Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you think we make the playoffs this year?

northeastsucks

I'm trying to figure out if this is even a serious question.  While I wish I could say absolutely yes...a 3-4 game win streak is all the team needs to get back in contention, it just wouldn't be realistic.  That's very unlikely.  There's no chance the Redskins  make the playoffs this year.  A better question might be how many wins will they have at the end of the year?  My over/under is 5 games.  

No chance. This team will be lucky to win 5 games this year. To make the playoffs they needed to be 4-1 after tonight not 1-4. The goal this year is to see a competitive spirit and look for individual improvement from specific guys. They need multiple, multiple years of good drafts to get back to competitive.

No chance. This team will be lucky to win 5 games this year. To make the playoffs they needed to be 4-1 after tonight not 1-4. The goal this year is to see a competitive spirit and look for individual improvement from specific guys. They need multiple, multiple years of good drafts to get back to competitive.

Agree, I think "multiple years" is a bit dramatic as no team is really granted that type of patience anymore, but to your point I agree that the goal for this year should be very simple:

--Do enough so that when the season ends we can feel decent about where we are headed. Define that however you like... For me, we need to win some game along the way to feel that way. We need to pull some upsets, beat equal teams more often than not (Titans, Vikings, Rams, Bucs) and get to 6 or 7 wins as a clearly better team in week 17 than we were in week 4.

Playoffs? 7 wins, 5 wins, 4 wins?? What team are you guys watching? I don't see this team winning more than 2 games this year and that's just because over the course of the season we'll (hopefully) get lucky once.. This team is bad.. bad, bad, bad.. And injured!  I think we could muster out 4 or 5 really close games, but wins? Nah..

Playoffs? 7 wins, 5 wins, 4 wins?? What team are you guys watching? I don't see this team winning more than 2 games this year and that's just because over the course of the season we'll (hopefully) get lucky once.. This team is bad.. bad, bad, bad.. And injured!  I think we could muster out 4 or 5 really close games, but wins? Nah..

to be fair...all those 7 wins, 5 wins, 4 wins posts were before tonights game. obviously nobody is calling for us to win 7, 5 or even 4 games after becoming 1-4.

Without reading all the other smartass comments, let me add my own: We will make the playoffs this year if, and only if, the definition of playoffs is expanded from being strictly relating to "a well coached, deserving football team earning a spot in the postseason championship tournament" to "a bunch of dudes who appear to be playing some sort of ball related activity, coached by that dude who hangs out at golden corrale every Wednesday night, while trying to avoid their respective wives, employers, and probation officers." 

I had hope but yeah I dont think we make it sadly!

I love the skins I'm just lost now. I'd hate to tank it but we need a high pick (again)...

Hail

Yep no chance now. I'd be surprised if we beat the Cardinals next week. And I don't think we can beat Dallas either. Use this year to develop. Put RGIII in when he's able to play and let him get better.

And I don't think we can beat Dallas either.

This is what's killing me. They're 4-1. Brutal. Tho from an objective stance they did it right with their OL. Rebuilt it quick and now they're competing. Skins need to take note. They have Trent and nothing else. Draft two more 1st round OLs and this team will compete.

a) mildly unlikely

B) somewhat unlikely

d) sorta unlikely

oh yeah C) Not a friggin chance likely 

I'll pick C. oh, and why is it that whenever someone types B with the ) sign, it always comes up as B) ? i guess people have to type B) to make that face not show up

huh...this board is weird. its impossible to type the letter that comes after A without getting that face to show up.

Defense wins championships period! Since the beating we put on a dismal Jags team, our Defense has given up an average of 35 points a game, 35 freaking points! Not even an offense led by Tom Brady or Payton Manning could overcome that each week. I don't care if Griffin does return to 2012 form, no team is going to have a winning record when their Defense gives up that many points. If not for the Seahawks having 3 TD's called back, they would have put 48 points on our Defense. I just can't see us making the playoffs and Jim Haslett is the reason.

Archived