Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

14 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Daredevil has finally returned in the latest episode of She Hulk.

Don’t think I like his new suit though.

Yeah the suit is ugly, but **** yeah, Daredevil is back. Might have to rewatch the Netflix series before the reboot next year.

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yeah the suit is ugly, but **** yeah, Daredevil is back. Might have to rewatch the Netflix series before the reboot next year.

I hope Disney doesn’t take away what made the original show by watering it down for the reboot. Also hope there’s at least 8-10 episodes.

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I hope Disney doesn’t take away what made the original show by watering it down for the reboot. Also hope there’s at least 8-10 episodes.

Yeah the one thing I worried about Disney is taking away the "grittiness" of the Netflix series. I hope it's at least a strong PG13 level content.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to finishing She-Hulk. I just don't get that final episode. The show started strong, but just seemed kind of aimless--the last episode was just...confusing. The Daredevil was way too happy-smiley too, went against the Netflix character too much as well.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 5:47 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

It's supposed to be 18 episodes, which is a lot for Disney so I guess that could be spread across 2 - 3 seasons. I believe DD is going to make an appearance in Echo as well. Unfortunately, I think it's more of a "reboot" than a follow on to the Netflix series, so the tone will probably change. 

• 3 weeks later...

Wakanda Forever gets an A-.  I like the movie.  It's a smidge below Black Panther but still is a great movie. Probably could've been a little shorter though; it's runtime is 2:41. I loved how they address the death of T'Challa and paying tribute to Chadwick Boseman.  There's one mid credits scene.  I sense a third Black Panther.   

Spoiler

Shuri is the new Black Panther. You knew she would be the one.

I do wonder how different the movie would've been had Chadwick still been alive to film it. I think it would've been a little different movie, had he been able to film it.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2022 at 11:27 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

The Gaurdians of the Galaxy Xmas special is now on Disney+.

It was ok.

It’s a Christmas special so the bar is set real low (at least it is for me). It had a few bright spots though, like that alien Christmas song.  “🎵I don’t know what Christmas is but Christmas time is here🎵”.  Worth watching, but not great.  

• 1 month later...

I guess that should be posted here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2023/01/02/jeremy-renner-snow-plow-accident/

Actor Jeremy Renner is in “critical but stable” condition after a “weather-related” accident in Nevada as he was plowing snow, a representative for the star said.

Renner, 51, is surrounded by his family and “is receiving excellent care” after the incident early Sunday, Sam Mast said in an email.

Deputies responded to “a traumatic injury” in the area of Mount Rose Highway near Reno around 9 a.m. Sunday, the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement, adding that Renner was the only person involved. He was flown to a hospital, and the sheriff’s office said it is looking into the circumstances of the incident.

Renner has hailed his cabin near Lake Tahoe as an escape from his intense Hollywood lifestyle. There has been heavy snowfall at the mountain retreat in recent weeks as deadly storms swept the United States.

“The storm train continues,” the National Weather Service’s Reno station tweeted Sunday after the city recorded 9 inches of snow on New Year’s Eve — its highest daily total for the date. The Nevada Department of Transportation tweeted Saturday night that sections of Mount Rose Highway had been closed because of the snow.

On social media, many expressed well wishes for the two-time Oscar nominee, who starred in “The Hurt Locker” and “The Town,” along with Marvel’s Avengers franchise, in which he played Clint Barton — also known as Hawkeye.

Renner currently plays Mike McLusky in the thriller series “Mayor of Kingstown.”

Quite sad to hear and read about. Hopefully, he'll be able to survive and recover, even if odds aren't looking good so far.

• Sad 1