Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The trailer is incorrect anyway. Sandman didn’t die. He left. Lizard didn’t die, he was healed. And electro is never shown to die either. 

my prediction based on the trailer 

Spoiler

When Strange is on top of the tower and saying he can’t stop more from coming is when the other Spider-man characters appear. And when MJ falls, it will be Garfield version of Spider-Man that will save her which would be appropriate given what happened in his movie. That will be his introduction. Mcu Peter won’t be able to get there but we will see a web grab her and save her and camera pan to show Garfield’s Spider-Man was the one that caught her. 

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The trailer is incorrect anyway. Sandman didn’t die. He left. Lizard didn’t die, he was healed. And electro is never shown to die either. 

my prediction based on the trailer 

Reveal hidden contents

When Strange is on top of the tower and saying he can’t stop more from coming is when the other Spider-man characters appear. And when MJ falls, it will be Garfield version of Spider-Man that will save her which would be appropriate given what happened in his movie. That will be his introduction. Mcu Peter won’t be able to get there but we will see a web grab her and save her and camera pan to show Garfield’s Spider-Man was the one that caught her. 

Spoiler

The trailer shows it was Garfield's hand and suit that was reaching, so that MJ theory is probably correct.

25 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Reveal hidden contents

The trailer shows it was Garfield's hand and suit that was reaching, so that MJ theory is probably correct.

on second look I don’t think that’s right. The hand matches this but it’s a takeout like Hulk in Wakanda 

A7E3BF53-8C0E-4640-841B-5362AF1F5ADB.thumb.jpeg.1292b13394f71b60b782c67dfe68e3cf.jpegF2A30F2F-3244-47F7-934D-8F47F756625A.thumb.jpeg.0e342e55f4f72173b392d923ea5becd8.jpeg

also that suit looks cool but the head doesn’t fit and looks way out of place 

43 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Holland is fantastic.  The kid has once in a generation charisma and steals scenes in ensemble films with the biggest and most bankable leading men in the industry.

I disagree. I think he’s just given funny lines to say and joke moments at the expense of his character.  He doesn’t have anywhere near the screen presence of any of the other male avengers like Downey, Evans, Hemsworth, Boseman, Cumberbatch or even Pratt even in their earliest MCU films. I’d add ScarJo too.  They could all carry their own movies, Holland can’t. Or at least whoever is in charge has never asked him to or wanted him to, which I think is telling. Those other actors could also could quip and joke while keeping the gravitas of those characters in tact and I haven’t seen any examples Holland can in his role. He’s just Spider-Man so he’s instantly likable because everybody loves that character and the MCU. 

On 11/25/2021 at 2:00 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

The 1st 2 episodes of Hawkeye is available.  I liked it.

I love the low stakes.  I hope it stays that way.  There’s an unwritten rule in fantasy writing that the universe has to be at risk for the story to work, and it’s nice to change things up once in a while. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

ScarJo has a screen presence? lol. She ain’t a leading woman and the failure of her solo movies proves it.

I don’t know how you even dare to compare her with Downey or Boseman. 

I didn’t compare or equate them, just noted that she has it which is more than Holland. Watch Avengers 1 or TWS etc. You don’t think she has screen presence there? She’s often overshadowed by the others in the MCU of course but it’s still there. Or in Jojo Rabbit, Marriage Story, or other movies she’s in. I don’t care that she’s done some poorly written and directed action movies that bombed, I don’t think that speaks to her screen presence. 

I disagree. I don’t think she has much of any screen presence in the Avengers. what’s her most memorable moment in the avengers? Fake crying to Loki? Which I personally rolled my eyes at. That or posing with the rest of the avengers??

The winter solider is different because she is the deuteragonist, she better have a presence in that movie. But it wasn’t like she stole the show, Anthony Mack did. 

compare ScarJo in Ironman II to Samuel Jackson in the same movie. I think that is what screen presence about. The difference in charisma between the two actors is crazy. 

i disagree with Tom holland not having much of a screen presence in marvel movies (obviously not including his own marvel movies) but I also believe he wasn’t written well in the avengers movies or civil war. But he did quite well with joking with other characters in civil war and the other movies.

