Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has the real DJax shown up? "You can't do epic s*** with basic people."

Dissident2

For whatever reason, certain QBs just develop chemistry/timing/trust with specific WRs. In the 04 preseason, Ramsey could hit Patten but always overthrew Moss, whereas Brunell never found Patten, but always had an eye out for Santana. Cousins can't find a Garcon in a French restaurant, but will chuck it downfield to DeSean...or whoever is covering him. McCoy seems to go wherever but usually underthrew DJax a bit. Bob has had a history with Pierre making great catches and outrunning defenders on a bad toe.

RG3 did get him the ball (tied for lead in targets), and he got him the ball last week as well. We lost that game too.

They weren't terribly overthrown, but he was overthrown twice so I think he should be frustrated.

But I get what you're saying. I just don't think hes talking exclusively about RG3. I think hes talking about the whole entire team just not being good enough. This was suppose to be the turn around game, and they laid an egg.

An overthrow is an overthrow. Whether it's by 1 foot or 2 yards. DJax played good enough to have 2 TD's and over 100 yds.

Then Gruden needs to grow a pair and call his bluff.

Hail.

Agreed.  Rick Snider wrote a piece about that, too.

EDIT:  PressBox DC @PressBoxDC  ·  26m 26 minutes ago

. @Snide_Remarks says it's time for Jay Gruden to show leadership if he wants to survive long as the Redskins' coach. http://ow.ly/EpRhs

If that is indeed true, and RG3 starts in '15 after not showing he deserves it through his performance the rest of this season, I think I will officially be done with this franchise until Snyder sells the team. 

I'm preparing myself for that, too.

Jackson is getting paid 8 million dollars whether he catches 100 balls a year or he catches 10.

He can shut his mouth and be a part of the learning process or he can alienate himself by acting like he's too good to be considered part of the problem.

DJax has busted his ass so far. This team has been a disgrace long before he came on board, so I don't get where he's apart of the problem. So far, he might be our only pro bowler, but HE'S apart of the problem?

Unreal.

So are we going to sit here and act like Cousins wasn't completely shellshocked by the time McCoy replaced him? He looked just like Griffin only he got the ball out faster. In due time McCoy would've had that same look on his face. Keep blaming the guy taking the snaps because that's worked for the last twenty years. When your line can't protect, and they can't, your QBs clock starts to malfunction. They start to sense pressure that's not there. They start to miss open receivers. It's okay though, we'll draft another one and when he goes the way of Patrick Ramsey, Jason Campbell or RGIII we'll always have him to blame.

As long as Snyder lets his buddies run this football team like it's their madden franchise, we will be awful. We had a real chance to start over after Zorn was fired and Snyder did it again, chased after the big name (Shanahan). Bruce Allen was a massive failure in Tampa Bay and save for a season in Oakland so we make him our team president. There is simply no other team in the league that would've kept Haslett this long or continued to trot Chris Chester and Shaun Lauvao out there. We have good receivers and a good runningback and that's about it. Rgiii was great at one time but the Redskins worked their magic and fixed that. This team ultimately ends up in the same spot it's been in for the last 15 or so years because nothing really changes.

Ignore the OL-check

Overpay free agents-check

Reach in the draft-check

No real GM-check

As far as what Jackson posted, who really cares? He'll be dealt away next year anyway when he's mad about this whole situation. He's a damn good player but he's getting older and he will want to play for a winner, that's not here. I feel bad for the guy because he cares so much but at the end of the day he knew this team was a cancer and still signed on the dotted line.

because if he is going to be down on the only QB to win us a division title in a decade plus, after three games and one quarter of playing together then I'll believe the claims of him being a locker room cancer and we don't need one of those.

Besides, if RG3 can't get the ball to him how can he be a bright spot.  I think Griffin is a better QB than Cousins or McCoy so there's no one else on the team I'd rather see throwing the ball to him. 

That was two years ago bucko. Back when DCs were having a hard time figuring out the read option and not to mention RG3 is not even that same player anymore. If thats your argument then why stop there? Why not bring back Joe Gibbs because he was the last coach to win us a Super Bowl.

He's getting paid to be part of a team regardless of how his stats look at the end of the year. He can either be a part of the team or he can act like he's somebody just there to catch footballs and do witty endzone celebrations. 

Lately he seems to want to put on this big impression that he's above all the dysfunction in the locker room with his team meetings and what not. I love the dude, but frankly he hasn't been around long enough to truly know the detriments of saying or doing something controversial or eyebrow-raising in Washington.

He should have learned his lesson in Philly.

You tipped your hand with that last comment. Just come clean. You don't like DJax and was waiting for an opportunity to pounce.

DJax has busted his ass so far. This team has been a disgrace long before he came on board, so I don't get where he's apart of the problem. So far, he might be our only pro bowler, but HE'S apart of the problem?

Unreal.

No, he's not a part of the problem as an individual player, but football is a team game, as a part of the offense he is part of the problem as a whole. Teams win and lose as teams, offenses thrive or fail as a team as do defenses. I'm not denying the way he is playing is a silver lining, but his coming out and making sure everyone knows it isn't going to do anyone any favors.

Then Gruden needs to grow a pair and call his bluff.

Hail.

If Griffin continues to play like he did yesterday, this is our only hope. It almost seems like the team is just waiting for Jay to do it. Like, "Prove you're a man of your word."

There's so much riding on these next 6 games I almost can't wrap my head around it.

