Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Adrian Peterson indicted on child abuse via TMZ

Mocountyskins

Ok, so since we're all presumably adults here (and since 14 year old kids know how to use google), many of us with young children, for some perspective I've linked what are (purportedly) the pictures of Adrian Peterson's son taken by police subsequent to the incident.

Probably NSFW.

http://dailysnark.com/pictures-adrian-petersons-sons-beating-wounds-emerge/

I have no trouble with a firm spanking with the hand if the circumstances call for it. But in my opinion you cannot do this to a child.

Those were taken four days afterwards too. He went way too far and he doesn't even seem to get that point. As far as he's concerned he was just being a parent. Has his access to these kids been restricted? Until he's jailed or at the very least made to understand that what he has done is not ok he really shouldn't be allowed the opportunity to do it again. I see on espn that he's also been put on the exempt list.

Curious that Goodell hasn't even surfaced to comment. Just how deep a hole has he hidden himself in anyway? A little criticism and he vanishes completely. Way to be a leader Roger.

He didn't assume she was trying to kill him? I think that's the assumption I'd leap right to...

Apparently he said something smart in protest one day, AFTER getting caught with one of his old mans cigarettes.

Funny thing is that he's all smiles whenever he talks about it. Was like I don't even remember her going to get it from the fireplace... I think she summoned it using the Force.

Id never beat a child, but I will spank, if necessary, as a last resort. Deterrence. Let it be the nuclear option. Let them know that you have it, and will use it if necessary. Let them know that the pain train exists, and could possibly make a stop on that ass.

But I can see .myself learning the child's personality more than anything. What works and what doesn't. Do they respond to stern words, threat/ carrying out of a spanking, or taking away things that to them, like the PS15, or finding a way to make them uncomfortable around their friends, lettinme.them face the wrath of their peers rather than myself.

Whatever works. And as much as I may one day fail as a parent if I ever have to lay a hand on my child that doesn't exist yet, I can live with that considerably more than door slamming, talking back, and general dictating as to how I should run my , house, with me running into my room and crying my eyes out wondering why little Timmy doesn't like me, holding expensive therapy sessions... Or going on Dr. Phil

My kids(s) wont fear me... They'll fear disobeying me. Chances are though that I won't have to lay a hand on them though. I'll concoct and weave a narrative so disturbing they won't dare **** with me.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/17/us/adrian-peterson-child-abuse-charges/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Vikings: Adrian Peterson won't play until legal issues are resolved

"In a statement early Wednesday, the team said Peterson has been placed on the NFL's Exempt/Commissioner's Permission list, which will require him to "remain away from all team activities."

"While we were trying to make a balanced decision (Monday), after further reflection we have concluded that this resolution is best for the Vikings and for Adrian," said a statement from owners Zygi and Mark Wilf. "We want to be clear: we have a strong stance regarding the protection and welfare of children, and we want to be sure we get this right."

My kids(s) wont fear me... They'll fear disobeying me. Chances are though that I won't have to lay a hand on them though. I'll concoct and weave a narrative so disturbing they won't dare **** with me.

That's the ideal, but that is so much harder in practice than it is in theory. I think my oldest would prefer getting beat just so we just stop talking to her about her behavior.

I feared my father because I didn't want to disappoint him, not because I thought I was going to get hit. I was fairly certain that there was nothing I could do that would result in a beating. But I was also inclined seemingly from birth to please authority figures. My cousin was a holy terror and would laugh while his mother spanked him. I would be in their house and would be terrified by how hard she was hitting him and how little he seemed to give a ****. And he was, like, seven. I don't think there was anything she could do physically short of breaking his arms or ribs that would have gotten him to cry.

Strangely enough, he turned out to be the most well-adjusted member of my family. His brother was very much like me and was a pleaser. He's a successful adult too. So, who the hell knows?

I honestly think parenting is a total crap shoot. I think genetics and brain chemistry play such a big role in who we are and what we become that if we ever really got the truth about the impact parenting has on a person, we would cry.

(As someone who has adopted kids out of foster care, I know what damage truly terrible parenting can do. If you ignore a child for two years, they are going to have some severe developmental issues. And if you abuse a child regularly, you are going to do some severe damage. But I'm not sure that there is that much difference between half-assed parenting and Cliff Huxtable style perfect parenting. I can think of ten examples from my own life of siblings who grew up in the same house with seemingly good parents and turned into totally opposite people. But - by and large - I think the one thing you can do to determine your child's outcome in life is live in the right zip code. I always go back to the British aristocracy. They were handed over to nannies, tutors, and private schools at age 3 and then grew up to rule India, oppress the Irish, and defeat Germans. As some who is currently employing an army of psychiatrists, counselors, tutors, and coaches, I see some value there).

How many sluts has this dumbass impregnated? There was the ho' whose boyfriend killed his son, and this kid was visiting his other kids from presumably a different woman, so that's at least 3. Time to choose between condoms or a vasectomy; please just stop reproducing!

