Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has the real DJax shown up? "You can't do epic s*** with basic people."

Dissident2

Still ridiculous how you downgrade such a consistent threat with the ball in his hands.

Hail.

i say we bring back the offensive game plan that we had for RG3's first game!

double wr screen! every. play.

garcon is nasty after the catch. vicious! we want more!

How do we know he's talking about the Redskins or anything at all related to football? Maybe one of his friends invited him to a bachelor party and he got all excited... only to learn it was a camping trip?

Can you imagine DJax camping? No, you can't.

Well hail, in that case, I don't blame him for kirking out. Shoot I would've had the same eruption on Instagram too.

I hope the cork didn't hit some of you in the eye who were just waiting for an inevitable bad performance to get out your true hatred for this kid. Have fun while it lasts.

My prediction, because I'm an optimist. RG3 pulls it together, has a decent run, retains his starting spot and the vultures disappear until the offseason when they go back to trying to convince everyone that QB2 on the skins roster is a much better solution.

Being in the Philly area I see irrational dislike for a franchise QB every day. Philly loved Ty Detmer but hated McNabb. That guy never did anything right and never had the support of his fans despite the fact that every team he was on in Philadelphia was a contender. I have a feelin that for the rest of his career here you guys will be anxiously awaiting every blemish that gets exposed ready to pounce to express your irrational dislike of this guy. Some of you need to out away the pitchfork.

I hope the cork didn't hit some of you in the eye who were just waiting for an inevitable bad performance to get out your true hatred for this kid. Have fun while it lasts.

It's been bad for a while now. I have maybe never been as excited for a season opener as I was for Philadelphia in 2013. My face sagged lower and lower as that game went on. By the end of week 3, I was having major concerns that this kid just couldn't play. A few weeks later, I was pretty confident but still holding out hope that maybe it was the injury, maybe it was the lack of an offseason, maybe it was the coach...

It's not. He can't play.

It's been bad for a while now. I have maybe never been as excited for a season opener as I was for Philadelphia in 2013. My face sagged lower and lower as that game went on. By the end of week 3, I was having major concerns that this kid just couldn't play. A few weeks later, I was pretty confident but still holding out hope that maybe it was the injury, maybe it was the lack of an offseason, maybe it was the coach...

It's not. He can't play.

im pretty sure he can still play. he just needs to stop trying to be perfect. hes just trying too hard. hes got 6 more games to show that he still knows how to play QB. also, if he "cant play", how did he lead us to 26 points against the vikings?

sundays game was definitely bad, and RG3 wasn't good in that game. but teams have bad games once in a while. I have no doubt that he can get going again sunday against the 49ers.

im pretty sure he can still play. he just needs to stop trying to be perfect. hes just trying too hard. hes got 6 more games to show that he still knows how to play QB. also, if he "cant play", how did he lead us to 26 points against the vikings?

sundays game was definitely bad, and RG3 wasn't good in that game. but teams have bad games once in a while. I have no doubt that he can get going again sunday against the 49ers.

Love your optimism but I have to ask...are you on anti-depressants?

Guys the bottom line is DJ is a guy that will lose it and we knew this going in picking him up.  But honestly in this case how can one blame him?  He was over thrown badly twice while open for TDs, one pass got there and he was almost knocked out.  RGIII then comes out and says everyone has to play better? WTF?  Does he realize before he took over Colt had won two games for us?  Totally the wrong thing to say especially at this time when he is struggling so badly.

It's not just that he was overthrown. It's that Griffin missed multiple reads. There's something to the statements that he struggles reading a defense. And that's not because I've heard someone say it. It's because I see it. And it's not arguable. He takes the wrong drop (Gruden quote from presser), he misses the open receiver, holds the ball, panics and bails. It's routine for him. 

I don't blame it all on him. I think what's happening to him is similar to Patrick Ramsey. He's had to run and move and evade hits so often that he's getting gunshy in the pocket. Not that reading a defense was ever his strong point, but I seem to remember him in his rookie year being much more deliberate with the football. He still held it a bit. But he made quicker decisions than he's making now. He honestly looks like a deer in headlights.

I will say this, I think Griffin could still very well be the franchise quarterback for the Redskins. He has a unique skillset, and he's a good kid. It would serve him well to watch film of Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Tom Brady pressers. It would serve him well to really work on reading defenses and getting the ball out of his hands. He's too afraid of turning the ball over at this point. I think that's a big part of the issue, too. 

He's had so much told to him: "Stop running so much. Deliver the ball faster. Don't turn the ball over. Make a play. But don't do anything dangerous." - How the heck do you play with that much weight under you? And even if Gruden is telling him otherwise, it's clear Griffin invests in the media's opinion.

Griffin has a lot of problems right now, and the ONLY way he's going to wind up being the Redskins' franchise quarterback is if he ignores the noise and goes and plays football the way he knows how. Here's the only piece of advice I have for him: "Learn to slide at a Nationals practice and then slide more often in game". Otherwise, trust your reads, trust your progressions, and trust your instincts. He's playing hesitant, and that's a sign of a guy who's been mentally beaten.

