Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has the real DJax shown up? "You can't do epic s*** with basic people."

Dissident2

The worst part about Brian Mitchell's rant, besides the endless praise it got by Skins fans, was that it showed a fundamental misunderstanding of the problem

It is not about heart. It is not about playing harder. It is not about scheme and it is not about caring or talking to the media or whatever other stupid theory is floating around

It is about talent. The Washington Redskins suck complete and total ass. Deal with it redskins fans and stfu.

You could put me at DT and I would play with all the heart in the world and I would be a perfect teammate. Give me Bill Bellicheck as my position coach, and hell, let him cheat who cares. I would get my face smashed into the dirt on every snap. Because I suck. Just like this team

Why can't you be more like Brian Mitchell? He would never allow his team to be mediocre.

Except that three year stretch where they won 7 combine games in two seasons and then had an epic collapse in the third while he was a kick returner. Yes, that did happen, but he turned over a table every week in the locker room so - really - it could have been worse.

Yeah, he's frustrated.  He shouldn't be posting things like that on instagram-straight-flexin,...it really helps nothing.  But he's balled out all season on this ****ty team.  He took a hit yesterday when RG3 hung a ball out there for him -- he caught it,..was clearly shaken up but stayed down for a few seconds, shook it off and popped up.  That dude is a stud -- hard for me to be down on him.  And RG3 missed him twice for TDs.....

I forgot about that in the midst of yesterday's awfulness.  RG3 got DJax flat out destroyed and that was beast to pop up after a few seconds.  I, like I'm sure many of you here, absolutely HATED DJax in Philly, but he has given his everything every week so I will give him a little leniency on his comments.  Someone has to man up.

Sometimes to lead you have to call people out.

This team needs people called out.

Should players accept what they see? Is anyone in the locker room safe in assuming they are doing all they can?

But of course, in this town you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Maybe what we ought to do is take a poll and find out just what the **** everyone expects these guys to say when they are asked questions, and then we can send it to them and save a whole lot of money of crying hankies.

~Bang

Ive got no problem with the comment or the decision to share his feelings publicly. 

As great of a season as he's having personally, its crazy when you think that it could be even more dominant if any of our QBs could get him the ball on the run. Very rarely is he catching passes in stride and utilizing his nasty speed to its fullest. He is performing magic with the under thrown passes from McCoy/Cousins and the lateral screens from RG3.

The redskins are so bad at every facet of pro football that we dont have the luxury of getting mad at our diva WR when he expresses frustration. Anybody who thinks Djax "attitude" is even in the top 20 of problems with this this team isnt paying attention. 

Fine. Then:

1. Call people out. Name names.

2. Explain what the goal is of calling people out. Like...what's the point of telling Ryan Clark that he can no longer cover half the field. He knows he can't cover half the field. Screaming at him to cover half the field isn't going to change anything.

Jackson is ridiculously talented. He's not going to make anyone as ridiculously talented as he is by yelling at them.

Having said all that, I enjoy the November meltdowns so much.

Is DeSean Jackson incorrect? Does anybody care if the players finally come out and say that yes, this place is indeed a dumpster fire? What is the worst that could happen considering how we're already terrible?

If anything I'd like the players to stop being so hard on themselves. They are trying and I have no doubt they're working at it

They're just not good. Not their fault

This team needs people called out.

Should players accept what they see? Is anyone in the locker room safe in assuming they are doing all they can?

But of course, in this town you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Maybe what we ought to do is take a poll and find out just what the **** everyone expects these guys to say when they are asked questions, and then we can send it to them and save a whole lot of money of crying hankies.

~Bang

Of course that poll would have 7 different answers with the exact same amount of votes for each. 

...He ought to have tagged names to it...

DJax is right in what he said and that he made it public (and as one of the few players actually doing his job well has earned the right to say it). He, as were we all, was sold on how epic this offense would be with him going deep, Garcon and Reed taking pressure away from him, Alf running the ball. The skill positions on this O should be putting up more than 7 points against a one win team with two weeks to prepare. The only thing I disagree with is that he kept it vague. Are the basic people the QBs, O Line, coaches, front office, D, a combination, all of them? I don't know. I would like it to be obvious to those that need to be held accountable so they don't just pass the blame onto someone else and continue to do what they do poorly. A wake up call is in order and I think this is a good start. I hope Danny can see that whatever it is he put together it isn't working.

