Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has the real DJax shown up? "You can't do epic s*** with basic people."

Dissident2

So we're just running with the assumption this is about the team? Seems like we're doing exactly what people complain the Washington Post does all the time.

Then again, it's more interesting than that awful game yesterday so it has some value.

I'm sure there's an off-chance it could be about one of his boys who he's trying to do "epic s***" with off the field who let him down. Sure, maybe.

But since he just spent the entire day yesterday engaged in an utterly humiliating defeat, was overthrown for two SURE touchdowns by a QB who clearly did not perform at a level that can win in the NFL, and since he prefaced the comment by saying, "this is how I'm feelin' today," I'd say there's a pretty ... good ... chance that this is referencing yesterday's football-related events. 

Yesterday on the side line DJax and some coach was getting into it pretty badly. I don't know who the other guy was, had a jacket and a hat on so I assume it is a coach. The guy in the jacket was being held back while he was screaming and pointing at DJax. After that confrontation, DJax saw like one play on the field where Griffin threw the ball at his feet.

Anyone have any other insight on this?

The worst part about Brian Mitchell's rant, besides the endless praise it got by Skins fans, was that it showed a fundamental misunderstanding of the problem

It is not about heart. It is not about playing harder. It is not about scheme and it is not about caring or talking to the media or whatever other stupid theory is floating around

It is about talent. The Washington Redskins suck complete and total ass. Deal with it redskins fans and stfu.

You could put me at DT and I would play with all the heart in the world and I would be a perfect teammate. Give me Bill Bellicheck as my position coach, and hell, let him cheat who cares. I would get my face smashed into the dirt on every snap. Because I suck. Just like this team

And, how do you get this 'talent'?

Simple: COACHING. That is the job of a coach; to teach their players. Players aren't born with NFL skills, its taught to them at some point in their life, and taught in different ways as that player goes through his career.

How to tackle, block, influence block, adjust, use leverage, outsmart, outwit, etc etc.

Players are a reflection of their coaches, and guess what; its not pretty.Sometimes a coach simply cannot reach his players, or the players just don't buy into their system, or what the coach teaches or schemes is predictable.

This team seems to think we can sign a player from one team and it automatically means success for us; not in any way.

Clark is a clear example. When he was first here, he was horrible at biting on fakes, and I mean HORRIBLE! He goes to Pitt, plays with a real quality player in Palomaou and hides in the shadows of Troy, then when trot gets hurt, Clark is exposed big time.

We sign him, he's slower, can't play like he used to when he was younger, and we wonder why he sucks when Pitt let him go ! Why do you think Pitt let him go? They knew. They saw the degression.

DJax wants to win, and frankly i'd prob do the same thing. He's got money, he wants a ring, and he THOUGHT Griffin and the Redskins would be able to deliver this dream of his, but reality has sunk in and it frustrates him. I don't blame him one bit, i'd actually prefer he call them out by name, get it in the open, let them yell at each other, and get on with correcting the problem; the longer they play hide-n-seek with who says what, the longer it takes to correct the issues; well, at least one of them.

Because its RG3's responsibility to get him the ball.  Did you not see him with his hand up for what felt like the entire day?  And the two times Griffin did go his way deep they were terribly overthrown.  Typically when a WR is pissed, its at one of 2 people if not both - the QB and coordinator. 

RG3 did get him the ball (tied for lead in targets), and he got him the ball last week as well. We lost that game too.

They weren't terribly overthrown, but he was overthrown twice so I think he should be frustrated.

But I get what you're saying. I just don't think hes talking exclusively about RG3. I think hes talking about the whole entire team just not being good enough. This was suppose to be the turn around game, and they laid an egg. 

Yesterday on the side line DJax and some coach was getting into it pretty badly. I don't know who the other guy was, had a jacket and a hat on so I assume it is a coach. The guy in the jacket was being held back while he was screaming and pointing at DJax. After that confrontation, DJax saw like one play on the field where Griffin threw the ball at his feet.

Anyone have any other insight on this?

yeah, i have insight on this: frustration. frustration by desean jackson on how the whole game went. nothing more, nothing less. i'd be frustrated too if i was him.