Agreed.  Rick Snider wrote a piece about that, too.

EDIT:  PressBox DC @PressBoxDC  ·  26m 26 minutes ago

. @Snide_Remarks says it's time for Jay Gruden to show leadership if he wants to survive long as the Redskins' coach. http://ow.ly/EpRhs

I'm growing more and more disappointed with the Coach by the week.

Every week we get his total post-game honesty. But he doesn't seem to have a clue how to either motivate and gel a cohesive, professional unit and fix the same tired old problems he weekly laments; or have the steel to come down hard on these jerks.

Hail.

Jackson is getting paid 8 million dollars whether he catches 100 balls a year or he catches 10.

He can shut his mouth and be a part of the learning process or he can alienate himself by acting like he's too good to be considered part of the problem.

He's not part of the problem, he's our best offensive player and rarely misses out on making a play when it's there. He's really the only game changer on this roster--what a surprise we had to sign him in FA.

If Griffin continues to play like he did yesterday, this is our only hope. It almost seems like the team is just waiting for Jay to do it. Like, "Prove you're a man of your word."

There's so much riding on these next 6 games I almost can't wrap my head around it.

The way this season fell apart SO early has gotten me.

MUCH worse a feeling than even last year as this was supposed to be a new broom sweeping in a completely different culture.

Instead it's been more of the same in all respects.

Hail.

You tipped your hand with that last comment. Just come clean. You don't like DJax and was waiting for an opportunity to pounce.

I love the dude, but he's seen the damage of giving the media any kind of fuel. He should have been smart enough to know that he's got enough eyeballs on every part of his life. Be frustrated fine, i'm sure every single player in that locker room is frustrated, some that have been there through all the losing for years. I rarely remember seeing players express it on social media like that. 

Here lies the problem. Who exactly do we replace him with? Cousins nor McCoy is the answer. Do we draft a QB?

I'm growing more and more disappointed with the Coach by the week.

Every week we get his total post-game honesty. But he doesn't seem to have a clue how to either motivate and gel a cohesive, professional unit and fix the same tired old problems he weekly laments; or have the steel to come down hard on these jerks.

Hail.

I look at it another way... I think he knows what he's doing.  I think management is ****ing this one up.

Difficult to say that he'll so grossly be insubordinate to his owner in his first NFL HC gig... but I'd love to see it.

That was two years ago bucko. Back when DCs were having a hard time figuring out the read option and not to mention RG3 is not even that same player anymore. If thats your argument then why stop there? Why not bring back Joe Gibbs because he was the last coach to win us a Super Bowl.

two years, oh god, it's been so long, you know I was just a teenager back then, I'm starting Social Security soon.

we aren't playing much read option and Griffin had plenty of good passing plays that year.  And plenty of runs that weren't read option, like his run against Minnesota.  And plenty of failures that were, like 4th and 1 at the one against Carolina

The way this season fell apart SO early has gotten me.

MUCH worse a feeling than even last year as this was supposed to be a new broom sweeping in a completely different culture.

Instead it's been more of the same in all respects.

Hail.

Agreed. When you really stop and think about it though, how can any of us be surprised?

Hire head coach with connections to GM and DC. Keep DC and other members of the staff despite an absolutely abysmal track record. Promote a young TE coach to OC from within. Claim you're going to keep the running game concepts the same, which to my eyes couldn't be further from the truth. 

This team/franchise has no identity whatsoever. 

So in Gruden's presser, happening now, he was asked about this quote and basically inferred that DJax was upset about the issue regarding RG3 "throwing teammates under the bus."

He said Robert's words were twisted, but then said he told the team you can't give anyone the opportunity to twist your words or "twitter wars start happening."

Seemed to me, then, it looks like Jackson may have been targeting RG3 there specifically in his comments.

GRUDEN: "Robert needs to understand he needs to worry about himself and not everybody else. It's MY job to worry about everybody else. It's not his place. It's his place to talk about himself and everybody knows that."

So yeah, to all those brainiacs saying what Robert said yesterday "meant nothing," case closed. The HEAD COACH disagrees with you.

Here lies the problem. Who exactly do we replace him with? Cousins nor McCoy is the answer. Do we draft a QB?

I'm really starting to think that Colt McCoy is here for a reason. I think Jay realized early that Robert was not a sure thing and that Colt can 'hold the fort down' for a year or so while we build the team the way Jay wants.

Here's what I would do:

6 games left. You give Robert 3 to show drastic improvement/pocket awareness/ and an ability read and react to opposing defenses. If he continues to struggle, you give Kirk another shot. I know KC struggled, but interceptions are fixable a lot of the time. Ask Peyton Manning. Depending on how they play down the stretch, you commit to developing one next year. You find a way out with the other. If they both play terribly, open competition in camp next year with at least one new face.

If the bottom completely falls out, you go to Colt, who, like I said earlier, I think has somehow already earned Jay's trust. Stick with him, build the O-Line they way Jay wants and this offense needs and plug in a QB that fits when the time is right.

It's not wasting time. The picks for Robert are gone. We as a franchise have to stop thinking about that. What we do from now on is what's most critical. The longer we drag our feet, the worse it will get.

Colt McCoy has done nothing in his career, and Jay had never coached him.  We already had a backup like that, so why would he be drawn to Colt as anything more than a bottom of the bench backup.  Here's why we signed Colt, we'd spent to many draft picks to draft a QB late this year, and our starter has had some severe injuries so having just tow QBs was a risk

Archived