I see the comments more a shot at coaching and management.  You can apply his comments to literally anyone in the organization from the top down.

Haslett is a mess. Gruden is a noob square peg round holing RG3 into Tom Brady. Allen is a PR / numbers guy.

DJax has had every QB he has ever had take sacks, and overthrow him.  If his comments were a shot at RG3 who cares. We have bigger problems.

This,

I think this is a message for the overall team.  He sees where their day to day expectations are, prolly shocked at the acceptance of losing around here.

I don't blame the guy either, hes the best player on the team and gets a whole bunch of sideways screens even when going against a porous secondary

Fine. Then:

1. Call people out. Name names.

2. Explain what the goal is of calling people out. Like...what's the point of telling Ryan Clark that he can no longer cover half the field. He knows he can't cover half the field. Screaming at him to cover half the field isn't going to change anything.

Jackson is ridiculously talented. He's not going to make anyone as ridiculously talented as he is by yelling at them.

Having said all that, I enjoy the November meltdowns so much.

I never said name names.

Singling people out is pointless, it breeds distrust. But i didn't hear any names. 

Joe theismann used to call out the team all the time. he said things pretty much identical to what RG3 said yesterday. we all have to look in the mirror.

The goal of calling people out is to hold them accountable. Keep the names private, but let it be known that players who are not giving their all are being noticed. 

The best teams all seem to have the attitude that each man will not let down his teammates.

If your teammates let you think it's OK to let them down, then that is what a lazy man will do.

People settle to where they're comfortable.

If they're comfortable failing their peers, that is what they will do. It's up to their peers to keep morale.

is there anyone in the locker room oday unaware that DeSean Jackson is upset with the level of play?

If any one of them think "well **** HIM then"... get rid of them.  They should be ashamed to have a peer call them out, to have their failure exposed.

He's not wrong, and that's important.

A malcontent just throws fingers around.

But if he's right, he's right.

Shame and fear of failing one's associates are powerful motivators. Will we lose because of you? Make sure you're holding up your end.

Every man do their job.

~Bang

At what point did the meltdown start last year? It was, like, October, right?

Having this start with six weeks left seems like big improvement actually. Give Gruden an extension today.

Yeah, by this time last year there were reports in the media of human cannibalism at Redskins Park. This year is much better,

You could put me at DT and I would play with all the heart in the world and I would be a perfect teammate. Give me Bill Bellicheck as my position coach, and hell, let him cheat who cares. I would get my face smashed into the dirt on every snap. Because I suck. Just like this team

To be fair z, super Art would make a player out of ya'. :P

Hail. 

Good for Jackson.  I want things to get so completely absurb, so unbelievably toxic, that everyone from top to bottom gives up.  People need to stop spending money.  There is no other solution than a change in ownership.  And there will never be a change in ownership until people stop buying tickets and stop buying merchandise.  My other hope is that companies begin pulling sponsorships due to the name, only because it hits the owner in the pockets.  He has turned this franchise into THE laughingstock of the league.  Until he leaves, this joke of a franchise will continue.  Despite how low this feels, things still have to get worse before they'll get better.  My only rooting interest in this team now is for the toxicity to grow to epic proportions.

If he wants to be a leader and he wants to call people out and stop the BS, he should do it with honor, as in at the podium or in front of the mic.

Posting cryptic or ambiguous quotes on his Instagram isn't exactly inspiring anyone...it sounds like complaining more than leading

And anyone who cares about someone's cryptic posts on Instagram, rather than their actions in real life, should go back to middle school and **** about it with their girlfriends.

then had an epic collapse in the third while he was a kick returner. Yes, that did happen, but he turned over a table every week in the locker room so - really - it could have been worse.

Still remember being in middle school at the lunch table for that season.  After that start I was running my mouth.  Then as the season progressed... I got more and more quiet. :lol:

And I love BMitch... but did he really have to retweet that video 100 times last night?

Archived