Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has the real DJax shown up? "You can't do epic s*** with basic people."

Dissident2

Consider perhaps that he already has scolded him in private and that this is a response to being ignored in private?  Its not like Gruden doesn't have a long resume of being a successful capable leader (head coach, OC, pro QB, major college QB).  It's not like RG3 has ever been gracious in defeat regarding taking responsibility as the "team leader" he professes to be.

It could also be necessary not to lose the rest of the team and a last resort to try to salvage the designated "franchise" QB.

Gruden has a long resume of pretty much nothing at the top level in reality. Never played it as a player. Very limited experience as an assistant/ coordinator. At the NFL level, he's proved next to nothing and is running the same, undisciplined bunch of losers we've seen season in, season out for a long as anyone cares to remember whilst looking clueless at how to fix it.  

But that aside, we'll have to agree to disagree that this was anything but piss poor man management.

Hail.

Yeah, I get and somewhat agree lil' bro' but come on, the majority of our players are so thin skinned they're transparent. If it's not Robert it's the media. Moss disgracefully reacting like he did to fans slamming the team at the stadium. Morris tweeting about the fans after. They can't take ANY criticism form ANYONE. The sense of untouchable entitlement from these jerks who repeatedly FAIL to earn a pay check Sunday's is astounding.  

And again,. Robert went on to be as self critical and contrite as I've ever heard him. The latter part of that was ALL about him and how poor he's been and how hard he needs to work. It quickly turned from 'we' to 'I'.  

Hail.

My thing is, and you know this too, ANYONE who has been in a leadership position in their own respective careers has probably had to deal with a knucklehead.  And most people don't go "high order" on said knucklehead right off the bat.  You normally use preportional force...

- tell them what you expect up front

- maybe let the first one go

- maybe pull them aside after the second

- maybe address them in front of others after the third

- eventually you are left with this... and it's been brewing for a while

Griffin is a leadership challenge.  I thought that Gruden may have gotten his attention after the presser, but Griffin couldn't wait to go defend his honor on facebook.  The guy literally doesn't know when or how to shut up.

Griffin is a leadership challenge.  I thought that Gruden may have gotten his attention after the presser, but Griffin couldn't wait to go defend his honor on facebook.  The guy literally doesn't know when or how to shut up.

Oh, not defending Robert at all. Don't misunderstand me. I'm fast coming to the realisation that he isn't what I believed he was coming out and we've a major bust brewing but that's for another thread.

I'd just hate to play for a guy that aired things in public.

Mourinho's a complete and utter prick. No question. But you'd LOVE to play for him. He ALWAYYS has his players back, no matter how bigger dicks they've been, to the press. No doubt he tears them a new one in private. But NOT to the press. And have you EVER heard an ex player speak ill of him?

As wrong as Griffin's been a lot of times, this kind of man management is not one I'd respond to as a player let's put it that way. 

And you know my character, upbringing and what I believe in more than most.

Hail.

Gruden has a long resume of pretty much nothing at the top level in reality. Never played it as a player. Very limited experience as an assistant/ coordinator. At the NFL level, he's proved next to nothing and is running the same, undisciplined bunch of losers we've seen season in, season out for a long as anyone cares to remember whilst looking clueless at how to fix it.  

But that aside, we'll have to agree to disagree that this was anything but piss poor man management.

Hail.

he's been in charge in many roles and in many cases where people's livelihoods/rent/mortgage/etc. are on the line and there's no history of him failing as a leader/manager or displaying bad form.  Its probable that the personnel situation is remarkably bad on the Redskins.  As far as RG3's style goes there's a 3 year consistent history of egotistical statements, epic denial of personal shortcomings/failures, assigning of blame to others, etc.

We have a consistent bad actor and leader/manager/boss with no prior history of bad personnel leadership tendancies.  I get that it's possible the HC is screwing it up ... but its more likely it's the QB and the HC is struggling with trying to contain and reform a toxic prima donna without the mind-numbing distraction of wins and success.  Since the consensus right thing to do would be to deal with this in private ... and there's been 2+ months of this ... and there's a leader with a unblemished resume ... I'd assume its been addressed in private ... probably multiple times and been ignored.  Assumptions being what they are of course.

As wrong as Griffin's been a lot of times, this kind of man management is not one I'd respond to as a player let's put it that way. 

Ever play on a team with a world-class prima donna who can't/doesn't deliver victories?  It's a team killer.  The other players are highly motivated to quit.  There's signs of that on the Redskins.  The HC has only a couple of choices:  talk with the problem person and try to influence him to change his ways, ramp up the condemnation if the guy doesn't get the message, get rid of the guy ... or ... ignore it and encourage the rest of the players to ignore it and continue to bust their butts, ramp up that message if they don't shut-up-and-color, get rid of the players who refuse to quietly be foot stools.  It can become a question of who do you get rid of ... one player or many.  Frequently the solution of the one or many dilema is fire the coach ... Snyder did that already.  At some point though the problem person needs to stop being a problem or the problem person needs to go away.

Oh, not defending Robert at all. Don't misunderstand me. I'm fast coming to the realisation that he isn't what I believed he was coming out and we've a major bust brewing but that's for another thread.

