Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The DC Sports Curse Thread.

HailGalvatron

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Redskins

The Redskins have also experienced failure in their history. The most notable period of failure was from 1946 to 1970, during which the Redskins did not have a single postseason appearance.[3] During this period, the Redskins went without a single winning season between 1956 and 1968.[3] In 1961, the franchise posted their worst regular season record with a 1–12–1 showing.[3]

Yeah so everyone complaining doesn't know what true futility is :ols: It's all cyclical 

I'd blame the curse on Jack Kent Cooke.  His wish was to pass the Washington Redskins on to his son but Dan Snyder came along and bought the team.  From the grave JKC curses not only the Redskins but all other DC teams.

The only way to cure the curse is to remove Snyder from the owner as the owner and install a new owner of Cooke's liking.

Trying to think of what has caused the curse. Two things that come to mind that happened around the time it started and have to do with DC

One, Jack Kent Cooke moving the team to FedEx. 

Two, the Cold War ending and the dissolution of the Soviet Union. Maybe this is Khrushchev's revenge from the grave?

I don't know. I do know however that this curse would be a lot more fun if it had a face. Someone/something to blame and hate.

3 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Trying to think of what has caused the curse. Two things that come to mind that happened around the time it started and have to do with DC

One, Jack Kent Cooke moving the team to FedEx. 

Two, the Cold War ending and the dissolution of the Soviet Union. Maybe this is Khrushchev's revenge from the grave?

I don't know. I do know however that this curse would be a lot more fun if it had a face. Someone/something to blame and hate.

ooooh.  I do like the JKC moving the team bit.  That's a good one, for sure.  But that seems Redskins only, like there has to be something that encompases the Skins, Wiz, Nats and Caps.

Maybe the 4 Owners of the Sportspocalypse:  JKC moving the team out of DC, Polin changing the name...Bob Short (Senators owner who moved the team to become the Texas Rangers...) .....and I can't think of anything for the Caps because I don't really pay attention to hockey.  But we've had our fair share of owners making bad moves.

Thinking about it some more... Some quick history

On December 25, 1991, the Soviet hammer and sickle flag lowered for the last time over the Kremlin, thereafter replaced by the Russian tricolor. 

The Skins won the Super Bowl a month later. The last time.

It might be fun to hate this guy again...

berlin04.jpg

The Curse of Khrushchev. Coming back to crush the soul of the capital from the grave.

I'm a Cold War history freak so I'm probably alone on this.

The one thing all teams have in common, that's so bad, its suck permiates all 4 teams, and drags them down to the pits of hell. All fans loathe this common denominator, as well. It's the single biggest embarrassment in all of Washington, DC, even worse than Donald Trump strutting into a locker room of naked 14 & 15 year old girls.

The common thread of suck?

Metro. The Metro Curse.

On 10/14/2016 at 9:55 PM, Springfield said:

I'd blame the curse on Jack Kent Cooke.  His wish was to pass the Washington Redskins on to his son but Dan Snyder came along and bought the team.  From the grave JKC curses not only the Redskins but all other DC teams.

The only way to cure the curse is to remove Snyder from the owner as the owner and install a new owner of Cooke's liking.

You can blame JKC, but it's incorrect to say he wanted to pass the team to his son.  He could have willed it to him, but instead his will said the team was to be sold.  That's where Snyder came in because his son couldn't put together a strong enough bid.

Just now, China said:

You can blame JKC, but it's incorrect to say he wanted to pass the team to his son.  He could have willed it to him, but instead his will said the team was to be sold.  That's where Snyder came in because his son couldn't put together a strong enough bid.

Good point

God hates us

On 10/23/2016 at 5:33 AM, Bacon said:

Well, yeah, I'm sure if any city took multiple decades off from having a baseball team they would have a pretty unfortunate MLB championship drought.

To be fair, Cleveland's baseball team and 1/2 of Chicago's teams took 70+ years to even get back to the championship despite being there that whole time.

So, you know, bright side?

• 5 months later...

Archived