Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has the real DJax shown up? "You can't do epic s*** with basic people."

Dissident2

Still boggles my mind that after all we fans have been thru, we still have some that so desperately don't want this stuff to be true, that they can overlook such glaring things such as this tweet by DJax and think it could be about anything other than the QB, given the timing.

I knew the moment Robert started following up his "I suck" with "they suck too" that his run was done here.  Nobody asked him whether the team sucked, he willingly gave that up in an effort to gloss over his own pathetic play.  Definitely not a leader and for someone who has rode for him thru all this, it's just the cherry on my Redskins disappointment pie.

So yeah, I was wrong. The team really didn't like those comments. Gruden just confirmed that.

Yeesh...that locker room is probably awkward as hell

Kudos for admitting it.

Many felt this was going to be a problem as soon as we heard those comments, and suddenly it was "this means nothing" and "it's the media's fault," etc., etc. I know people don't want to revel in any more misery than we ALREADY have to deal with, but this is a BIG part of the problem.

You could just hear Gruden's resignation when asked if Robert was starting Sunday. He SO doesn't want to deal with this guy anymore.

And kudos to Gruden for coming out strong in rebuking Robert's comments publicly.

The only person I ever met who can read my mind is my wife.  With D-Jax, I'll either wait to hear who he's talking about in his memoirs or until the media drags it out of him. I want to believe he's not talking about RG3, so until I hear different, that's what I'll believe. There are plenty of "basic" (average to poor) players on this team that he could be thinking of.

The only person I ever met who can read my mind is my wife.  With D-Jax, I'll either wait to hear who he's talking about in his memoirs or until the media drags it out of him. I want to believe he's not talking about RG3, so until I hear different, that's what I'll believe. There are plenty of "basic" (average to poor) players on this team that he could be thinking of.

Listen to Jay's presser.  He was talking about RG3.  Honeymoon's over, the divorce papers are being drafted as I type.

Without trawling through with whom was 10 speaking?

Because when I heard him on 980 talking to Sonny and co he was as self critical as I've ever heard him. Started off saying they all need to get better, and NOBODY can currently look themselves in the mirror and say they're doing their jobs to any significant degree; then turned the spotlight on himself and his glaring flaws he needs to work hard to correct.

If that's the interview then Jackson needs to grow some thicker skin and accept at 3-7, having just got humiliated at home to a 1 win team coming off a bye; NOBODY is immune to criticism.

Hail.

And I don't like my HC signalling out one guy when another has reacted like a prepubescent school girl on social media.

Slam them both. Two wrongs never did make a right an that just compounds things and alienates guys further.

Hail.

This is a good point and is what should have happened.

Not good... Jay seems to be fed up with Robert and that seems to be a theme around here. Two head coaches, an offensive coordinator, and a couple of high-profile WRs seem to have grown weary of him.

I think he is talking about the teams attitude.. This team believes they can do "epic Sh**"  without having earned the right..  Just like after the Eagles game believing almost beating the eagles is somehow a good thing.

He's right, and I have no issue with what he said.. The mentality has to change from Bruce on down.. Bruce needs to act like a GM who gives a **** less about the teams past and focus on now

I'm growing more and more disappointed with the Coach by the week.

Every week we get his total post-game honesty. But he doesn't seem to have a clue how to either motivate and gel a cohesive, professional unit and fix the same tired old problems he weekly laments; or have the steel to come down hard on these jerks.

Hail.

I disagree. In fact, I feel like Gruden's approach is much, much closer to what we need to combat this horrible culture.

Shanny was deceptive and you couldn't trust a word he said.

Zorn was just a complete doofus and garnered no respect.

Gruden's honesty is VERY welcome to me, and it should be welcomed by this team. He was VERY hard on Robert today, and that took some stones from my perspective. That should mean something to this locker room. It's all gotta start with honesty.

Granted, I said "start." There's a ton more that needs to be done after that, obviously. But at this point, I'll take a worthwhile starting point to build off of and see how it progresses.

One thing I think is becoming more and more clear: Gruden's offense has yet to have someone who can really run it competently and fully. Maybe that's partially on him as well, but there have been so many plays right there to be taken, and either Griffin or Cousins have not been able to take advantage.

To me, Gruden is the least of our problems right now, and may be the best opportunity for us to find a solution.

I think he is talking about the teams attitude.. This team believes they can do "epic Sh**"  without having earned the right..  Just like after the Eagles game believing almost beating the eagles is somehow a good thing.

He's right, and I have no issue with what he said.. The mentality has to change from Bruce on down.. Bruce needs to act like a GM who gives a **** less about the teams past and focus on now

Nope, talking about Robert.  Confirmed by our head coach a little while ago.

Gruden's honesty is VERY welcome to me, and it should be welcomed by this team. He was VERY hard on Robert today, and that took some stones from my perspective. That should mean something to this locker room. It's all gotta start with honesty.

I haven't seen enough of Jay to rate him as a coach, but I think his honesty is very revealing.  I believe that much of it is him protecting his future in the NFL.  If he is going to stuck in this circus, he wants the rest of the NFL to know that what's going on is not his doing.

Well i can imagine how frustrated he is. This should be a vertical freaking passing team and we are getting check downs left and right. This is not what Djax signed up for.

Exactly! We go out and get speedy receivers and then play dink and dunk, it aggravates me and I'm not the one running down the field for nothing.

Exactly! We go out and get speedy receivers and then play dink and dunk, it aggravates me and I'm not the one running down the field for nothing.

I have no problem with our best receiver and only true Pro Bowl player on offense other than Trent Williams, posting what he did..

Especially after Robert's presser and Morris comments on the fans.

DJax has busted his ass so far. This team has been a disgrace long before he came on board, so I don't get where he's apart of the problem. So far, he might be our only pro bowler, but HE'S apart of the problem?

Unreal.

Let's not forget that DJax just spoke up last week for the same QB who promptly threw him under the bus; along with the rest of the Offense yesterday.  After not having watched film which means the QB doesn't know who played well and who didn't.  Then he missed DJax for 3 TD's and couldn't even execute a simple screen towards the end.  To have that QB, after he stunk yesterday, call you out would be enough to piss off anybody.  I don't fault Jackson at all.  However, I agree with Gruden that the twitter wars and crap needs to stop.

You can say whatever you want publicly.

You just have to back it up on the field. If so, go ahead, tell what you think, you can say it. Those that disagee are generally those not producing enough.

So, to me, DJax can say whatever he wants, he earned it this year.

Hell, even Tress Way can say whatever he wants, guy is producing as well.

Archived