We needed some misogyny here. It was truly lacking.

Late, but appropriate decision. 

This is amazing to watch. The league and the teams truly have no idea what on earth they are doing.

Seriously, we actually pretend that these people are brilliant leaders with master plans. I would trust ABCQCOWBOY to be commissioner over Goodell at this point.

I thought of something that I really hadn't considered before.

Obviously, Peterson has several kids with several different mothers.  I have no idea how involved he is in raising them.  However, my son's mother only see's him 1 time per year, roughly 5 days per year.  If she spanked him, I'd go ape.  Again, I don't know how involved he is in raising his kids, but I do see that as an issue if he is not in their daily lives. He shouldn't be spanking them as a once in a while parent.  (again, I don't if that is the case with him or not, just speculating)

This suspension has nothing to do with what's morally right. Zygi Wilfe is a greedy turd and once Radison canceled sponsorship, he knew they were in trouble. Also keep in mind that the Vikes are still looking for stadium naming rights, plus it appears they may have exhausted their $975 mil budget for the new stadium.

This is amazing to watch. The league and the teams truly have no idea what on earth they are doing.

Seriously, we actually pretend that these people are brilliant leaders with master plans.

Not only does the league not care enough about domestic violence, they don't think the public and sponsors care enough either.

And we have Reggie Bush dropping this gem:

I most definitely discipline my daughter. I have a 1-year-old daughter, and I discipline her. Obviously, every person is different, and I definitely will use my best judgement to discipline her depending on the situation and what happens. I definitely will try to obviously not leave bruises or anything like that on her, but I definitely will discipline her, harshly, depending on what the situation is.

how the **** do you discipline a ONE year old baby, ****ing moron

I most definitely discipline my daughter. I have a 1-year-old daughter, and I discipline her. Obviously, every person is different, and I definitely will use my best judgement to discipline her depending on the situation and what happens. I definitely will try to obviously not leave bruises or anything like that on her, but I definitely will discipline her, harshly, depending on what the situation is.

This is really disturbing. That child will likely grow up with some serious issues.

Reggie

Reggie is definitely an idiot.

You guys need to stop overreacting to every little thing. I was told that it's never too early to teach your kid right from wrong. Even a one year old is capable of learning.

You guys need to stop overreacting to every little thing. I was told that it's never too early to teach your kid right from wrong. Even a one year old is capable of learning.

One year old can barely talk so how can they process between right and wrong. What can a one year old do that needs disciplined? 

You're right about that.  But the word discipline, when used by Bush in that case, is made to look like he's talking about corporal punishment.  And at a year old they really aren't going to get the message of why you're doing what you're doing.  At that age it's more about prevention and deflection in discipline than anything else.

Yeah but with corporal punishment?

Seriously, some of you who are advocating this nonsense maybe need to open your eyes to the wealth of studies out there showing just how detrimental this can be to the proper development of infants and children.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12614655

We show here that subtle forms of maltreatment during infancy (below 1 year of age) have potential consequences for the functioning of thechild's adrenocortical response system. Infants who received frequent corporal punishment (e.g., spanking) showed high hormonal reactivity to stress (a repeated separation from mother, combined with the presence of a stranger). In addition, infants who experienced frequent emotional withdrawal by their mothers (either as a result of maternal depression, or mother's strategic use of withdrawal as a control tactic) showed elevated baseline levels of cortisol. It was suggested that there are hormonal "costs" when mothers show response patterns (intentionally or unintentionally) that limit their utility as a means of buffering the child against stress. The hormonal responses shown by infants may alter the functioning of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis in ways that, if continued, may foster risk for immune disorders, sensitization to later stress, cognitive deficits, and social-emotional problems.

Just because it happened in your times, or you were told by someone doesn't mean that this practice has any sort of merit.

What a lot of people may be missing is that it was probably only a matter of time before Peterson got caught.  I'm fairly certain that teachers are mandated to report any assumptions that they have of child-abuse.  His kids are probably around preschool/kindergarten age, so he was bound to have the spotlight on him sooner, rather than later. 

What a lot of people may be missing is that it was probably only a matter of time before Peterson got caught.  I'm fairly certain that teachers are mandated to report any assumptions that they have of child-abuse.  His kids are probably around preschool/kindergarten age, so he was bound to have the spotlight on him sooner, rather than later. 

What do you mean that people are missing something?  (I don't mean that to sound confrontational, I'm genuinely asking.)

Not that anything you said is factually incorrect, but I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Heh, looks like Gloria Allred is getting ready to have a PC at the Atlanta Raddison(clever girl) to reveal another player accused of abuse. Believe it will be multiple accusers against one player.

If there's one person who could make AP seem likable again in comparison it's her.

Talk about an ambulance chasing attorney.

Archived