I think they were going for a kid who was well over his head and they nailed that. Plus his death due to the snap was incredibly impactful to Tony, which was eventually lead Tony to fix everything. you think ScarJo dying in Tony’s hands is anywhere near impactful as Tom Holland dying? Even ScarJo dying in the second movie, did anyone really care? 

14 hours ago, Destino said:

I love the low stakes.  I hope it stays that way.  There’s an unwritten rule in fantasy writing that the universe has to be at risk for the story to work, and it’s nice to change things up once in a while. 

I want D'Onofrio Kingpin or I riot.

And by riot I mean sit in my desk chair and mumble inaudibly under my breath.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

21 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

He’s just Spider-Man so he’s instantly likable because everybody loves that character and the MCU. 

Everyone loves Spider-Man because he's energetic and boyish and sweet and relatable and funny and charming and self-deprecating and the neighborhood level superhero--which is exactly what Tom Holland is.  He is perfect for the character, he is infinitely more charismatic and entertaining and likable than the previous actors cast in the role, and his movies are so much better than the previous entries.  You know who was a lame ass Spider-Man?  ****boy skater douche Andrew Garfield.  Peter Parker is NEVER supposed to be cool, and Garfield thinks he is.  Candy assed aughtsy emo Tobey Maguire Spider-Man was lame too.

And yeah, the MCU Spider-Man films have better supporting casts, villains, sidekicks, bit parts and all.  Because they are much better movies.  Better stories, better acting, better writing.  And they are better even while being constrained within the context of a much larger franchise and performing storytelling service for it.  A franchise where Holland routinely shares the screen with most of the best leading men in Hollywood and provides some of the most memorable sequences.  He absolutely has range too, his character provides the heart for infinity war, his action scenes are thrilling, and his scenes with Michael Keaton are chilling and utterly compelling.  I can remember Holland's Spider-Man desperately trying to keep a huge ferry together or save his friends from danger at the Washington monument or fighting an elemental monster in Venice.  You know what I can't remember?  A single interesting action set piece from any of the Sony Spider-Man movies.

@stevemcqueen1 you trippin concerning not remembering anything about the sony movies, im old enough to remember when Spiderman 2 with Dr. Oct being considered the best superhero movie of all time when it came out. This is before Batman Begins came out, its still a 93 on rotten tomatoes.

Ive said this before and ill say it again, im tired of Spider-Boy, wheres Spider-Man?  I grew up with the 90s cartoon on fox saturday mornings, he was a grown ass man already bangin Mary Jane.  The idea of three more movies with teenager storylines doesnt excite me at all.

And what happened to the vulture having nothing to do with sucking peoples life force in the homecoming? I like Keaton, but that wasnt the vulture, they had too much going on in that movie that they couldnt fit it in and that bothered me.  I still havent been able to get through far from home, but i will before my sister drags me to see no way home, tried twice.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2021 at 7:36 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Everyone loves Spider-Man because he's energetic and boyish and sweet and relatable and funny and charming and self-deprecating and the neighborhood level superhero--which is exactly what Tom Holland is.  He is perfect for the character, he is infinitely more charismatic and entertaining and likable than the previous actors cast in the role, and his movies are so much better than the previous entries.  You know who was a lame ass Spider-Man?  ****boy skater douche Andrew Garfield.  Peter Parker is NEVER supposed to be cool, and Garfield thinks he is.  Candy assed aughtsy emo Tobey Maguire Spider-Man was lame too.

And yeah, the MCU Spider-Man films have better supporting casts, villains, sidekicks, bit parts and all.  Because they are much better movies.  Better stories, better acting, better writing.  And they are better even while being constrained within the context of a much larger franchise and performing storytelling service for it.  A franchise where Holland routinely shares the screen with most of the best leading men in Hollywood and provides some of the most memorable sequences.  He absolutely has range too, his character provides the heart for infinity war, his action scenes are thrilling, and his scenes with Michael Keaton are chilling and utterly compelling.  I can remember Holland's Spider-Man desperately trying to keep a huge ferry together or save his friends from danger at the Washington monument or fighting an elemental monster in Venice.  You know what I can't remember?  A single interesting action set piece from any of the Sony Spider-Man movies.

I agree with most of what you said but not that last sentence. Greatest Spider-Man scene was Tobey Spider-Man fighting Otto at the train and stopping the train from toppling over.