Damn, reading that from someone else I'm thinking "what a sucker"...

But that was after I realized I hadn't wrote it myself first :unsure:

This is why it's painful for our types

He's exactly right. The talent level on this team is marginal. I wouldn't say that Griffin lacks talent, necessarily, but it's obvious that these comments are being aimed at him regardless.

This whole ordeal is saddening. Some things never change.

Griffin has a lot of problems right now, and the ONLY way he's going to wind up being the Redskins' franchise quarterback is if he ignores the noise and goes and plays football the way he knows how. Here's the only piece of advice I have for him: "Learn to slide at a Nationals practice and then slide more often in game". Otherwise, trust your reads, trust your progressions, and trust your instincts. He's playing hesitant, and that's a sign of a guy who's been mentally beaten.

I've been thinking the same thing as you. He's trying to be too mechanical and not playing the game like he knows how. It does look like he's trying too hard.

He honestly looks like a deer in headlights.

When you have 5 receivers downfield WIDE OPEN and you see none of them, throw to none of them, and then run out of the pocket and throw it at somebody's feet it's time to come out.

Like Cooley said, those were plays that RG3 KNOWS how to run and has ran them 100s of times before.

If he can't even make the decision on those plays and immediately get rid of the ball and instead pats it then start running, he needs to be out of the game because he's not going to get any better right now. If he starts out next sunday in similar fashion I expect that Gruden will have him out, hopefully before the 3rd series.

Gruden has a long resume of pretty much nothing at the top level in reality. Never played it as a player. Very limited experience as an assistant/ coordinator. At the NFL level, he's proved next to nothing and is running the same, undisciplined bunch of losers we've seen season in, season out for a long as anyone cares to remember whilst looking clueless at how to fix it.  

But that aside, we'll have to agree to disagree that this was anything but piss poor man management.

Hail.

AMENNNNNN!!!!

He got the job because he's a Gruden but honestly the guy doesn't know what he's doing. People love him now because he's new but they'll be sick of him by mid season next year when we're last in the NFCeast again.

He's exactly right. The talent level on this team is marginal. I wouldn't say that Griffin lacks talent, necessarily, but it's obvious that these comments are being aimed at him regardless.

This whole ordeal is saddening. Some things never change.

I don't think djax was talking about anyone but rg3 in response to his presser in which he implied the team didn't play well.

The team does have talent. It's not complete but it's talented. Williams is good. Jackson is good. Garçon is good. Reed looks like he will be good. Morris is good. Thats insulting to them especially when djax was so open and rg3 had a bad day.

The defense has some good pieces too. Though not as many. The d did ok. They didn't lose us the game. They didn't win it like a Chicago d but you don't need to throw them under the bus.

Basically there's a cookie cutter response that can be given to 90% of the media questions that get rg3 in trouble.

AMENNNNNN!!!!

He got the job because he's a Gruden but honestly the guy doesn't know what he's doing. People love him now because he's new but they'll be sick of him by mid season next year when we're last in the NFCeast again.

Really?

How about this coach?  First season ...

• no HC experience at any level
  • 0-5 start
  • 4-6 after 10 games
  • 1 game out of last place in first season
  • no post season
  • prior NFL experience: 3 year OC, 5 year RB coach
  • best credential supporting hire ... 2 years under a top-tier NFL HC

Seems some of what we were told is truth about Djax . Only a matter of time before this ticking time bomb of a team explodes

2008 - 2013 ... DJax and the Eagles go to the playoffs 4 out of 6 years including his first and last seasons with the team ... DJax leading receiver 5 out of 6 including his first and last seasons with the team.  I'm thinking that bomb you're worried about doesn't do as much damage as you think it does.  If you don't think team mates yell and get in each other's face ... you've probably had a TV between you and the field/sideline most of the time.

2008 - 2013 ... DJax and the Eagles go to the playoffs 4 out of 6 years including his first and last seasons with the team ... DJax leading receiver 5 out of 6 including his first and last seasons with the team.  I'm thinking that bomb you're worried about doesn't do as much damage as you think it does.  If you don't think team mates yell and get in each other's face ... you've probably had a TV between you and the field/sideline most of the time.

he was yelling at coaches there . Last season was best season of his career , also Jmac did not play do to a injury. So I would expect him to be the leading WR on a team that lost its 1st WR the 2nd better step up .

he was yelling at coaches there . Last season was best season of his career , also Jmac did not play do to a injury. So I would expect him to be the leading WR on a team that lost its 1st WR the 2nd better step up .

coaches too ... emotions are high

your Maclin point is?  they shared 4 seasons together ... DJax was the best receiver from a stats perspective 3 out of 4.  If he's slipping and the Redskins version is what he's slipped to ... I have no problems with that ...

Archived