Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN - Report: Joe Barry to be named Redskins' defensive coordinator

HapHaszard

Please let it fall through and we get someone else. Anyone else. Anyone at all. I'll high-five Raheem and wish the man luck if Raheem gets it, just not Joe Barry. Please.

I'm the opposite Dog.

I'd be made up with him. It just adds another nail to Grudens coffin and embarress's those that backed him for the sake of 'persecution.'

2015 for me is all about watching Mac set out with the rebuild. And looking forward to a complete Coaching clear out of the dead brains this time next year. I can HAPPILY take another woeful year for that.

Lot of long term positives in this move.

Hail.

Good. Rather have that. Love the people complaining. Like this is the reason we will be bad right... It is not someone we know so its automatically a bad move (because you know the high name guys we bring in has worked out so well).

Let it play out, get more talent on the defense and let's see what happens

youd rather have a guy who hasnt been a coordinator since 2008 because his defenses were that terrible?  what resume does this guy have?  hes been a LB coach for years, and hes buddys with gruden and allen.  its not even like he had a successful stint as d coordinator. 

i was expecting a guy with a resume and a proven scheme, because right now our players arent gonna make up for a bad scheme.  so now were stuck with bad players and a guy whos never run a good defense. 

You misguidingly thought wrong.

The decision on his staff is ALL on Gruden.

Mac has made that abundantly clear.

Hail.

I'm seeing reports that inside sources are not ready to confirm this but if it's true, we're off to another humiliating era. I'm exhausted.

Hell.

Good. Rather have that. Love the people complaining. Like this is the reason we will be bad right... It is not someone we know so its automatically a bad move (because you know the high name guys we bring in has worked out so well).

I don't think you understand how "measured" and  "reasonable" is regarded around here.  :P

What you want to do is try to tie almost every post you make (and you have to make a lot of them weekly) in every thread to hating on Robert or Jay or loving on Robert and hating on Jay (no one is loving on Jay these days).  :P

Yes!  Because this front office has a track record of hiring the successful "unknowns"...the under-the-radar guys, right?

Oh please...the "let's see what happens" approach is a lame one.  How about hiring a guy based off of...you know...results?  That would be a nice start for a franchise that has won 7 freakin games in 2 years.  Not the guy who led one of the worst defensive units in NFL HISTORY, not once but twice. 

Very underwhelmed if true.

"Will Wink - Strong Free?". I suppose it might be a bit better than Haslett's "Won't Win 'cos the TEs Free!"

Anyone have a link of this defense against the run?

Typical Washington Redskin move.

Yes!  Because this front office has a track record of hiring the successful "unknowns"...the under-the-radar guys, right?

Oh please...the "let's see what happens" approach is a lame one.  How about hiring a guy based off of...you know...results?  That would be a nice start for a franchise that has won 7 freakin games in 2 years.  Not the guy who led one of the worst defensive units in NFL HISTORY, not once but twice. 

Actually, the Redskins have a record of hiring guys with track records for the past two decades.  Guys who have had lots of success elsewhere.  That success has never translated with wins for us.

Really guys, step away from the ledge.

Hilarious that Joe Barry was the coaches son in law, and got dogged about it by the media. Like Kyle, like Jay, now smoking Joe Barry; I think we know how they got great jobs at such young ages, with very thin resumes.

Somehow, they all end up here, too.

#AllinTheFamily

hqdefault.jpg

Im a little confused if this is true... But I don't know very much about the guy so I will wait to pass judgment. Jay is supposed to be making the call on his coordinators so there must be something that he really likes about the guy. Don't think he would be willing to risk his job if he didn't think the guy could get the job done.... Hail

Try being one of the younger fans who only know the Snyder era, I can vageuly remember my dad celebrating the 91 SB win...pretty sure I was playing Sonic on Sega Genesis when that happened.

Sounds like my daughter who is a huge fan thanks to her dad, all she really knows is Snyder owning the team. My condolences go out to both of you!

Having an inexperienced Jay Gruden as head coach, an inexperienced Sean McVay as OC, and now an inexperienced Joe Barry as DC makes me a little nervous. So now Raheem Morris is now the only other coach on the entire roster with any former NFL head coaching experience, and  only 3 seasons at that.  There are so many little details about running a team that Jay might not know about, and a more seasoned guy... maybe a Wade Phillips... could help him with that. 

I don't mind seeking out the up-and-comers from the coaching ranks, but I think it's good to have some seasoned guys sprinkled in.  As it stands now, the kids are running the show. 

Archived