Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN - Report: Joe Barry to be named Redskins' defensive coordinator

HapHaszard

So Fangio said he would not stay in San Fran if he or Shanahan were not hired as head coach. Mike was just fired by us so what makes anyone think Fangio would come here?

money!!! money!!! money!!!.........Just  kidding. I would hope he would want to come here, and not just for a payday!!!.

with enough reports coming out that he has, it might as well be official. I fully expect him to get the job, now it's time to see what he can do.

Haven't seen one tweet/report about joe Barry in the last 3 hours since fangio has been let go in SF. Earlier in the day the reports about joe Barry being our DC were retracted

its not official until Dianna Russini has spoken to here snitch in the Redskins HQ building and verified it. There is somebody in that building who gives out information that shouldn't be giving it out and Russini snuggles up to him...or her. So until she says Barry is hired....he ain't hired.

its not official until Dianna Russini has spoken to here snitch in the Redskins HQ building and verified it. There is somebody in that building who gives out information that shouldn't be giving it out and Russini snuggles up to him...or her. So until she says Barry is hired....he ain't hired.

Stop! :lol:

In less than 20 minutes, Redskins One is will be approaching the runway of San Francisco International Airport. Vic Fagio is in the VIP lounge currently with a Vodka and Tonic........relax....everything is going as planned.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you're just joking. But if it were true, I'd love that.

Barry was part of the Lions team that went 0-16 in '08.

Wonderful.

Yeah, but Rod Marinelli was the head coach and supposedly ran the defense on that team. And Marinelli has done a great job with a pile of crap on defense in Dallas. I don't know if he is the hire, and if he is then I am pretty underwhelmed. But people change, people learn from their experiences. 

In less than 20 minutes, Redskins One is will be approaching the runway of San Francisco International Airport. Vic Fagio is in the VIP lounge currently with a Vodka and Tonic........relax....everything is going as planned.

Interesting story from NinersNation: http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/1/14/7548393/vic-fangio-not-expected-to-remain-as-49ers-defensive-coordinator-per

Looks like Redskins One better get there ASAP!  I hope the cargo hold can fit all of the cash it may take to bring him here! 

falling2-money.jpg

I'm worried this "He's not officially hired yet!" bit is basically the same we saw with Scot, where it got picked up by media, some reports popped up that it wasn't done, and then a day later it happened.

Bracing for impact over these next few days.

The verbiage was different though - With McLoughan, it was not "official"... with Barry, it hasn't been "offered"...  Not sure it's the same scenario.  I'm still holding out hope for an 11th hour steal of Fangio from the 49ers.  

Whoever we end up hiring, can we please give him a chance to suck before we condemn him to sucking?

One other thing, does anyone truly believe that the Washington Redskins actually give a flying c**p about what we think. If I for one second believed that we at ES have any influence on the decisions this team makes i would absolutely toss my Redskin FanCard in the shredder.

HTTR!

While I would prefer Fangio to Barry, obviously, I am still not sure why people are as jazzed about him.

He has generally had average defenses until the Niners.   His system seems very simple to me where he allows very, very, very good players to play and dominate.   Like in Seattle.   He doesn't strike me as an innovator.   He did produce great overall defense in San Francisco, but, that team was loaded.   

Again, I like him more than Barry, but he'd be no higher than third on my list of preferred options.   Schwartz and Wade top that.

Whoever we end up hiring, can we please give him a chance to suck before we condemn him to sucking?

One other thing, does anyone truly believe that the Washington Redskins actually give a flying c**p about what we think. If I for one second believed that we at ES have any influence on the decisions this team makes i would absolutely toss my Redskin FanCard in the shredder.

HTTR!

ACTUALLY...they better give a damn what we think, because the fans pay for their salaries. Did you check out the Redskins fans ATTENDANCE in the last game. Maybe you didn't notice it....but I can promise you Snyder saw it.

While I would prefer Fangio to Barry, obviously, I am still not sure why people are as jazzed about him.

He has generally had average defenses until the Niners. His system seems very simple to me where he allows very, very, very good players to play and dominate. Like in Seattle. He doesn't strike me as an innovator. He did produce great overall defense in San Francisco, but, that team was loaded.

Again, I like him more than Barry, but he'd be no higher than third on my list of preferred options. Schwartz and Wade top that.

All well and good, but I think most of Redskins Nation would be happy just to crawl up from the questionable hire of Joe Barry.

It doesn't appear to me though that the team has even put out feelers now that Schwartz and Fangio have come available.

They don't seem at all interested in Phillips.

Not sure why you ask permission, get denied, and then when they open up, you don't go and try to get those guys.

Hoping that's why Barry was suddenly put on hold. Wishful thinking.

He has generally had average defenses until the Niners.   His system seems very simple to me where he allows very, very, very good players to play and dominate.   Like in Seattle.   He doesn't strike me as an innovator.   He did produce great overall defense in San Francisco, but, that team was loaded.   

Again, I like him more than Barry, but he'd be no higher than third on my list of preferred options.   Schwartz and Wade top that.

Art I would rather see Barry because Fagio would just take the job until he gets a HC job and then the Skins need to start over again. This is a team that needs to start thinking in terms of keeping the same systems for decades and not months.

All well and good, but I think most of Redskins Nation would be happy just to crawl up from the questionable hire of Joe Barry.

It doesn't appear to me though that the team has even put out feelers now that Schwartz and Fangio have come available.

They don't seem at all interested in Phillips.

Not sure why you ask permission, get denied, and then when they open up, you don't go and try to get those guys.

Hoping that's why Barry was suddenly put on hold. Wishful thinking.

Point taken, though, technically Fangio hasn't come available.

I am perplexed on the Schwartz thing though.  No clue why Dan wouldn't be giving him a hand job right now at Redskins Park if it would help get him.

Art I would rather see Barry because Fagio would just take the job until he gets a HC job and then the Skins need to start over again. This is a team that needs to start thinking in terms of keeping the same systems for decades and not months.

You have a valid, thoughtful point.

It would be good to get a young guy who is likely to stick around and help build something, but, bear in mind, Fangio's stock has never been higher than it is today given that defense.   And his own team didn't hire him.   If the Redskins have Fangio and we rock the world, Fangio will likely move on.   But, the same can be said if Barry or any young hot assistant gets a job.   That guy will be gone just as quick and LIKELY more quick as teams like younger head coaches they can build around.

Fangio isn't exactly young.   He might actually have a better chance of sticking around.

Except Barry sucks so you'd be advocating they keep a crappy system for decades.

Fangio comes in, sets up a successful system, and then we elevate one of the coaches that worked under him to continue the system. That's what the 49ers did, that's what the Steelers did and have done, that's what GOOD organizations typically do: they promote from within a successful system. Fangio brings a successful system, and if he leaves in a year we have coaches that worked under him and can continue the system. We wouldn't be starting over again. In fact, we have Olivadotti who many are very high on. Give him a year under Fangio and I'd bet he'd be a solid heir as DC.

But hire Barry, have a lousy D and watch him and Gruden both likely get fired in December, and THEN we'll truly be restarting. Well on second though, if that were to happen then maybe Barry would be a good hire lol.

In all seriousness, with Fangio, Wade, and Schwartz out there, and Gruden is choosing Barry, then Gruden doesn't have what it takes to be a good HC.

Archived