Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you think we make the playoffs this year?

northeastsucks

I needed the laugh after watching Arsenal lose to Chelsea for the 93929302nd time.

Thanks dude for this thread

You forgot re-animating Sammy Baugh's corpse with stem cells and going back in time and bringing back 2012 RG3 to play WR as well as 2005 Santana Moss.

That's good enough for a wild card run

Ahh yes, I remember that 2005 Moss, that most fans said was just a returner and too small and too injured and was a terrible trade, that we'd miss Coles.

And I remember those 2012 Redskins with RG3, that were 3-6 and fans saying the season was already over.

This fanbase, and all fanbases really, need to try being more optimistic and less sure of a dreadful future.

how many teams have a chance at anything with their starting QB injured?

how many teams have a chance at anything with their starting QB injured?

True... very rarely... very

why think about thefuture if you can't envision it better?

Ahh yes, I remember that 2005 Moss, that most fans said was just a returner and too small and too injured and was a terrible trade, that we'd miss Coles.

And I remember those 2012 Redskins with RG3, that were 3-6 and fans saying the season was already over.

This fanbase, and all fanbases really, need to try being more optimistic and less sure of a dreadful future.

lol I was one of those fans... I liked Moss... but really liked Coles

Time humbles all

We are likely going to be 1-4, look at the rest of the division.  

Eagles the class right now.

Cowboys better than expected

Giants better than expected

Redskins......where everyone but us, expected.

It ain't happening, unless the other three teams have a big drop off.

@bosshog, my point is that its crazy to say we have a 1-4 record at least until we are getting blown out tomorrow night to the point where its known that we won't be able to come back to win. right now, we are 1-3. change that record to 1-3 at least until the seahawks are winning 28-3 at halftime.

That could be the score after the first quarter.

"snyder is still the owner".

so, was he not the owner in 2005, 2007, or 2012?

you are the most optimistic person I have seen here man but come on, do you really think its not his fault that we are laughing stock of nfl with all those bust trades and stupid Cerrato era? He is a idiot and if he was never a owner this team would be in better place right now I can almost guarante it. 

this team has been the last place in NFC east and almost NFC for the longest time. 2012 was a fluke with RG3 and read option, not going to happen again, and RG3 is a fragile player who will be out of football in few years. 

you are the most optimistic person I have seen here man but come on, do you really think its not his fault that we are laughing stock of nfl with all those bust trades and stupid Cerrato era? He is a idiot and if he was never a owner this team would be in better place right now I can almost guarante it. 

this team has been the last place in NFC east and almost NFC for the longest time. 2012 was a fluke with RG3 and read option, not going to happen again, and RG3 is a fragile player who will be out of football in few years. 

optimism doesnt have anything to do with my problem with that quote that we still have dan as the owner. if dan being the owner is a reason why we won't make it to the playoffs, then we wouldn't have made the playoffs in 2005, 2007, or 2012 since dan is still the owner. so in my opinion, the owner isnt a reason why we dont make the playoffs, or cant make the playoffs in any season.

optimism doesnt have anything to do with my problem with that quote that we still have dan as the owner. if dan being the owner is a reason why we won't make it to the playoffs, then we wouldn't have made the playoffs in 2005, 2007, or 2012 since dan is still the owner. so in my opinion, the owner isnt a reason why we dont make the playoffs, or cant make the playoffs in any season.

If the bar has become just making the playoffs then it's pretty much over for the franchise and the fan base.  Settling for mediocrity is not what winning organizations do.

If the bar has become just making the playoffs then it's pretty much over for the franchise and the fan base.  Settling for mediocrity is not what winning organizations do.

where  in my post did i mention anything about settling for the playoffs? my post is about a poster that said that a reason that we wont make the playoffs this season is because dan is still our owner. to which i replied "oh, so dan wasnt our owner in 2005, 2007, and 2012?"

where  in my post did i mention anything about settling for the playoffs? my post is about a poster that said that a reason that we wont make the playoffs this season is because dan is still our owner. to which i replied "oh, so dan wasnt our owner in 2005, 2007, and 2012?"

You've never experienced winning it all with this team so the bar is pretty low for you.  I think it's easier for a fan who has never experienced the super bowl championships because you don't know what you've missed.  Kind of ignorance is bliss.

This team basically hasn't been competitive (in terms of really being able to compete for a super bowl) in 20 years.  That's a pretty long drought.  It might be the longest in the NFL.  Even Tampa has been more competitive in that time frame.

You've never experienced winning it all with this team so the bar is pretty low for you.  I think it's easier for a fan who has never experienced the super bowl championships because you don't know what you've missed.  Kind of ignorance is bliss.

This team basically hasn't been competitive (in terms of really being able to compete for a super bowl) in 20 years.  That's a pretty long drought.  It might be the longest in the NFL.  Even Tampa has been more competitive in that time frame.

i know that but thats not the point im trying to make. the poster i was quoitng said "Hasslet is still here, so that means no. Snyder is still the owner, thats a hell no. just threw that one in there".(as if to say that as long as snyder is the owner, we will never get to the playoffs) to which i replied "oh, so did we not have snyder as our owner in 2005, 2007, and 2012 when we made the playoffs?". settling for the playoffs was in no way a part of my point.

Archived