Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you think we make the playoffs this year?

northeastsucks

At least the rest of the East has a tough schedule coming up while ours should at least get us to around .500 and striking distance.

Eagles:  Giants, Cards, Texans, Panthers, Packers and then finish with Cowboys, Seahawks, Cowboys, Redskins, Giants

Giants:  Eagles, Cowboys, Colts, Seahawks, 49ers, Cowboys

Cowboys:  Seahawks, Giants, Redskins, Arizona and then finish with Giants, Eagles, Bears, Eagles, Colts, Redskins

Redskins:  If they can get through Tampa and go 4-1 to pull to .500 (possible with schedule of: Titans, Cards, Cowboys, Bucs, Vikes)

I just can't see us making the playoffs and Jim Haslett is the reason.

As soon as Gruden was hired and we found out he was going to keep Hazlett we all knew right then that he was just a built in excuse for the suckage to come.

Hopefully they don't decide to drag it out another 2-3 years and just **** can him after the season but isn't his contract up?

Ok, after 2 days of being sad and angry about the loss to seattle, i am back to tinkering with ways of how we can somehow, in some crazy magical universe, make the playoffs. and, here is what i have come up with:

Redskins:

Week 6)@ Cardinals: W (2-4)

Week 7)Vs Titans: W (3-4)

Week 8)@ Cowboys: W (4-4)

Cowboys:

Week 6)@ Seahawks: L (4-2)

Week 7)Vs Giants: W (5-2)

Week 8)Vs Redskins: L (5-3)

Giants:

Week 6)@ Eagles: L (3-3)

Week 7)@ Cowboys: L (3-4)

Week 8)BYE

Eagles:

Week 6)Vs Giants: W (5-1)

Week 7)BYE

Week 8)@ Cardinals: L (5-2)

so with my predictions from my crazy drugged up mind, the standings will look like this:

Eagles: 5-2 (2-0 in division)

Cowboys: 5-3 (1-1 in division)

Redskins: 4-4 (1-2 in division)

Giants: 3-4 (1-2 in division)

IF all of this happens, somehow (meaning, if pigs end up flying), then we are just 2 games out of first with a game against the vikings coming up and then a bye week to get healthy, then a game against the bucs coming up, which hopefully RG3 will be ready to play in by then.

eagles have a few losable games (Vs Packers, Vs Seahawks, Vs Panthers, and rest of their nfc east games after week 8 could go either way)

Giants also have a few losable games after week 8 (@ seahawks, vs 49ers, and the rest of their nfc east games)

Cowboys have a fairly easy schedule after week 8 though...but then again, any given sunday...

i admit that i know none of this is even remotely possible due to how we are playing right now, so dont get me wrong and think that I am saying all of this will happen. theres a 99.9999999% chance that it wont happen. but until we are officially eliminated, I think I should be allowed to have my fun and predict things just for the fun of it. :P

Please stop dude. You're making it worse.

stop with what? having fun? having fun with predictions that i know aren't even possible? dude. its a message board where we can voice our opinions, no matter how stupid they most likely are. sorry if im having "too much fun" in a season that will most likely be **** in the end.

As soon as Gruden was hired and we found out he was going to keep Hazlett we all knew right then that he was just a built in excuse for the suckage to come.

Hopefully they don't decide to drag it out another 2-3 years and just **** can him after the season but isn't his contract up?

His contract is up after this season and Gruden better ****can him or he will end up being shown the door by his 3rd season. I like what Gruden has done with our offense and with time and experience, RG3 and Kirk Cousins are going to excel in his offense, and with a good defensive coordinator, the winning will return to Washington. 

We are cooked for the playoffs this year, barring some miraculous collapse by the rest of our division. I think expectations may have been unfortunately outsized, because I saw us at 10-6. We still have some really tough games out there. There's reason for optimism though as we still have a lot of young talent. I was so proud at how much fight this Defense had in the game against Seattle. We lost sure, but we never gave up.

just one day I would like us to be 4-4 at the midpoint of the season. I don't need championships, I just want it to be interesting every year.

You do know there's a chance for that if we win today right? Titans next week at fedex and then a game against Dallas that we could have a chance to win.

You do know there's a chance for that if we win today right? Titans next week at fedex and then a game against Dallas that we could have a chance to win.

There's a chance for everything but how likely is it

It looks to me like we've switched places with the Cowboys as far as not sticking to the run and Shanny is gone, can we even still run? The last few games it's been under 3ypc but even when they ran all over the Texans in a close game they didn't stick with it.

I'm thinking Gruden has no intention of using the run as his basic thing that we can at least fall back on and more than likely these guys do 0 practice blocking in the running game so it's getting worse week to week.

There's a chance for everything but how likely is it

It looks to me like we've switched places with the Cowboys as far as not sticking to the run and Shanny is gone, can we even still run? The last few games it's been under 3ypc but even when they ran all over the Texans in a close game they didn't stick with it.

I'm thinking Gruden has no intention of using the run as his basic thing that we can at least fall back on and more than likely these guys do 0 practice blocking in the running game so it's getting worse week to week.

Agreed it's not very likely with the way our defense has been playing and our offense isn't efficient enough. But still keeping hope :)

We are absolutely the worst team in our division; I laughed out loud when I read this thread. We will not be favored in a single game the rest of the season and we'll be very fortunate to get 5 wins. I'll be hoping each and every week, but I have seen nothing that gives me confidence we are about to figure this out. Best I think we can hope for is to grow as a team and be better prepared for next season. HTTR.

Even thougth, if we manage to win the next two games we are entering the bye week 3-4 and nothing is impossible from there. Our defense is battered, but our offense is pretty sweet considering our franchise QB is out. Im not ready to give up yet. 

Even thougth, if we manage to win the next two games we are entering the bye week 3-4 and nothing is impossible from there. Our defense is battered, but our offense is pretty sweet considering our franchise QB is out. Im not ready to give up yet. 

would be impossible to enter the bye week at 3-4. the bye week is in week 10. we would either have to be anywhere from 5-4 (best case) to 1-8 (worst case)

would be impossible to enter the bye week at 3-4. the bye week is in week 10. we would either have to be anywhere from 5-4 (best case) to 1-8 (worst case)

Oups my bad, dunno why i thought that bye week was week 8. Still next two are very important.

Archived