Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

On 5/17/2022 at 6:10 PM, The Evil Genius said:

I'm conflicted on this trailer. There is a lot of good...and some very cringe.

I know nothing about the comic book. Is this how she-hulk is?

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I know nothing about the comic book. Is this how she-hulk is?

She's definitely very sexually aggressive in the modern version. Sounds like Disney is treating this as a comedy. The cgi looks unfinished to me though. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 1

On 5/20/2022 at 1:25 AM, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

That she hulk trailer looked god awful. 

We may be seeing a situation where the CGI isn't completely finished yet. Sort of like "Pink Thanos" in the early Infinity War trailer. (Although the She-Hulk trailer is "official" so...) 😟

However- I don't know if you ever watched Orphan Black but Tatiana Maslani is fantastic. Dynamic range with a nose for comedy. Very good actor. I'm holding my pessimism until I see her in this because she alone can carry a series. Fingers crossed! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chachie said:

We may be seeing a situation where the CGI isn't completely finished yet. Sort of like "Pink Thanos" in the early Infinity War trailer. (Although the She-Hulk trailer is "official" so...) 😟

However- I don't know if you ever watched Orphan Black but Tatiana Maslani is fantastic. Dynamic range with a nose for comedy. Very good actor. I'm holding my pessimism until I see her in this because she alone can carry a series. Fingers crossed! 

Jameela Jamil as Titania also suggests we are getting more comedy than normal from this series. 

Also suggests we will get a Dr. Doom shout out or two. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, TK said:

In 3 hours, the Kenobi finale, the 3rd episode of Ms Marvel, & Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness all drop on Disney+ ....

Doctor Strang 2 already on Disney +?

Seriously?

Mine added Endgame like a month or two ago. There's a three years gap in it! No Black Widow, Eternals, Sang Chi or Spidey 3 on it...

56297044a78e07cc95ed763eb9382907.gif

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I know, we do have a law for that kind of things...

Survival of the Fittest?

8sUl.gif

Seriously, though, are there different subscription levels? I watched Shang Chi the other day

Edited by Riggo#44

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Seriously, though, are there different subscription levels? I watched Shang Chi the other day

No, that's related to french law and media chronology that is supposed to protect movies theaters, DVD sellers and such...

So there's a 17 months span between movie coming out in theaters and this same movie hitting Disney +.

A few months ago it was 36 months...

I don't know about you, but I haven't seen the first Iron Man on it, and I'm wondering why.

1 minute ago, Wildbunny said:

No, that's related to french law and media chronology that is supposed to protect movies theaters, DVD sellers and such...

So there's a 17 months span between movie coming out in theaters and this same movie hitting Disney +.

A few months ago it was 36 months...

I don't know about you, but I haven't seen the first Iron Man on it, and I'm wondering why.

Well That Sucks GIFs | Tenor

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

This movie was straight trash!!!!!!

one of the worst phase 4 movies yet, if it wasn’t for externals being so bad, Thor 4 would take its spot.

Yeah it was odd in several ways. First, Natalie Portman phoned it in. Her character and Thor still have zero chemistry on screen. Second, the pacing and themes are all over the place. My third gripe is who is the intended audience? Kids or adults? Some scenes were made for kids but other scenes were not appropriate at all, imo.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I liked the show. That’s probably it for the series though the character will be in other marvel projects.

Liked the bonus scene.

Yeah, they said they’re in the post credit scene that miss marvel will return in the upcoming movie The Marvels.

Yeah I didn’t like Thor much either. It was entertaining and fun. If it weren’t for Hemsworth and his natural  charisma this would have been an outright disaster tho. 

Spoiler

this movie was all over the place. The pacing felt off from the start. Important moments are glossed over, characters come and go, there is no time to breathe. You never get a chance to stop. It always takes the Thor character reboot from Ragnarok and cranks it up to 100 to where no Thor is just a goofball and a joke. He felt like dragonball super version of Goku that’s just an idiot. Even in serious moments he’s just feels silly. 

The main issue tho is that the the plot is a mess and really feels like things were just made up on the fly. I think the mcu has jumped the shark officially here in phase 4. So much of this movie just didn’t make sense. You can’t introduce universe altering characters and entities that grant magical wishes like dragonballz and not wonder why did nobody think of these things when Thanos was around? Why would the bifrost be the key to opening this magical door? How does anyone even know that? When did Mjolnir and Stormbreaker become sentient beings that have emotions like the magic carpet in Aladdin or Strange’ cloak? Why was Jane worthy, was it because Thor once asked Mjolnir to protect her and it listened? If that’s the case why was wielding Mijolnir the thing that was killing her?

zeus’ lightning bolt made no sense either. 4 people get directly stabbed with it and not a thing happens to any of them. There was no point in even getting this magical powerful weapon, it didn’t do anything except somehow act as a bifrost to transport Thor around which again, how did anyone know it could do that? Powers also came and went as the plot needed rather than remain consistent. 

it’s just too much, too big and made too little sense. To use this comparison again, phase 4 of the MCU feels like dragonball super. Once you introduce other dimensions and literal gods/eternals etc it all feels kinda pointless now and stakes are gone . They could get around that by telling tight personal stories which is probably why No Way Home is the best of phase 4 but even then, it’s hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube. What stops Thor from going and making a magic wish anytime something bad happens now? It can resurrect the dead lol. Or now the entire Greek pantheon and Roy Kent are after him? 

nothing feels connected in phase 4 beyond strange mentioning a Spider-Man incident. Like could somebody maybe comment on the eternal that’s sticking out of the ocean when earth was almost ripped apart or the massive planet sized eternal that showed up Then disappeared? We’ve had as many solo movies in phase 4 as we had in phases 1-2 and nothing feels connected or like it’s going anywhere. I know they have to build it back up again and Infinity War/Endgame we’re probably  once in a lifetime high that will never be replicated again but this just seems like it’s gotten away from them. 

On the other hand, the goats were hilarious 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man