Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DS: Washington keeps serving fans skunked World Cup beer.

Shiv

I'll wager Snyder doesn't even know about this.

Just because he happens to own the team doesn't mean to say he knows every aspect of everything that goes on. Probably just the catering guys using up the stock. Which doesn't make it right by any means. Just not necessarily been brought to the owners attention.

Hail.

True that he probably doesn't know.

BUT

It's his team and his employees. They should take on the character that he exudes. The thought in their minds should be "if the owner finds out about this we are fired" not "we will be promoted".

If we were winning, who cares? I'm sure RFK served up its share of raunchy food & beverage in the 80's & early 90's, but we were so damn good, who the hell cared. Everything gets magnified when you stink. The bad food and drink they serve at all the stadiums, becomes a focal point only at the bad teams stadiums.

I'll wager Snyder doesn't even know about this.

Just because he happens to own the team doesn't mean to say he knows every aspect of everything that goes on. Probably just the catering guys using up the stock. Which doesn't make it right by any means. Just not necessarily been brought to the owners attention.

Hail.

Nor would we have cared if we won 45-14.

True that he probably doesn't know.

BUT

It's his team and his employees. They should take on the character that he exudes. The thought in their minds should be "if the owner finds out about this we are fired" not "we will be promoted".

Unfortunately there aren't enough hours in the day for that, believe it or not.

I'd also say that if we are the ONLY stadium doing this it's a little more damning.  I'm not sure I believe that just yet.  Deadspin is very good, but they have an agenda against our team.  McGeary always has.

Anybody really surprised? Snyder is a scumbag, of course he's going to sell stale beer along with god awful food they serve at Fedex field. 

This unrelenting weasel has held this franchise hostage for the past decade and a half, and he hasn't even cracked 50 yet. This fan base is in for at least another 20-30 years of this nonsense.

Eh, while that's not a good thing, I think none of us really probably want to know how the sausage is made at concession stands at sporting events.

It's all about winning. RFK was a dirty, concrete dump. It was gross. But no one ever ripped JKC for it because no one cared. They enjoy their experience there because the team was so damn good. The rats in the concourse didn't matter.

We are in hell right now gentlemen and Dan Snyder is in fact the devil.  Best case scenario is he moves the team to LA and after a few years the NFL grants us a new franchise in Virginia.   Let us pray...

My god the Wizards season can't come soon enough.  Isn't there a Wizards board you like?

While this isn't the best thing to hit the news wires, I can almost guarantee any sports owner would probably do the same (and that's assuming Snyder was even aware of it)

Dan Snyder grew such a bad reputation, so quick into his his ownership that sometimes it just feels like piling on when you see these kinds of stories in the headlines.

While this isn't the best thing to hit the news wires, I can almost guarantee any sports owner would probably do the same (and that's assuming Snyder was even aware of it)

Dan Snyder grew such a bad reputation, so quick into his his ownership that sometimes it just feels like piling on when you see these kinds of stories in the headlines.

We saw this sentiment a lot in the wake of the hilarious and devastating City Paper "Cranky Redskins Fan Guide to Dan Snyder A-Z"

It's simply not true. There's not a single other NFL owner who has even come close to the compendium's worth of stupidity, pettiness, nastiness, and general bufoonery as Dan Snyder. Not even close. And in 15 short years!!!

Ralph Wilson owned the Bills for about 85 years, and a similar article about him would be a pamphlet about the size of Airplane's "Jewish Sports Legends" light reading, with the majority of it dedicated to him flipping the bird once. Dan flips the bird to Redskins fans about 7 times a week.

I wish McKenna would update his masterpiece annually. The material is certainly there.

Don't sue me Dan.

I'm starting to see a trend with the food concessions at FedEx:

-Stale peanuts from a defunct airline (Independence Air)

-Beer vendors selling bottles in the bathroom

-Selling beer from June

I shutter to think what kind of chemicals are used for the chicken fingers, fries, burgers, etc.

Funny me and my friends are always amazed at how Chicken Tenders at Fed-ex field are always bright orange. They are never a golden brown color you expect a tender to be.

I have a buddy who owns a beer distributor and my understanding is that NFL teams basically get the beer they sell for free. It's basically viewed as advertising for the beer companies. (Though that may just be true on the kegs).

So....take that as you will.

Which distributor and where? I work for a local distributor (not Budweiser) and find it hard to believe they basically get their beer for "free" yea

maybe at a discount because they order so much, but I really dont think its any where close to free. Bottles, can or kegs

So basically what your saying is... They get the beer for dirt cheap, and then charge 200% the average price for it?

Snyder deserves all the humiliation he can get. May he rot in hell

Snyder doesnt set the food and beverage costs, thats the company that cooks and serves food at the stadium, used to be Aramark, dont know

if it still is these days

3-4 month old beer is not skunk beer. That is ridiculous.

Yeah it may be a bad look serving beer with world cup logos on it, but I can guarantee it is the catering company doing it, not Snyder. I am sure they had a lot of left over cans made for the world cup and they were just trying to get rid of them. There is no way Snyder received any extra profit by selling it. If anyone did it would have been the distribution company. Snyder is probably as angry at this as anyone. I bet you won't see any of them Monday night.  

The fact that our fans immediately start bashing the owner and whining about how this embodies everything wrong with the franchise is much more frustrating than some 4 month old beer. 

The fact that our fans immediately start bashing the owner and whining about how this embodies everything wrong with the franchise is much more frustrating than some 4 month old beer.

I see so fans have made the trades, ran the draft, sined the free agents, and developed the players

****ing about beer or 20 years of ineptitude. Which shall it be... let me think... I'm with you. It's the ****ing about beer that is everything wrong with the franchise!

Archived