Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN - Report: Joe Barry to be named Redskins' defensive coordinator

HapHaszard

Chris Russell still adamant Barry hasn't been offered the job

Says he thinks they're holding out for Fangio who is likely to be available by tonight/tomorrow. 

Please God. 

This has to  be why they have held off hiring anyone for two weeks.  It makes sense.

I'm working on figuring out how we can blame Robert Griffin III for this.

Um...he held the ball too long...allowed sacks?  Joe Barry's unit produced some sack numbers...and...Bruce confused every team with a blue logo to be the Chargers?  So it looked like Barry's unit produced some 30 or so sacks against us?

Or maybe we go with "If RGIII played better we'd have a better record and Haslett would have never been fired."

Um...he held the ball too long...allowed sacks?  Joe Barry's unit produced some sack numbers...and...Bruce confused every team with a blue logo to be the Chargers?  So it looked like Barry's unit produced some 30 or so sacks against us?

Or maybe we go with "If RGIII played better we'd have a better record and Haslett would have never been fired."

RG3: defensive coordinator killer...hmm.

I still can't believe I guessed at this mess two weeks ago when that tweet about Fangio, Donatell, and Barry first popped up.

oh come on, anyone could have guessed that the defensive coordinator search would turn out just like most coaching searches do here in Ashburn, with the worst guy being hired :lol:

so then who would the DC be? raheem morris?

I'm thinkin' Fangio - someone else said he should be available either tonight or tomorrow.  How much you want to bet Redskins 1 is already in the air to SF?

Come to think of it - are we able to track the movements of R1 anymore?

I still can't believe I guessed at this mess two weeks ago when that tweet about Fangio, Donatell, and Barry first popped up.

sigh...I don't even have the energy to make a quip about predictability.

I called it last year. 

Even though Haz was being retained, you already knew how transparent Bruce was w/ his Disco Ball. 

If that walkback is real, and Barry is a positional coach (not DC), I could live with that.  Hopefully this means a Fangio DC hiring or at least a KO promotion (and not just Raheem).

If Fangio comes here, who wants to make the "Fangio 2016" posters with me?  :P

oh come on, anyone could have guessed that the defensive coordinator search would turn out just like most coaching searches do here in Ashburn, with the worst guy being hired :lol:

I think at that time my, and most other peoples' greatest fear was Morris.  Joe Barry was merely a twinkle in our tear filled eyes, though I guess some might have called it from farther out (Monk).

This isn't official yet right? My gut says this is Jim Fassell all over again. They leak the news to see how we feel, then will back track and hire someone else because the nation thinks this is awful.

This Joe Barry is a turd, you can't shine up a turd to me to become anything but  a turd. He is a horrible choice, worse then Hasslet but maybe that's why they want to hire him. Bring in some turd that only lasts one season so that when they blow this up next year they don't burn a bridge with anyone respectable.

Meh, every team has its own dynamic and good coaches often fail when they are young. Could be genius, could be a disaster. Time will tell. It's just silly to get all worked up until we see what this staff does with the much needed major infusion of talent that I believe is coming both in quality free agents and draft picks.

My first reaction was that at least we have a complete staff going into the off season. I'm curious to know what system Joe Barry likes to run. If the team is switching to a 4-3 it could help to pick a DC early so our genius GM knows what kind of players to scout. Aside from O Line, I expect this to be a defense heavy draft. 

Archived