RG3 doesn't get him the ball. Gruden gets him the ball. Most of the completions to Jackson are screens or shots downfield where he's going to #11 no matter what. On any kind of play where he has to make a read, he won't throw it unless a guy is completely uncovered. If there is a defender anywhere around, he freaks out and starts running around. Sometimes this results in a receiver becoming wide open and he then makes the pass. A lot of times he gets sacked.

The worst part about Brian Mitchell's rant, besides the endless praise it got by Skins fans, was that it showed a fundamental misunderstanding of the problem

It is not about heart. It is not about playing harder. It is not about scheme and it is not about caring or talking to the media or whatever other stupid theory is floating around

It is about talent. The Washington Redskins suck complete and total ass. Deal with it redskins fans and stfu.

You could put me at DT and I would play with all the heart in the world and I would be a perfect teammate. Give me Bill Bellicheck as my position coach, and hell, let him cheat who cares. I would get my face smashed into the dirt on every snap. Because I suck. Just like this team

I'm not sure why this flies over so many heads. We have had a major shortage of draft picks for years, bad picks fairly often when we did have them, coming off the cap penalty which cheated us of talent. We spent years allowing guys to leave before their prime, only to over spend on replacements. Heck, even bringing in guys like Clarck, who got to spend their entire productive part of their career somewhere else, coming back when they should retire.

yeah, i have insight on this: frustration. frustration by desean jackson on how the whole game went. nothing more, nothing less. i'd be frustrated too if i was him.

Wow. That was amazing. I don't know how I could have gone through the rest of my day without that realization. You must have been trained by some zen-monk-yogi-guru because obviously your insight is very attuned to your third eye.

This is true. They're done with him.

To expand (didn't have a chance earlier) the first throw to Paul was a horrible decision, missing jax twice and then hanging him out to dry a third time, missing garcon on the slant, short hoping to jax on the screen, putting it way ahead of (reed I think) on a 3rd down slant. These guys know he isn't getting it.

RG3 doesn't get him the ball. Gruden gets him the ball. Most of the completions to Jackson are screens or shots downfield where he's going to #11 no matter what. On any kind of play where he has to make a read, he won't throw it unless a guy is completely uncovered. If there is a defender anywhere around, he freaks out and starts running around. Sometimes this results in a receiver becoming wide open and he then makes the pass. A lot of times he gets sacked.

When did Gruden suit up and put on a jersey? I mean I know he was a supposedly amazing Arena Football coach, but I didn't realize he could still play.

But I agree with you about RG3 (ahem Robert) absolutely sucking. Hes too afraid to throw the ball if theres any coverage, and as a result hes too afraid to play QB in the NFL.

I think his time is done in Washington after this game. Perhaps in the NFL altogether. Sad story.

Djax busted his tail yesterday.  Rather than give up and stop trying he kept at it IMO.  RG3 just plain didn't see him on many plays.  

Let me rephrase that.

RG3 either Didn't See Djax, Didn't look for DJax or was afraid to do so for some reason.

DJax showed me a lot of heart when RG3 led him into that murder hit.  He looked like he was going to stay down/and could've...

I don't know about ya'll... but it was like he shook it off and gave RG3 another chance right then and there.

At least that's how I took it.

DJax showed me a lot of heart when RG3 led him into that murder hit. He looked like he was going to stay down/and could've...

I don't know about ya'll... but it was like he shook it off and gave RG3 another chance right then and there.

At least that's how I took it.

I thought it was a big FU to Vince, I mean Dan, for having his goon throw a pass designed to take him out. DJax said you can't keep me down.

Jackson has every reason to be pissed off. We have a real game changer at wideout for the first time in seemingly forever, and he's overthrown (OVERTHROWN......how do you actually overthrow that kind of speed) at least twice. I'm not ragging on RGIII, just saying that in those instances and with that atrocious attempt at a quick screen late in the 3rd quarter (it hit the turf, aimed somewhere near Jackon's ankles), I would be angry too. The kid wants to win. Period. I wish more people on the team had that attitude.

you guys do realize that he could have been talking about a family member/friend right?

It's instagram. A lot of ppl use social media to vent about stuff like that

Nah uh... I saw NBC Dianna's tweet.

Well, I saw the retweet... cause she blocked me.

Archived