Mourinho's a complete and utter prick. No question. But you'd LOVE to play for him. He ALWAYYS has his players back, no matter how bigger dicks they've been, to the press. No doubt he tears them a new one in private. But NOT to the press. And have you EVER heard an ex player speak ill of him?

Hail.

My guess is that they've tried everything else, brother.

Doc Walker has been all over it on 980.

Said he'd never seen a reaction like it (which I find a tad hard to believe but still), and has roundly condemned 'Tanna.

Hail.

We can say what we want about Tana but the guy wears his heart on his sleeve. You always know how he is feeling!

I think Gruden did what he had to do. And that's that. He didn't call him out because he's been a poster child and made one mistake.

Exactly, at this point Gruden had to make a stand. I'm glad he did.  I'm starting to believe that the call to start him came from up top.

We can say what we want about Tana but the guy wears his heart on his sleeve. You always know how he is feeling!

Can someone please elaborate on what happened with both Santana and Alfred? I've seen the references here but not the specifics. I was at the game and have no desire to watch the recording of it. Was any of this caught on the broadcast? 

Exactly, at this point Gruden had to make a stand. I'm glad he did. I'm starting to believe that the call to start him came from up top.

Then in that case, if you don't want 10 playing and think he's a detriment to the rest of the team, grow a pair and call lil' Danny's bluff. Sit Roberta ass. Make an example. Hold him out of meetings and practice until he fully buys in to what you want Shut it down with the media as an internal issue.

Or you can be a flake, work with your hands tied behind your back all the while building up a piss poor career record, and rebel by taking shots through the press all for the sake of money and saving a job you can't do to your fullest in that scenario.

I know which option I'd both have more respect out of Gruden for and would have more self respect out of myself if I was him.

Hail.

Can someone please elaborate on what happened with both Santana and Alfred? I've seen the references here but not the specifics. I was at the game and have no desire to watch the recording of it. Was any of this caught on the broadcast? 

All I heard was that Santana was giving the middle finger to fans.

Allegedly in defense of RG3.

I don't know about Morris' quotes but Moss got into it on the sideline with fans he apparently took umbrage to. A verbal exchange was then followed by flipping of fingers both ways.

The TV missed it but the radio crew didn't apparently as Doc Walker has been all over it from a first hand sideline view.

Completely unprofessional and out of order from Santana.

Hail.

Hail.

Chris Cooley has stated multiple times, and reinforced this Monday after the presser. He would "absolutely love to play for Gruden" and "would suit up for him today, right now".

I guess everyone is different. As long as he doesn't say one thing to my face and then goes and says something different in the media, I wouldn't take it for anything other than a challenge to do better.

Gruden has taken up for Robert on other occasions, like the Britt Mchenry report. He has taken up for others as well. And if Robert plays well against San Francisco I bet he will come out praising him. As long as it is all fair criticism, or praise, I wouldn't worry about who it is in front of.   

Guys the bottom line is DJ is a guy that will lose it and we knew this going in picking him up.  But honestly in this case how can one blame him?  He was over thrown badly twice while open for TDs, one pass got there and he was almost knocked out.  RGIII then comes out and says everyone has to play better? WTF?  Does he realize before he took over Colt had won two games for us?  Totally the wrong thing to say especially at this time when he is struggling so badly.

you know things are bad when the redskins' face is djax.

at least that dude backs up his talk. he has the right to talk smack to anyone and about anyone.

i prefer garcon over djax tho, garcon is a classy dude.

Getting off topic, but why the Hell have we gotten away from Garcon?

I mean Jacksons been excellent and the best big time playmaker in living memory here; but we seem to be looking all out for him and taking away from Pierre. Only TWO targets Sunday.

And it's not just down to Roberts problems. This has been steadily and noticeably decreasing all year.

With that, the complete change and lack of the promised continued run game, non existent RZ O, continued third down struggles et all; the question marks are certainly there on this Coach' supposed strong point.

Offensive play calling.

Hail.

*sigh ... I'm old enough to remember when a Redskins season was about winning seasons, planning game day parties, scoring tickets, rooting for classy players, etc.  I must suck to be the latest generation of Redskins fan

We barely have a latest generation of Redskins fans. I am 36 and just barely hanging on to the glory days. Most of my friends who are in their 20s-early 30s all root for Dallas or other bandwagon teams.

We barely have a latest generation of Redskins fans. I am 36 and just barely hanging on to the glory days. Most of my friends who are in their 20s-early 30s all root for Dallas or other bandwagon teams

The franchise is a zombie, and by 2020 if things don't change the profits are going to go straight red. The only Redskins fans my age are the ones who feel like it's their duty to root for the home team and that's very few of them. The diehards are the people who grew up rooting for the 70s and 80s teams, and they're either dying or checking out. Don't be surprised if Snyder moves the team whenever it comes time for the new stadium unless he's willing to pay for it 50%+ out of pocket. Especially since the DC government wants the name changed and the Redskins only really have pull in the V part of the DMV (Baltimore's finally won the MD market outside the suburbs and even that's just a matter of when and not if, and DC doesn't really care), and the people in Richmond and Newport News are not going to want to pay taxes for a stadium that will largely serve Falls Church, Arlington and Alexandria.

Demographics are destiny and demographics are going to assure the final collapse of the Redskins brand.

Archived