call, and he's my favorite marvel character so I hope they nail it with him.  But the one that makes or breaks the franchise IMO is Ben Grimm.  That is THE essential FF role and the other crap adaptations always treated him like a dumb broody sidekick, which is just completely wrong and fundamentally misunderstands the characters and dynamics of the FF.  Ben Grimm is the lead personality of the FF, he's Reed's best friend, and he's the funniest and most iconic character in Silver Age marvel.  He was the vehicle of Stan Lee's wit when he was at his writing peak, and that needs to be what they build the heart of the FF around in the film adaptation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I don't really care that much for Fantastic Four either, BUT I do think Dr. Doom is an awesome villain and you're not gonna get Doom without FF.

All about Doom. for the Fantastic Four, they need to go the way Spidey Homecoming opened. He's already Spiderman. We don't need that story. If they want to do SOMETHING, put as a very short side deal either in another comic movie, or the credits.

Wakanda Forever is now streaming on Disney+ and this rabid Marvel fan has not seen it yet. Can't wait to get home from work and put it on. Namor is my all-time fave comic anti-hero so it will be interesting to see the changes they've made to the character. I bristled at first when I found out it won't be a "canon" version of the Sub-Mariner, but I also have a fetish for ancient civilizations like the Maya, Inca, and Aztec so at least they morphed him into something I already appreciated. 

(None of this is "need to know" info for you guys but I can't contain my excitement. Carry on, folks.)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This will be the first Marvel movie I see on Opening Weekend since...."Thor: Love and Thunder" -- but Thor and Spiderman are the only other 2 in this "Phase" I saw.  I guess Black Widow on Disney Plus also counts.

To put it another way.  Between "Winter Soldier" and "Far From Home" my family watched 15 straight Marvel movies on release weekend. 

I reviewed what other people think and they seem to think it's well deserving of the 50% mark. I honestly thought the movie was fine but once more people see it we'll see what happens. Honestly it's a good movie. Just go see it and judge for yourself, don't listen to the haters. Make up your own mind

• 3 weeks later...