Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you think we make the playoffs this year?

northeastsucks

optimism doesnt have anything to do with my problem with that quote that we still have dan as the owner. if dan being the owner is a reason why we won't make it to the playoffs, then we wouldn't have made the playoffs in 2005, 2007, or 2012 since dan is still the owner. so in my opinion, the owner isnt a reason why we dont make the playoffs, or cant make the playoffs in any season.

Agree that Dan is not only part of the "problem" but part of any successes.

Dan does select Head Coaches and General Managers. After that its up to them and the players.

Dan doesn't seem to be interfering as much. He does want to win badly; only he doesn't know how to get there..

Maybe we would be thinking differently if Colt McCoy had played the last two games…the world may never know.

And maybe we would also be thinking differently if RG3 hadn't gotten hurt in week 2 and had been playing all season. Maybe a few of our losses could have been wins. Not saying they definitely would be wins. I'm saying MAYBE. Sucks to think about what our season could have been

The NFC South more than likely will have a division winner with a record of 8-8, 7-9 or even 6-10.

What's even more funny; the NFL will be expanding the playoffs to 14 teams; maybe as soon as next year.

Yeah, took a look at that last year and even though 14 team playoffs that will lead to more instances of 8-8 wildcards, it will also lead to 10-6 teams getting in as wildcards instead of getting left out like Arizona did last year.  Even though you can't do anything about a cluster like the NFC South this season, I don't think you'll start to have the problem of 7-9 teams regularly getting in unless they go to 16 teams.

That said, I'm not a big fan of a playoff field expanded from the current 12 teams and if they do expand, it might be time to consider a proposal like Gregg Easterbrook's from SI a few weeks ago and only keep the divisions for admin purposes, and go with a seeded format which would allow for a Super Bowl to be played between two teams within the same conference

And maybe we would also be thinking differently if RG3 hadn't gotten hurt in week 2 and had been playing all season. Maybe a few of our losses could have been wins. Not saying they definitely would be wins. I'm saying MAYBE. Sucks to think about what our season could have been

LOL, we'd have yet to score 100 points on the season.

Mathematically, if we win all our remaining games, AND the eagles AND cowboys lose all but one of their remaining games, it's possible...but given the performances against the Vikings & Buccs in what were "must win" and "easy wins"...does that seem likely?!

If we'd won the last two weeks, we'd be 5-7 vs the leaders at 7-5, and I would believe it was possible, but now...it's hard to believe.

My only hope is the visible frustration from some of the players in the Tampa game leads to a change in motivation, as so far this year (other than the Dallas game) there has seemed to be an air of apathy on the team that is bewildering.

If nothing else, let's see some passion from the guys next week...

The question is, will we make the playoffs next season?

No.

the question is, how in the world can you say that? can you see a year into the future? no. nobody can honestly 100% say that we wont make the playoffs next year. next year could turn out to be different.saying that we wont is just completely stupid.

No chance we're missing the playoffs this year *where the heck did I put my RG3 believe socks*

you have a pair of those too???

the question is, how in the world can you say that? can you see a year into the future? no. nobody can honestly 100% say that we wont make the playoffs next year. next year could turn out to be different.saying that we wont is just completely stupid.

Because I know what a good football team looks like and we are so completely far away from that. If we were a piece or two or even three away from contending I would say great, playoffs are a possibility next year. But we literally need help at every position other than maybe WR. We lack depth. Our franchise QB sucks. Our defensive schemes and players are bottom of the barrel. If we go better than 7-9 next year I'd be astounded.

Archived